PDA

View Full Version : For those who did cyber shield quest as a mage.

Azicader
12-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Hello I completed the last cyber set quest and had to settle with a rift kite shield because you didn't have the doll placed in. Am I stuck with this? I am rather annoyed at this because the Cyber kite shield is completely useless for me. my name is Azicader and I have it in my inventory.. I hope not screwed with this.

clvv
12-18-2010, 12:02 AM
I did the quest with my mage and got a wing shield for my bird, and now I gotta/wanna do the quest again with my bear again to get my mage a set :)

Azicader
12-18-2010, 12:05 AM
This will take me forever as I need to start a character from scratch. This glitch is very unfair and I think a reset would help it. The cyber quests were a hell of a grind, If I have to kill the keeper over a hundredtimes again I will die.

Eleanor
12-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh my gosh... Please let me exchange the cyber wing I got for that cyber doll

Azicader
12-18-2010, 12:24 AM
I am sure many mages are going to agree with me.
, that making a new character from 1-50 and killing keeper for 100 totems, 50 shards, 25 prisoners and five prisoners is not worth the time just to fix the developers mistake.(By all means I love this game, I am just frustrated that now you fix it when it is too late to go back..)

Diodge
12-18-2010, 01:07 AM
I agree. We should get to switch it.
I did my quest. I took something to finish it.

I wanted to do the swamp quests. I still had the collect 1o0o things quests. I just took something to open the spot.

tbo... I never thought about holding my quest to see if they would add something. I thought the staff was the reward.

%*% I do want that glowing pimp arm piece. please lol lmao %*%
Im sure they will fix it. They fixed the quest.

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 01:42 AM
I agree you should be able to change it into the doll if you needed it but I just have to ask this...

Why did you bother with the third quest if you didn't need it? It's not like you can sell the item. It would just be sitting in your stash taking up space. And also, since so many people were comaining about the lack of an int cyber shield, didn't you think it might be added in the future? I purposely waited on it to see what would happen.

I know it sucks, and I would be really annoyed if it happened to me, but in the future, don't just grab something bc it's available if you don't need it. This game is always changing, so If something doesn't seem right, chances are it will be fixed at some point.

Jsaieagle
12-18-2010, 01:52 AM
I will add a way for you to get replacement rewards without having to re-do the quests.

- Cinco

No worries guy, Cinco will fix it ;)

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 01:59 AM
No worries guy, Cinco will fix it ;)

There ya go!
I've grabbed the wrong quest items by accident at times (thankfully not this one), so a way to deal with that sounds great, especially for an item that can only be acquired once. Like a 1-time switch, so people don't take advantage of it and switch it around as needed.

Cinco
12-18-2010, 02:16 AM
To be a bit more clear - we'll have a quick fix (likely tomorrow) specifically for the "Shadow Essence" quest, and a more general feature for turning-in / replacing quest rewards in the more distant future.

- Cinco

Eleanor
12-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Yay! Thanks so much for this!

sabermage
12-18-2010, 09:30 AM
You dev guys are great. It's nice when the community is small and you guys are able to make so many people happy and listen to the community and provide results. Great job. Looking forward to trading my rift shield for cyber shield.

Diodge
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Thank You! for the fix.....

Lesrider- In alot of games there is quests with rewards you wont use.
1. How does anyone know you cant sell it after getting it? I would of sold it for 10g.(there worth 0 so I threw it in my bank)
2. How many games release quests with top gear in it? Then they change rewards for the people. This is a first in my gameing year's.
3. Im proud of you holding out. I want to finish all my quests. (I have 1quest left to be finished with them all)
Sorry some of us are new to the game and dont know about them changeing stuff if people complain.

I know I learned something new. If its not fair. come and visit the forums.
peace, love and happy holidays .....

crosacker
12-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree you should be able to change it into the doll if you needed it but I just have to ask this...

Why did you bother with the third quest if you didn't need it? It's not like you can sell the item. It would just be sitting in your stash taking up space. And also, since so many people were comaining about the lack of an int cyber shield, didn't you think it might be added in the future? I purposely waited on it to see what would happen.

I know it sucks, and I would be really annoyed if it happened to me, but in the future, don't just grab something bc it's available if you don't need it. This game is always changing, so If something doesn't seem right, chances are it will be fixed at some point.

I agree, my mage completed the third quest but i didnt turn it in in case they added one later. Why would I accept an item i didnt need? They should not fix something just because ppl are stupid

Pharcyde
12-21-2010, 12:55 AM
To be a bit more clear - we'll have a quick fix (likely tomorrow) specifically for the "Shadow Essence" quest, and a more general feature for turning-in / replacing quest rewards in the more distant future.

- Cinco

Does..... This mean... THE FREE ITEMS ARE A TEMPORARY EXPLOIT! :D Man on man this is the first time I have said I am glad I was a early bird on quests!

Seratonin
12-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Does..... This mean... THE FREE ITEMS ARE A TEMPORARY EXPLOIT! :D Man on man this is the first time I have said I am glad I was a early bird on quests!

Not really an exploit, since they are non-tradeable, and since I didn't have another option when I finished with my mage, I just took the rift shield. Then, I learned they dropped a doll, and so I started leveling a new mage just to get the doll. I got to 47 in 3 days, and just learned today about that new quest. So now I have my doll. And another mage... I'm still taking to 50, just gonna have to farm out another cyber set, this time rift. But thanks for the awesome fix Cinco ;)