PDA

View Full Version : traps or veil.or both in pve

Veluthe
04-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Ive been using the general aimed nox sp medic build for long time Cu's I used pve and pvp. Now I want to go full pve awhile. But I cant decide to take traps or veil or both. Right now I'm running sv 4 aimed 5 nox 5 sp 1 passives 5 on strop dex int dmg and int.
But. Which is better dmg wise and supporting team between traps and sv? Thanks

Zuzeq
04-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I run many builds that includes both Traps and Veil. If you had to choose one , Veil has more value imo due it being a triple plus (Defence , Offence and a debuff). FyI , if you use a damage pet the grants 5%+ damage I would take the damage passive out of your spec.

Anarchist
04-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Take in case damage does not stack rather the highest buff between passive, pet, lix and veil will be chosen.

So first kick damage and pick crit 5/5.

Trap: Traps are not useful in the new maps. Unlike shuyal you don't go rambo pick as many mobs as you can group and smash. In Tindirin you chew little pieces of meat. You kill little by little so there is no need to group the mobs since they are few.

Veil: It is no more useful for damage but the armor buff.

Aim.
Nox.
Shadow p.
Veil.

Int.
Str.
Dex.
Crit.

Veluthe
04-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Ohh I thought dmg stacks with pet. Well I guess that would allow me to take both veil and traps then. :)

wvhills
04-22-2014, 07:53 AM
I currently have 4/5 veil (no explosion), 5/5 aimed, 5/5 nox, 2/5 pierce and 4/5 traps. I run with veil, aimed and nox all the time and used traps for mobs and pierce for boss. Imo, traps are useless in the new elites. The damage they do is minimal and it seems like their pulls have been nerfed. I'm taking traps out and going with veil, aimed, nox and pierce all the time. In the past rogues could be aoe machines but in these maps we should focus on single target and let the mages do the aoe. I'll drop a veil and move from corner to corner in it while charging nox and tapping aimed. Once the mobs health gets to around half then i pick out a weak one and tap aimed, tap nox and tap pierce to take him out. It takes them out one at a time but that's one less mob that's attacking ur tank.

* I do this strategy if the party has one mage or two mage that have legendary weapons. If there are two arcane staff mages in the party then never charge nox. The mages have enough firepower to aoe the mobs. In this situation just focus on high priority (healers and the big green guys who stun) targets.

Madnex
04-22-2014, 11:42 AM
I'll have to agree with everything above, traps are a bad point investment on the new elites. Positioning a trap enables risking getting combo'd after the pull too.

Throwing them into crit passive (after maxing INT, STR, DEX ones) is a good choice if you run on elixirs frequently or spend most of your time in a veil.

Veluthe
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Ya ive decided I don't like traps. So I just stick with veil and my str int dex crit and dmg passives

Zuzeq
04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Ya ive decided I don't like traps. So I just stick with veil and my str int dex crit and dmg passives

As a reminder , if you use a damage pet then the damage passive is useless.

Classychic
04-24-2014, 02:50 PM
I feel naked in elites without my traps :( everyone has their own playstyle tho, and I like how mages can whambam mobs after they're pulled in. I dislike using pierce during mobs cause it messes up my movement and sometimes gets me annoyingly in the shaman's red zone :)