PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Buying Platinum?

Distension
04-21-2014, 01:34 AM
When people buy platinum in pocket legends, where does it go? I had a opinion that it goes to fund arcane legends.

Why dont Sts fund every game by its own donations through buying platinum?

Skeletonlord
04-21-2014, 01:42 AM
When people buy platinum in pocket legends, where does it go? I had a opinion that it goes to fund arcane legends.

Why dont Sts fund every game by its own donations through buying platinum?

First time I've heard of this. In my opinion, buying platinum obviously goes to two companies - the host provider and STG. The host provider might get half the profit and STS might get the other half.

As for what game the profit goes onto, I'd certainly agree with you. Why buy PL plat if it is going towards AL? If your thinking about it this way, you've basically spent your hard earned real life money on something for AL! The money you spent on PL should go onto making Pocket Legends better.

Ssneakykills
04-21-2014, 02:07 AM
First time I've heard of this. In my opinion, buying platinum obviously goes to two companies - the host provider and STG. The host provider might get half the profit and STS might get the other half.

As for what game the profit goes onto, I'd certainly agree with you. Why buy PL plat if it is going towards AL? If your thinking about it this way, you've basically spent your hard earned real life money on something for AL! The money you spent on PL should go onto making Pocket Legends better.

But if you think of it this way it's also helping to keep pl running for us

Lunaskyz
04-21-2014, 02:47 AM

Which really, is all that matters. JustG has came out multiple times and told us its not going to happen. Numerous ideas have been devised, and shot out the sky. Be happy the game is still available! Stop complaining about new caps. I cant be the only one frustrated by the amount of times the "pl is abandoned" discussion is brought up. Be thankful you got to experience the game in all its glory, and happy you still get to hang out with your friends here. /rant

Distension
04-21-2014, 04:19 AM
Some money goes into games but it probably all goes to AL

Skeletonlord
04-21-2014, 04:32 AM

Yes. I didn't actually think of it this way. Yes, PL is still running due to the success of AL. I still think we should be able to get new content for PL using profit FROM PL.

Which really, is all that matters. JustG has came out multiple times and told us its not going to happen. Numerous ideas have been devised, and shot out the sky. Be happy the game is still available! Stop complaining about new caps. I cant be the only one frustrated by the amount of times the "pl is abandoned" discussion is brought up. Be thankful you got to experience the game in all its glory, and happy you still get to hang out with your friends here. /rant

I'm not even complaining at all. I'm just worried that our money is going towards AL. I personally would like a new cap, but I'm not moaning about it. At least we have a game to play. Linking back to the "hang out with friends" discussion, I still have people to talk to.

Distension
04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Yes. I didn't actually think of it this way. Yes, PL is still running due to the success of AL. I still think we should be able to get new content for PL using profit FROM PL.

I'm not even complaining at all. I'm just worried that our money is going towards AL. I personally would like a new cap, but I'm not moaning about it. At least we have a game to play. Linking back to the "hang out with friends" discussion, I still have people to talk to.

Love you :3

Lunaskyz
04-21-2014, 06:18 AM
I'm not even complaining at all.
You aren't, but others do/will.

Princess Fiona
04-21-2014, 10:10 AM
What's annoying is that they keep our hopes up saying there might be a new cap when everyone knows there won't be one, instead of doing that they should just tell us there won't be another cap and people won't complain as much because they finally got an answer, and after that I can go look for my hero shrek in his swamp:)

Aveea
04-21-2014, 10:33 AM
They've laid down their perspective. It stinks for us, we didn't think it would happen to PL (at least I didn't) I always envisioned PL getting that one last Grand Cap, not a slow painful death. It's sad, but its the way its going. Ik they're doing whats best for STG. Compartmentalizing plat into games wouldn't be the best plan for them, and would require a big work staff prob. Even still, I wish they had let us go out with a big bang. Ik, they will keep it running...y'all know what I mean by "go out"

Skeletonlord
04-21-2014, 11:17 AM
What's annoying is that they keep our hopes up saying there might be a new cap when everyone knows there won't be one, instead of doing that they should just tell us there won't be another cap and people won't complain as much because they finally got an answer, and after that I can go look for my hero shrek in his swamp:)

Nice comment! Thanked post! :) I doubt if they will release a new cap randomly. It would have already been said if they were.

They've laid down their perspective. It stinks for us, we didn't think it would happen to PL (at least I didn't) I always envisioned PL getting that one last Grand Cap, not a slow painful death. It's sad, but its the way its going. Ik they're doing whats best for STG. Compartmentalizing plat into games wouldn't be the best plan for them, and would require a big work staff prob. Even still, I wish they had let us go out with a big bang. Ik, they will keep it running...y'all know what I mean by "go out"

Yeah, I also would of thought there would be one final cap to top off all the other levels and caps. However, a slow and painful death is probably the way to go. Again, it's best for the future of the company. The won't will never "go out". The game is still very popular.

Aveea
04-21-2014, 12:09 PM
@ skel, thats why I said ik they will keep it running. U took my "go out" too literally.

Justg
04-21-2014, 12:39 PM
If you buy plat in Pocket Legends, you are spending it in Pocket Legends. Your revives, elixirs, vanities, etc. are used in Pocket Legends. You are spending your money in the game you are playing, and getting value from the game that you spent your money in.

The profit that we make from your purchases in Pocket Legends are relatively minimal, and go towards things like hosting and operations cost.

So if you feel like spending money in Pocket Legends, by all means do so, and enjoy your plat in Pocket Legends. If you don't feel like spending money in PL, no worries, we'll let ya play the whole game for free anyway!

Cheers,

- g

Impact
04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Thnx for the answer g!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ks_Leon
04-21-2014, 12:59 PM
If you buy plat in Pocket Legends, you are spending it in Pocket Legends. Your revives, elixirs, vanities, etc. are used in Pocket Legends. You are spending your money in the game you are playing, and getting value from the game that you spent your money in.

The profit that we make from your purchases in Pocket Legends are relatively minimal, and go towards things like hosting and operations cost.

So if you feel like spending money in Pocket Legends, by all means do so, and enjoy your plat in Pocket Legends. If you don't feel like spending money in PL, no worries, we'll let ya play the whole game for free anyway!

Cheers,

- g

Glad people buy plat from PL,their fund goes to PL.Thank you sir.

Z
04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
What he is basically saying is the money spent in pl through plat purchases is basically just enough to keep the servers up.

NotYoCookiez
04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
When xyther, billy and sus stops buying plat, servers are going down

Somemager
04-21-2014, 08:47 PM
When xyther, billy and sus stops buying plat, servers are going down

Well isnt xyzther banned? I guess one down two to go.

Zeus
04-21-2014, 08:52 PM

This!

I may be an AL player now, but I still log on from time to time to play the game that started it all.

Shrek
04-21-2014, 09:33 PM
This!

I may be an AL player now, but I still log on from time to time to play the game that started it all.
lier.

Zeus
04-21-2014, 10:21 PM
lier.

Check my last log in date, Saool caught me online just a few days ago. :3

Xyzther
04-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Well isnt xyzther banned? I guess one down two to go.

Nop

FortalWao
04-23-2014, 08:50 AM

So what if it all goes toward AL? You're paying for the perks in game available because of the plat. What STG do with the money is their business, not yours. You got your plat, they got their money, the deal is done. Besides a lot of it probably goes to the devs/mods/... as their salary.

Xyzther
04-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Nop

Nvm

saool
04-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Check my last log in date, Saool caught me online just a few days ago. :3

Yes I seen your sexy behr we talked for a bit, which was great to do after so long! <3 miss you buddy. I might try out AL after idk how long lol I still have my short smurf same as always Saool

Zeus
04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Yes I seen your sexy behr we talked for a bit, which was great to do after so long! <3 miss you buddy. I might try out AL after idk how long lol I still have my short smurf same as always Saool

Well, I have news for you!

Smurfs suck there too! :3

saool
06-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Well, I have news for you!

Smurfs suck there too! :3

You're bad! LOL I like me Smurf :3

Soz for necro I hardly check any of this anymore lol