PDA

View Full Version : In Development - What's Next for Arcane Legends?

Samhayne
04-21-2014, 05:13 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41740&d=1379522941

Hi everyone,

March was a very busy month for the Arcane Legends Development Team. The launch of the Dragon Enclave expansion and the following Elite Zones were very exciting! Since then we have been hard at work on “the next big thing” for Arcane Legends: a content Event System!

Event System:
Creating new and exciting content for you to play through is always a priority. New level cap increases, like the Dragon Enclave expansion, are a lot of fun for high level players. However, they only offer a lower level player something to look forward to down the road.

The Event System will change new content by allowing any level to take part. The Event System also helps our designers bring out new stories, bosses, quests, items and fun to the game faster and in neat package for you to play!
We have a couple new stories in work to go along with the new Event System, including a romp into the outskirts of Brackenridge to address a new Goblin Threat and new sylvan adventure into the forest realm known as Elondria.

Goblins

Sylvan Adventure

I know the next question on your mind is: when? Look for a new version of the Arcane Legends client in the coming months that will unlock this new Event System. This new client also includes a number of quality of life and bug fixes. Once the new client is live, then we will have details when the new events will start.

Economy and Elixir Kits:
We recently introduced Elixir Kits (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?147665-Tradeable-Elixir-Kits-Now-Available-In-Arcane-Legends) to the game. We are still evaluating the impact of these tradeable Elixirs to the game, but it is clear that they are popular. To better reduce the effect of gold coming from Locked Crates inflating the economy, we are going to be replacing some gold payouts from Locked Crates with unique Elixir Kits. Look for more details in a coming patch.

PvP Capture the Flag:
We also have a change coming soon to CTF PvP to require that your own flag be controlled to capture the enemy flag. We hope to promote more intended team vs. team gameplay with this change.

This Weekend:
In the meantime, we always have something worth logging in for every weekend.

* For April 26/27 we did 2X Story Token Weekend and a Free Respec Weekend
* For May 3/4 Look for the Mythic Pet Ripmaw to return to the stable for a limited time

Zojak
04-22-2014, 01:38 PM
first

Steelbenderr
04-22-2014, 01:44 PM
AWESOME. So Neat! :D

DocDoBig
04-22-2014, 01:52 PM
The town map looks beautifully "all-round" animated, looks like a first try for 3d! :)

Already can't wait hehe.

johnsr
04-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Sounds Awesome Thanks Sam!

Bornof1000Kings
04-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Those screenshots are pretty fantastic.

greekAL
04-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Really awesome!!!!ty sts:-)

Bigboyblue
04-22-2014, 02:09 PM
I love the events idea. Should bring a new twist to this game. I have to commend STS for constantly bringing new content forward. So far you are doing great.

I am curious as to what elixirs would be found in locked crates. Will they be different from the current elixirs available for plat(or CS)? Will all gold amounts be replaced? I think its a good thing that STS is concerned with the economy in AL. Will STS consider adding a gold sink as well? Reducing payouts from locks controls inflation but will not do a thing to counteract the current situation.

Zeus
04-22-2014, 02:20 PM
AWESOME!

Way to fix CTF, Pet Spam, and inflation all in one go!

Giuewek
04-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Wow awesome can't wait!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Xenobiotic
04-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Free respec! Thanks!

Toogy
04-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Events *.*

Sent using Nokia 3310 via Tapatalk

Mortalninja
04-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah :) :banana:

-Mortalninja ;)

Ihateppl
04-22-2014, 02:29 PM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

i think... now i gotta lv cap :P

Zeus
04-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Actually, on second thought, this logic for the CTF Flagging also ruins actual CTF games.

Why?

When the flagger has the flag, the opposite team cannot take a flag. So, it basically cuts out a strategy and forces the opposing team to focus on the flagger.

Joncheese
04-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Sts I love you. Thank you at last.

Joncheese
04-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Actually, on second thought, this logic for the CTF Flagging also ruins actual CTF games.

Why?

When the flagger has the flag, the opposite team cannot take a flag. So, it basically cuts out a strategy and forces the opposing team to focus on the flagger.

I disagree. It means we have to roll in teams to get it. I love the idea.

This follows many mmos and how ctf should work IMO.

Deadroth
04-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Wait, is is Arcane Legends! O>O I can't belive in such progress..

Instanthumor
04-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Event system? Psh!

Free respec weekend? Hell yeah!

Kuragasi
04-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Sweet, exciting changes on the horizon and I like the idea of mini content updates!

epicrrr
04-22-2014, 03:01 PM
If CTF will be totally overhauled and make every room a mandatory team flagging mode then I wish:

CTF Changes be implemented at 41 only since they are dying for a team play style CTF? I am not sure we at low level pvp will enjoy it (flame a toon whatever) We just do PVP, "Guild War" etc. we enjoy the nature of "low level pvp" as it is now we flag at our own pace; we "free" flag, and just leave the room if we dont feel like it. Other teams or should i say guild can defend their flag if they want to win the room (win = make the opposing guild/team leave). We felt like winning a battle when that happens, destroying the low-level pvp (twinking) will result in massive player back-clash, think AL as a sandwhich - new player as the bottom bread and endgame as the top bread which makes us the filler, those players level 5-8 10-12 15-17 21-23 26-28 31-32 38-40 running in arcane pet with expensive vanities toting rare/expensive/best items for their level.

Cmrel
04-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Yes! :) worth the wait :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anniestar
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Sounds great.

Lets hope for som action. :)

Fidalex
04-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Sam, can you please clarify what you mean with "event system"?
Something like halloween or xmas events or something different?
Thanks

Bullox
04-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Sam can you please give us some Infos about Skill changes?

MayaNatsume
04-22-2014, 04:25 PM
thx a lot ^^

Serancha
04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Awesome. However something should really be done about those flag ap's if this ctf thing is implemented. Same goes for pve kills in right of the recent fixes.

This just means the free flaggers etc. will own the lbs for pretty much ever. With the pve kills having been fixed recently the boulder wolf killers will never be caught by future players either. I think these fixes are great, but something will need to be looked at when it comes to fairness to future players. Seasonal lb's make most sense for addressing this.

Ssneakykills
04-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Not used to awesome updates every week and more cool stuff all the time :D love it

Zeus
04-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Awesome. However something should really be done about those flag ap's if this ctf thing is implemented. Same goes for pve kills in right of the recent fixes.

This just means the free flaggers etc. will own the lbs for pretty much ever. With the pve kills having been fixed recently the boulder wolf killers will never be caught by future players either. I think these fixes are great, but something will need to be looked at when it comes to fairness to future players. Seasonal lb's make most sense for addressing this.

I agree, STG always fixes the issues months later in this case and then people who didn't use it are pretty much left with nothing while the cheaters/free flaggers get to thrive after ruining CTF for so long.

Aziiii
04-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I see a green dress there! Wooop!

Madnex
04-22-2014, 06:43 PM

This.

On other news, we're all grateful for the peek Sam. :)

asimauara
04-22-2014, 06:47 PM
My big question is how big will the new client be to update like the paks will it keep building bigger or are you guys gonna be able to size down the first initial download cause its up to 60 paks for us on 3G that can't afford wifi it can take up to 2 hours to install all that its kinda alarming to first time players on bad phones or those with a set data amount before they get capped the pvp fix and event systems sound amazing and the kits are awesome stimulate lock prices a bit with the new client i know you guys at STS/STG are awesome enough to do so can we get the old looking crates back as an aniversary event when it comes up?

Unethical
04-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Awesome!!!!

QistineAL
04-22-2014, 08:43 PM
This will be legend....wait for it..daryyyyy...legendaryyy!ty spacetime studio..cant wait for the big exciting development..xp

falmear
04-22-2014, 08:44 PM

People over estimate this "fix". This will just slow down free flaggers but not by much. This is what will happen. You have one guild who stacks one side. Their flagger joins the opposite side. They kill everyone on the flaggers team but allows their guild's flagger to free flag. Because they will never go after the flag and never kill their own guildie. I already seen this happen so when you implement a weak fix like this, people just change tactics. I am sure there will be other imaginative "solutions". This one is the most obvious.

Helicopter
04-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Ermahgerd. New Events!! If a plat sale came with it I'd die buying plat.

conradev
04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
People over estimate this "fix". This will just slow down free flaggers but not by much. This is what will happen. You have one guild who stacks one side. Their flagger joins the opposite side. They kill everyone on the flaggers team but allows their guild's flagger to free flag. Because they will never go after the flag and never kill their own guildie. I already seen this happen so when you implement a weak fix like this, people just change tactics. I am sure there will be other imaginative "solutions". This one is the most obvious.

I don't see any team of 5 sitting while their guildmate flags to 10k imo.

Frohnatur
04-22-2014, 10:04 PM

This. This. This.

:applause::applause::applause:

Bomchong
04-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Can we have double mythic or arcane weekend instead of double story token:sour:

ThePvpTwink
04-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Woot new stuff coming

Ishtmeet
04-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Wow!

jrkimkyla
04-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Great! But can someone explain what will be the changes in CTF? "Explain it to me like I'm a 5year old"

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

valheeru
04-23-2014, 12:01 AM
in pvp if u give the other players "assist flag" if ur near the flagbearer when he caps it, that will also crete teamplay :-)

Hoardseeker
04-23-2014, 12:03 AM
You mean new Level Cap? :adoration:

elmanco
04-23-2014, 12:32 AM
2015?

uriraran
04-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Any clue for the new mythic items?

Zynzyn
04-23-2014, 12:44 AM
From what I understand, after the ctf changes are implemented, when one team's flagger has the flag, the opponent team cannot take a flag. Correct me if I am wrong. So, the opponent team will focus on stopping that flagger, and yes this will encourage team work on one side. BUT, why will the flagger's entire team make any effort to save him, unless there is a ctf games won/lost as a team record? To encourage teamwork in ctf I think players should be given a ctf games won/lost record on their profile like KDR.

I am looking forward to the new events. This looks pretty exciting. Can we please have a cute Sylvan vanity-cap with elf ears and elven vanity vests? When the new client is released, will Arcane Legends still be playable on google chrome?

bloodpack004
04-23-2014, 12:49 AM
wow new content! O_O

jrkimkyla
04-23-2014, 12:50 AM
From what I understand, after the ctf changes are implemented, when one team's flagger has the flag, the opponent team cannot take a flag. Correct me if I am wrong. So, the opponent team will focus on stopping that flagger, and yes this will encourage team work on one side. BUT, why will the flagger's entire team make any effort to save him, unless there is a ctf games won/lost as a team record? To encourage teamwork in ctf I think players should be given a ctf games won/lost record on their profile like KDR.

I am looking forward to the new events. This looks pretty exciting. Can we please have a cute Sylvan vanity-cap with elf ears and elven vanity vests? When the new client is released, will Arcane Legends still be playable on google chrome?

in pvp if u give the other players "assist flag" if ur near the flagbearer when he caps it, that will also crete teamplay :-)

Thank you! :)

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

radagan
04-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Free respect! Awedome :D

Serancha
04-23-2014, 01:22 AM

I agree. This change might just make the whole spot blocking issue go to extremes, rather than eliminating it.

Capolista
04-23-2014, 01:22 AM
This Weekend:
In the meantime, we always have something worth logging in for every weekend. Next up for April 26/27 is a 2X Story Token Weekend and a Free Respec Weekend!

IMO, 2x story token weekend is not very needed by players

How about changing it into 2x hauntlet token weekend??

Looking for feedback from devs & other players .. Thx

tharidom
04-23-2014, 01:35 AM
So I finnaly wont only get 2k of gold 3 times in locks?

JaytB
04-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Sounds like awesome stuff is coming to Arcane Legends!

Some things I would personally like to see included in those future updates are:

* fix for pet spamming in PvE. People are already abusing pet spamming with the use of macros in both timed runs and regular farming runs. This ruins the fun for the honest players who refuse to resort to these kind of non-intended practices.

* passive damage/armor on stat screen fix. All I'll say about this one is that it's long overdue.

* fix the 'parking techniques' used in PvE. Another fairly clearly non-intended practice to farm elite maps the easy way. I won't share the details here and personally I just think it's an extremely boring way of farming. Still, I'm hoping a fix will be looked in to in a future update.

* last but not least, I'm hoping for a fix/change to how the recently revealed dmg and armor% buffs/debuffs stack.

Kellhus
04-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Omg yes free respec tytytyty. My dreams have come true. Xoxo. Oh yeah, n YEAH to new stuffs!

Ps. Sam can we get king of ring like in DL? PLEASE :-D TY.

Kakashis
04-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Double story token :sour: ain't nobody got time for that! Haha how about a new 1000 story token pet?

Dang looks like 2k x3 is probably considered a good payout unless the special lix are worth a ton of gold over the ones available now. Maybe a 50% luck kit?

I hope the lix kits are here to stay and just wanted to say thanks STS for the continued support of this game! I can't wait for my locker stash slots to be purchasable by story tokens! I'm sure pet abuse and parking will be addressed, but it won't do much for an elite team with 4 Sams. If new mythic items will be introduced as well as event gear, end game loots will decrease in value to the point it won't be profitable to run them anymore. Please either buff or change up some of the elite gear drop to make them better than event gears.

Madnex
04-23-2014, 04:50 AM
* fix for pet spamming in PvE. People are already abusing pet spamming with the use of macros in both timed runs and regular farming runs. This ruins the fun for the honest players who refuse to resort to these kind of non-intended practices.
I'm surprised PvE is highlighted instead of PvP but I agree this is the main fix we're all looking forward to. I hope the new skills system resolves the 5-6 skill-swapping exploit too; we've already went through the unfair advantages on that one.

* passive damage/armor on stat screen fix. All I'll say about this one is that it's long overdue.
* last but not least, I'm hoping for a fix/change to how the recently revealed dmg and armor% buffs/debuffs stack.

Yes on the first but not sure about the second. Taking a look at the bigger picture, what was revealed changed maybe five point placement and everyone will get a chance to respecialize soon. Does it need to be fixed or will it result in a broken PvE environment like PL? I like the current level of difficulty.

* fix the 'parking techniques' used in PvE. Another fairly clearly non-intended practice to farm elite maps the easy way. I won't share the details here and personally I just think it's an extremely boring way of farming. Still, I'm hoping a fix will be looked in to in a future update.

This should be low at the need-to-do list. True, it is an exploit and yeah, like the case of swapping skills it does involve some amount of skill but its impact on the game isn't as severe. So, if they fix skill-swapping then they should go ahead and fix this too - just keep in mind that fixing "parking" would most likely involve changing core game mechanics so unless more people complain I don't think it'll be done.

firechandra
04-23-2014, 05:16 AM
For the ctf change I like it if 1 flag is counted for each person of the team when it's scored. For example A,B,C,D are red team and E,F,G,H are blue team and guildmates. If A takes the flag and B,C,D are random player that don't know A probably they will not be intrested to save him from blue team gang, they will be intrested to save him only if when A scores also B,C and D have a flag added on their profile.
Let me know your opinion thanks

Extreme
04-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Very cool, I'll prolly log in to see that ctf.

User111
04-23-2014, 05:30 AM
STS is awesome!

Uikuha
04-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Finally free respec!! I need them for all of my char!

Sorry my English

scarysmerf
04-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Woa thx sts did it look like a new token vender with that icon above her head pls say new stuff? And the new event level looks cool nice round huts i want to live in a cool house like that.

nazarethnusz
04-23-2014, 06:51 AM
whoop whoop

Candylicks
04-23-2014, 08:04 AM
So I finnaly wont only get 2k of gold 3 times in locks?

No. You will continue to get the 2k payout, but will no longer receive the higher ones. Those will be replaced with elixir kits. Makes no sense to me because the economy isn't inflated from the gold payouts, it's because there's nothing to buy ATM.

Drop hooks from crates, release the new red bow or dags. Throw in the new mythic amulet and ring and leave the big payouts alone. Plenty more people will pop crates and now we have stuff to buy. (:Economy fixed, boom!

Adding in. Swap out the Ethyls for the lix kits or some of the pinks we can't sell anymore.

JaytB
04-23-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm surprised PvE is highlighted instead of PvP but I agree this is the main fix we're all looking forward to. I hope the new skills system resolves the 5-6 skill-swapping exploit too; we've already went through the unfair advantages on that one.

Yes on the first but not sure about the second. Taking a look at the bigger picture, what was revealed changed maybe five point placement and everyone will get a chance to respecialize soon. Does it need to be fixed or will it result in a broken PvE environment like PL? I like the current level of difficulty.

This should be low at the need-to-do list. True, it is an exploit and yeah, like the case of swapping skills it does involve some amount of skill but its impact on the game isn't as severe. So, if they fix skill-swapping then they should go ahead and fix this too - just keep in mind that fixing "parking" would most likely involve changing core game mechanics so unless more people complain I don't think it'll be done.

* I highlighted PvE for 2 reasons...

First one being that the PvP aspect has been covered in a ton of posts already while PvE doesn't nearly get that same kind of attention, even while it's just as big a problem for people who want to be competitive in that area.
Second reason is that I don't PvP, so it wouldn't be very valid for me to comment on that aspect of the game.

As for the skill/weapon swapping, I don't agree, again from a PvE perspective at least. I swap skills/weapons/pets at bosses or on the fly during certain situations, without the abuse of any macro, as do many other people I play with. It's part of the strategy for effective runs. Taking that away, just because it gets abused in PvP wouldn't be fair game the way I see it. I'd be fine with STG disabling skill swapping during PvP if it's such a huge problem, but I sincerely hope they'd leave PvE out of it.

* As for the damage stacks, I totally agree that this should be looked at carefully before implementing any changes.

That said, people spent tons of gold (and plat) on gear for seasons, just to find out that a lot of stats/buffs/debuffs are totally useless in a lot of circumstances.

Another example are the hardcore plat/kit farmers who run on combo's 24/7, many of the stats on pets suddenly seemed to be useless. Why would any plat/kit farmer ever want to buy a +% pet again, if it's just totally negated by you combo elix or kits? The ironic thing is that those are mostly the people with the cash to afford these expensive pets/items in the first place, while for them they are the least useful.

So yeah, I don't want things to become easy either, but I do hope that better system of stacking % buffs/debuffs gets implemented. If not for PvP, at least for PvE.

* the parking of mobs is indeed not something too serious, but it's still an exploit that allows lazy farmers with a lot of time to run elites in way that was clearly not intended (no offense to the people who actually use this). But yeah, if I had to pick one suggestion to drop, it would've been this one.

jimbollido1
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Did I just saw a green ice queen vanity? Or should I say forest queen? :p

Pandamoni
04-23-2014, 09:44 AM
I think taking the higher gold payouts is silly. It's not going yo fix the economy and will make me open less locked crates, thus spending less plat. I typically will have 100k on my toon and then will buy locks to open. I'll stand there opening and buying locks until I run out of gold. Reducing the amount of gold just means people like me will open less locks. Also, for the poor guy, that gold is much needed for things like pots. Not everyone has heaps of gold they're hoarding.

Raregem
04-23-2014, 09:44 AM
No. You will continue to get the 2k payout, but will no longer receive the higher ones. Those will be replaced with elixir kits. Makes no sense to me because the economy isn't inflated from the gold payouts, it's because there's nothing to buy ATM.

Drop hooks from crates, release the new red bow or dags. Throw in the new mythic amulet and ring and leave the big payouts alone. Plenty more people will pop crates and now we have stuff to buy. (:Economy fixed, boom!

Adding in. Swap out the Ethyls for the lix kits or some of the pinks we can't sell anymore.

I agree completely. There is nothing to buy with this new itemized system leaving people just sitting on gold.

As far as pvp goes I like the assist flag idea. 10k flags is hard to get, changing the game this way will double the time it takes to reach this ap. I think all team members who are near the flagger when they score should receive 1 flag as well. This will motivate players to stick to the flagger until the end and if they make it to the goal it's a plus for everyone involved.

Sceazikua
04-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Did I just saw a green ice queen vanity? Or should I say forest queen? :p

notfaded1
04-23-2014, 10:08 AM

For the most part I'm excited about the new changes Sam which is great... Like Candy I'm a little concerned about the gold from crates though. Removing the gold from crates is a bad idea. Already getting pinks that are worth less than the 2k 2k 2k payout is lame.

I also finally looted my first red arcane weapon and what was it... Lvl 26 hooks that are worth less than mythic daggers... this is ridiculous (outright ripoff) Yes I'm a rogue but at least if it was a staff or a maul it would be worth the thousands of crates opened to get first arcane weapon.

Either fix the Rogue Arcane Hooks (through an upgrade quest or something) or get rid of it altogether... huge disappoint getting hooks that won't even sell for what a glacian will sell for now. Considering the rarity (way harder to loot in locked than a red pet which is stupid rare already)

So let me get this straight you're taking the biggest gold payout which is like only 50k away so then what's left...

We spend 15 plat and 13,000 gold to get what... pinks that might sell for as little as 150 gold each o.O

Minus going through tons of crates looking for a Shard or decent redpet, maul, or staff what's left if not some decent gold payout???

Answer will be nothing unless ur interested in hoarding a bunch of snow vanities and holding them for year till their worth something... if anything something more of value should be added to crates as normal payout in gold or something else (if you make the elixirs something better than you can buy normally then maybe this could work?)... nerfing them is a bad idea though because if you don't loot something RED which is already next to impossible... then what is there as a consolation if not at least some of your 13k gold back or hopefully a little extra to make up for all the 2k 2k 2k and terrible pinks you keep getting in the last 10 crates???

Let's not kid our selves...
(The pinks are worth something for the first couple hours they are available and some of the weapons are worth something for a couple weeks spiraling down in value the whole time)

I've opened a lot of crates and I can say... I don't have a lot of gold.

Candylicks
04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Lix kits will be the new Ethyl. Js.

Socrates
04-23-2014, 10:30 AM
sounds good but I hope the slyvan adventure is not too short and I also hope it will have a lot of fighting and why not some brain busters that will make it even more difficult. I also want to mention where are the videoooooooooos from season 1 I remember bael's video and from season 2 madrom's video why StS why you stoped these small videos I was in love with them :(

herculeans
04-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Why are you waiting bring it on cant wait :)

Iliketolol
04-23-2014, 10:58 AM
After opening tons and tons of locks, i agree gold payout is running economy of game am 100% sure... Its good they removed it... Price of items is real crazy, they shoul've made arcane ring recepie cost 1-2m @_@ and somthing like that to sink gold... Seriously as one of frnd said 'If you dont have 100m,you're broke in game'

Too much gold ingame, sink gold before this game becomes like pocket legends...

Magecleff
04-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Exciting!!!!

Bigboyblue
04-23-2014, 11:53 AM
We can't rush to assumptions on what will happen to locks. If these added lixs are superior in someway to what we currently see then it could be a good thing. They need to hold a high value in CS. If they replace the 50k payout they should be worth close to this. This keeps poppers happy and doesn't discourage new players from spending all their gold to buy locks to pop. Instead of generating 50k of new gold it just shifts the existing gold available in the economy around. This keeps inflation lower. Could work but this could go bad as well.

Candylicks
04-23-2014, 12:51 PM
We can't rush to assumptions on what will happen to locks. If these added lixs are superior in someway to what we currently see then it could be a good thing. They need to hold a high value in CS. If they replace the 50k payout they should be worth close to this. This keeps poppers happy and doesn't discourage new players from spending all their gold to buy locks to pop. Instead of generating 50k of new gold it just shifts the existing gold available in the economy around. This keeps inflation lower. Could work but this could go bad as well.

Big you have a good point here. I agree with most of what you say, however whose to say the crate lix will retain value? Has a single item from locked retained value except orange and red? No. They have a short boom when new items are introduced into locked then they fall to nothing.

Bigboyblue
04-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Big you have a good point here. I agree with most of what you say, however whose to say the crate lix will retain value? Has a single item from locked retained value except orange and red? No. They have a short boom when new items are introduced into locked then they fall to nothing.

That is always the problem Candy. It needs to be something that manages to hold value. I'm not sure exactly what would achieve this. Maybe a lix that increases the chance of looting a mythic or arcane from locks. Maybe 7 day luck lix, lix that increases super gem chance, 100% reroll lix. Lock prices may even increase if this is done which would make farming gold easier for new players. 50k payout doesn't happen extremely often. Maybe one in twenty or so. Although I've only opened 40 locks so I don't have that big of a sample for stats lol.

Tendirin
04-23-2014, 01:42 PM
seems great keep updating us

Carapace
04-23-2014, 02:11 PM
The removal of the highest payout of gold from Crates, and the putting in of new elixir kits is not a fix for economy issues, but it is a step in the direction of reducing the large influx of gold in the economy. There are many moving parts involved, and the little pieces are just as relevant as the big ones. As for the value of the elixir, it should be worth something on the CS no doubt, but that's not up to us... ;)

Kakashis
04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
The removal of the highest payout of gold from Crates, and the putting in of new elixir kits is not a fix for economy issues, but it is a step in the direction of reducing the large influx of gold in the economy. There are many moving parts involved, and the little pieces are just as relevant as the big ones. As for the value of the elixir, it should be worth something on the CS no doubt, but that's not up to us... ;)

I think this is a good step. It's crazy how some items are reaching upwards over 100m when farming alone could never allow the typical player to buy even the 20-30m items.

tharidom
04-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Spend 2000 plat still nthn good
-_-"

Bigboyblue
04-23-2014, 03:40 PM

So is this confirmation that the 50k payout will be gone, anything less will remain?

The price of this elixir will depend on how good it is. Please make it something good :adoration:. Let farmers get more for their crates. Might hear less whining that way. Also plat poppers will be happy if the lix is good. It's a win all around. I get the feeling it's going to be a lix revive. I hope I'm not psychic lol. These won't be worth very much.

FluffNStuff
04-23-2014, 04:43 PM

It actually is up to you whether or not the elixir gets ethyl'd (tm) since players do not open crates looking for these items, and sure, the first couple hundred that hit the market might be worth something, but the rest will just, as Billy would say, sit in the back on the discount rack like another can of beans, or perhaps a Snow Vanity, which had a value of:
Opening Day: 500K
End of Opening Weekend: 50K
Today: 5K or a trade for a can of beans.

Point is players are opening crates for A) Something Red, B) Something Yellow, C) Plat / Gold which are 'respins' and they can open MORE crates for MORE chances at Something Red or Something Yellow. Everything else can be hot for a day or two, then just becomes filler that gets in the way. I know when I open crates, if you happen to be standing next to me, you are going to get Ethyl Bombed. Perhaps now someone is going to get Elixir Bombed.

Of course, there is an alternative, but that would be too much work. That would be CHANGING the extra thing in the crates weekly to keep its value and give players a new reason to open them. Perhaps a different elixir type, or differing vanities, constantly discontinuing the previous one. Players do LOVE discontinued items :)

octavos
04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
It actually is up to you whether or not the elixir gets ethyl'd (tm) since players do not open crates looking for these items, and sure, the first couple hundred that hit the market might be worth something, but the rest will just, as Billy would say, sit in the back on the discount rack like another can of beans, or perhaps a Snow Vanity, which had a value of:

Point is players are opening crates for A) Something Red, B) Something Yellow, C) Plat / Gold which are 'respins' and they can open MORE crates for MORE chances at Something Red or Something Yellow. Everything else can be hot for a day or two, then just becomes filler that gets in the way. I know when I open crates, if you happen to be standing next to me, you are going to get Ethyl Bombed. Perhaps now someone is going to get Elixir Bombed.

Of course, there is an alternative, but that would be too much work. That would be CHANGING the extra thing in the crates weekly to keep its value and give players a new reason to open them. Perhaps a different elixir type, or differing vanities, constantly discontinuing the previous one. Players do LOVE discontinued items :)

Still haven't seen why I would open those crates. I don't pvp, I don't do elite, and I don't collect pets...money and plat is nice....but something for us non-hardcore players..."cough" money bomb....I know its been in talks..but just imagine someone blasting a crate and finding a floating arcane egg in-font of you..i would be in shock.

Carapace
04-23-2014, 05:46 PM
So is this confirmation that the 50k payout will be gone, anything less will remain?

The price of this elixir will depend on how good it is. Please make it something good :adoration:. Let farmers get more for their crates. Might hear less whining that way. Also plat poppers will be happy if the lix is good. It's a win all around. I get the feeling it's going to be a lix revive. I hope I'm not psychic lol. These won't be worth very much.

Yes the other gold amounts are still in there for the time being

Fyrce
04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
So rumors I heard:
All gold removed from crates already.
New money currency, flower tokens.

aarrgggggg
04-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Dem locked crates gettin nerfed yo, wont change much

Kellhus
04-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Action please. Whatever they do some are bound to complain so lets just get on with it before everyone becomes completely bored.

Gorecaster
04-23-2014, 07:16 PM
More story tokens! Lol I think we need something new to spend them on. Not sure what to make of the event system. Looks interesting. Free respec is always nice... Ty STS!

otakudesuu
04-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Cooool! :eagerness:
Can't wait.

Energizeric
04-23-2014, 08:26 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread yesterday, but having read Sam's update, I have to say that this entire update has my approval.

I agree that you have to take little steps in fixing the economy. Anything drastic may go too far in the other direction and then we will have new problems created.

As for the CTF update, that is a solution that I never thought of and is a great idea. Now two players cannot keep flagging. You are encouraged to kill the other flagger so that you can flag yourself. I just hope it doesn't result in people taking turns LOL....

Nesox
04-23-2014, 10:51 PM
PvP Capture the Flag:
We also have a change coming soon to CTF PvP to require that your own flag be controlled to capture the enemy flag. We hope to promote more intended team vs. team gameplay with this change.

It has been said many times before, but while there is only one stat (flags) there will is no incentive to play as intended. Until there is incentive to prevent flagging (ex. games won stat or flags returned stat) this is doomed to more failure.

Jig
04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Or... Remove the flag achievement and leave it at 100-1k flags... Maybe not even 1k flags, there will no longer be no more flagging, how is it that hard??!

Energizeric
04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
If they remove the flagging APs for 5k and 10k flags, then the Top Players leaderboard will be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard. They have to add some more achievements. If flags are the only achievements half of the player base has yet to accomplish, then that is all people are going to want to do. Add some other achievements, and maybe so many people won't be flagging.

Sceazikua
04-24-2014, 12:41 AM
If they removed flag aps, how about people who dont care about lb and worked hard for that one ap they were missing just to find that it will be removed?

Elfugo
04-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Arena, Bael/Krunch - when increase to 41lv ?

Jig
04-24-2014, 02:24 AM
Um, make a special title or something for those who have already? Alright fair enough..

Serancha
04-24-2014, 08:20 AM
If they remove the flagging APs for 5k and 10k flags, then the Top Players leaderboard will be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard. They have to add some more achievements. If flags are the only achievements half of the player base has yet to accomplish, then that is all people are going to want to do. Add some other achievements, and maybe so many people won't be flagging.

I'd like to see them changed to something actually fun / interesting / challenging to do. It is a game, not a hampster wheel, after all.

The ap lb already looks like the pve board, and will remain pretty much stagnant now until the lb system is changed. There are no more places people can farm fast and endless kills, and if they do manage to fix the rampant flagging exploitations, the boards will be pretty much cemented except for speed runs.

So yes, a lot of things need adjusting, which means it is a good thing our fabulous devs are moving things in the right direction. Hopefully the ap/lb issues are not at the bottom of that great "to do" list. People need something to work for, and It is pretty clear the staggered gear thing is not doing it.

Xeusx
04-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Thx STS! This is the real Arcane Legends to be!

Madxnoob
04-24-2014, 10:21 AM

YEAH, I want a Deathmonger achievement for 10k deaths in CTF .XD

Nawmsayin
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
I can see people cooperating in Ctf to get flags. I think free flagging will still exist as much as it already does. So many people are chasing the AP why would this change stop them now? The only difference now is that it will take even more time.

Titanium
04-24-2014, 11:12 AM
For the most part I'm excited about the new changes Sam which is great... Like Candy I'm a little concerned about the gold from crates though. Removing the gold from crates is a bad idea. Already getting pinks that are worth less than the 2k 2k 2k payout is lame.

I also finally looted my first red arcane weapon and what was it... Lvl 26 hooks that are worth less than mythic daggers... this is ridiculous (outright ripoff) Yes I'm a rogue but at least if it was a staff or a maul it would be worth the thousands of crates opened to get first arcane weapon.

Either fix the Rogue Arcane Hooks (through an upgrade quest or something) or get rid of it altogether... huge disappoint getting hooks that won't even sell for what a glacian will sell for now. Considering the rarity (way harder to loot in locked than a red pet which is stupid rare already)

So let me get this straight you're taking the biggest gold payout which is like only 50k away so then what's left...

We spend 15 plat and 13,000 gold to get what... pinks that might sell for as little as 150 gold each o.O

Minus going through tons of crates looking for a Shard or decent redpet, maul, or staff what's left if not some decent gold payout???

Answer will be nothing unless ur interested in hoarding a bunch of snow vanities and holding them for year till their worth something... if anything something more of value should be added to crates as normal payout in gold or something else (if you make the elixirs something better than you can buy normally then maybe this could work?)... nerfing them is a bad idea though because if you don't loot something RED which is already next to impossible... then what is there as a consolation if not at least some of your 13k gold back or hopefully a little extra to make up for all the 2k 2k 2k and terrible pinks you keep getting in the last 10 crates???

Let's not kid our selves...
(The pinks are worth something for the first couple hours they are available and some of the weapons are worth something for a couple weeks spiraling down in value the whole time)

I've opened a lot of crates and I can say... I don't have a lot of gold.

Hooks are only used for twinks at lv 26-31. I think they should no longer drop or even better to be upgraded to a higher lvl.

notfaded1
04-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Taking one of the ONLY remain consolation prizes (50K) out of locked is a bad idea. The real fix is adding new items weekly or bi-weekly in locked (that will have some value) and instead this is another nerf to plat buyers recently... (lix for gold and now taking gold away from people that open locked). Unless you hit the 50k with prices the way they are today it not only costs you plat to open but also gold.

Less and less reasons to even spend plat on opening locked crates. Now better spent on revives since you can buy lix now with gold. Well my playing will be getting a lot cheaper I guess... Nerfing the people that pay your salary doesn't seem like a bright idea to me... idk. I wouldn't feel this way if there was something to replace the nerfs but there isn't. If there were new pinks bi-weekly that did different things this might be ok but that takes work... much easier to just take stuff away from people that pay I guess.

After all where do people think most (not all but lets be real) of the orange and red items came from...js.

The 30% damage elixir is a step in the right direction.

tharidom
04-24-2014, 12:36 PM
...stop flagging??? Its called capture the flag!

Serancha
04-24-2014, 12:38 PM
...stop flagging??? Its called capture the flag!

Missing the point entirely.

uunknownn
04-26-2014, 01:04 AM
thanks for the event..this will allow low levels to enjoy the game not kust to focus in leveling to endcap.:)

Waocaseki Go !
04-28-2014, 03:27 PM
, We do not need or do not want to turn some silly events omg why is it good again?! We need new weapons and arcane if not then at least arcane [mythic weapons to level 41 also need to upgrade mythic Aset or send it straight to the scrap? each to Mythic and arcane things shoved a lot of money .. to open locked chests on the things people put all their Goldy and now find it useless when ordinary legendary weapon that is worth 500k better than mytthic for 16 million. I think I'm Sam wants new mythic / arcane stuff on level 41 also mythic pendants are outdated at lvl31 .. I ask support to let komentu express and let them communicate such plans to continue the mythic things that are now, or send them directly to scrap mozme ? or sell for a pittance? or will be improved as it will therefore be of those mythic and arcane things come even some new? and if so when?

Waocaseki...

Ps: sorry for my english :)) :D

Ty for fast answers

Nitexx
04-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Agreed, Gold sink need. But the solution is NOT items in weapons, armor, etc. All that will do is shift the money around. What are needed are better gold purchasable consumables, this will actually remove gold from the system.

Even now, with people paying 100m for arcane rings only served to move that money to another player. There needs to be a way for gold to leave, and right now I don't think there is an effective sink.

What can you spend gold on? Pots? They are dirt cheap. Pets? 1k gold to keep them happy? That's nothing, and farmers don't even pay that as they rotate pets. Anything going through CS only results in a small fraction of the transaction leaving the system, and those that merch and sell directly to players circumvents that too.

Where is the gold? Is the coffers of a limited number of rich players, hence, you can't have something purchasable for small amounts as it won't remove enough gold. You need something valuable that will cost upwards of 1m or so that will give a player something that will be consumable and/ or breakable, and will thus leave the system. What that is, I have no idea.

ShannKey
04-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Awesome Stuff, can't wait for all the new content. I'm fairly new and can't wait to add Ripmaw as my new mythic pet. All I need is Slag and Grimm to complete my mythic pet set. I wish they would sell an Arcane pet for one day only in store. I wouldn't mind paying 500 plat for arcane pet lol. That last part will never happen but I can dream lol. I have bad luck with locked crates

Gensin
04-29-2014, 01:26 AM
Finally! Thanks.

Xeusx
04-29-2014, 01:52 AM
, We do not need or do not want to turn some silly events omg why is it good again?! We need new weapons and arcane if not then at least arcane [mythic weapons to level 41 also need to upgrade mythic Aset or send it straight to the scrap? each to Mythic and arcane things shoved a lot of money .. to open locked chests on the things people put all their Goldy and now find it useless when ordinary legendary weapon that is worth 500k better than mytthic for 16 million. I think I'm Sam wants new mythic / arcane stuff on level 41 also mythic pendants are outdated at lvl31 .. I ask support to let komentu express and let them communicate such plans to continue the mythic things that are now, or send them directly to scrap mozme ? or sell for a pittance? or will be improved as it will therefore be of those mythic and arcane things come even some new? and if so when?

Waocaseki...

Ps: sorry for my english :)) :D

Ty for fast answers
Silly events? No one complain like u complain..
I want to tell u
If mythic or arcane lvl 41 come, and u open locked chest with so excited, and got junk items? Really, do u ever feel like that?

Bigboyblue
04-29-2014, 06:41 AM
The events are a great idea. Who complains about new content? Makes me lol. STS is doing a tip top job delivering content at a fast pace. Keeps people entertained.

The damage elixir in the locks needs to be upgraded to something else. Never good to downgrade your money producer. Then again only STS knows if this has had an effect on how many were opened. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I think it is. It's definitely a downgrade though.

-no
04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Awesome, glad to see new events coming soon. Always fun to play these mini-expansions

Candylicks
04-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Not complaining about the new client. Just the outdated loot inside locked. Come on sts flip us some new orange and red. You guys keep taking these baby steps, time to jump in with both feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kellhus
04-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Zzz ripmaw really? Want to make money sts? Include some more pets to stable. Or are we saving these for their own weekends while we patiently wait something new?

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk

VenomsChaos
04-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Seems Funy, Thx StS...

1= flag = maybe clear all the flag points and giwe to old flaggers a good banner... new players cant catch that 10 k flag easy as old players... also there a leaderboard hmmm.. idk idea can be change but should do samething for it... and i liked the new flag system finaly Ctf will be funny but 10 k flag seems scary now...

NOT: personaly i dont care Kdr, and i think no 1 does care... because kdr not showeing player skill, its mostly shoveing who waste so long time for the kill afk players... i dont care so much about ctf pvp kdr on my char, also dont care pvp AP to, its wasnt funy to collect flag without challenge... at point i liked new ctf idea...

2= gold sink = what about breezage egg or only plat buyable pets +++ can be loot on a new chest.. chest can be drop in arena and can be opened 10-15 k... and maybe put in that chest a new pet to...

--- also sell in shop 1-2 new legendary / mythic / arcane pets with gold <<< its should a limited time and pets untradedable and that arcane pets shouldnt strong as best pet in game because ppls need to open crates for the best items.. but not so weak to...

for example mythic pet 1 mil, arcane egg 4 mil... its will take so much gold in game and its can repeatable every time when there a gold silk need ( should repeatable every 3-5 month for the giwe buy chance to new players and prize can be change about game economy )

--- new mythic ring / armor / amulat weapon / helmet can be craft with 1 mil gold + hard quests...

--- sell plat buyable pets for gold for a weekend... example not seeing a slag seller, it was 250 plat right ? so sell it for 2 mil untradedable.. also can be abaddon to, or that pets we need for achievements and pets only buyable with plat... that ideas bad for community i know because selling that pets for the plat, but i think its will be good for players if only sell for limited time and untradedable...

--- hmm going to add idea, ton of idea in my mind but my post going to soo long :) so enought hehehe

And maybe a new map enter ticket can be buyable with plat or gold...

Bomchong
04-30-2014, 12:02 AM
hey sts it is obvious you are trying to make money from ripmaw but would it be a better idea to add some mythic and red and you can make money from lock instead! at least we hv a stimulation to gamble again in lock

Xeusx
04-30-2014, 12:38 AM
hey sts it is obvious you are trying to make money from ripmaw but would it be a better idea to add some mythic and red and you can make money from lock instead! at least we hv a stimulation to gamble again in lock
Wth? U said red? Arcane added in every expansion only..

Daddyblu
04-30-2014, 01:04 AM
Any new amulets?

Doom , fang , and lunar is getting old.

Crowsfoot
04-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Any new amulets?

Doom , fang , and lunar is getting old.
Kind of sad that they have lasted so many seasons.

Kellhus
04-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Can we just have a pet flash back weekend? Don't much care ripmaw but how bout hammer jaw, grim, slag? Wink wink, you'd make more money with more options.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Clerious
05-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Nice and awesome

Jig
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Can we just have a pet flash back weekend? Don't much care ripmaw but how bout hammer jaw, grim, slag? Wink wink, you'd make more money with more options.

Lol, yet people say StS are greedy and want just money, and they're still releasing 1-2 pets this weekend? Hmm

woeh
05-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Ya juiced enuff out of ripmaw, so what's next: D

galbort
05-03-2014, 08:12 AM
COOL

Kellhus
05-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Lol, yet people say StS are greedy and want just money, and they're still releasing 1-2 pets this weekend? Hmm

What are you trying to say?

famousfame
05-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Rinse rinse

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Kellhus
05-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Troll.
Leave productive comments.

razerfingers
05-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Troll.
Leave productive comments.

Bait. Don't leave food for the trolls.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Prahasit Prahi
05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Sam,

Time to update this post last part.

~Prahi

notfaded1
05-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Thank you Sam, everyone for taking the Hooks outa locked. I really appreciate that you DO listen. You have helped me keep the faith!!!

Candylicks
05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you Sam, everyone for taking the Hooks outa locked. I really appreciate that you DO listen. You have helped me keep the faith!!!

Apple licker.

Doobiez
05-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Nice something to look forward to 😬

Jig
05-05-2014, 10:32 PM
What are you trying to say?

I don't know why I said 1-2 pets, I meant, people always say StS's are so greedy for money. But yet they only allow 1 pet on one weekend for a limited time.

But then again, maybe they make more money by releasing one pet each weekend... Wtf was I thinking O_o

Prahasit Prahi
05-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Sam,
Update please

~Prahi

Samhayne
05-06-2014, 04:39 PM
We will have more to talk about in the Hangout on Thursday the 8th.

Hangout details at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?152805-Face-Time-with-Spacetime-8-bit-Salute-Edition-Official-Q-amp-A-Thread

sazib
05-06-2014, 05:09 PM

Hangout details at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?152805-Face-Time-with-Spacetime-8-bit-Salute-Edition-Official-Q-amp-A-Thread

Will be waiting for it :)

sent from HELL using tapatalk

Prahasit Prahi
05-07-2014, 12:48 AM

For this,I'm waking up at early morning 4:30.

Jig
05-07-2014, 02:26 AM
For this,I'm waking up at early morning 4:30.

Lol, you would do that just to watch that, I would not stay awake, I'm sure they can re post the video again so yeah, I rather my sleep in's xD

Prahasit Prahi
05-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Lol, you would do that just to watch that, I would not stay awake, I'm sure they can re post the video again so yeah, I rather my sleep in's xD

Yea I know they re post the video.....they have been doing since the last two times......but as it's holiday time for me gotta watch live this time.......there is a lot of difference watching live and recording.

Jig
05-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Yea I know they re post the video.....they have been doing since the last two times......but as it's holiday time for me gotta watch live this time.......there is a lot of difference watching live and recording.

Ah ok, didn't know it was holidays for you, just got off mine. :( Is there a difference between recorded and live? I mean, yes I know der live is live.. But I mean when it's recorded you can watch at it any time.

I'm not saying anything bad about watching it live buddy. :)

Prahasit Prahi
05-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Ah ok, didn't know it was holidays for you, just got off mine. :( Is there a difference between recorded and live? I mean, yes I know der live is live.. But I mean when it's recorded you can watch at it any time.

I'm not saying anything bad about watching it live buddy. :)

Chill buddy...

There is no difference between live and recorded....but it's like like I mean....how do you feel like watching any football or cricket match live and recorded...it's different right? I mean in this sense.

Just it's something interesting...lol

~Prahi

Jig
05-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Chill buddy...

There is no difference between live and recorded....but it's like like I mean....how do you feel like watching any football or cricket match live and recorded...it's different right? I mean in this sense.

Just it's something interesting...lol

~Prahi

I am chill? What have I said that doesn't sound chilled. O_o

Well, yeah I love watching football live! But uhm, not 4am in the morning mate! Haha but yeah I know watching live is just.. Yeah you know :)

Prahasit Prahi
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I am chill? What have I said that doesn't sound chilled. O_o

Well, yeah I love watching football live! But uhm, not 4am in the morning mate! Haha but yeah I know watching live is just.. Yeah you know :)

I'm just trying to say cool.

~Prahi

Toogy
05-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Drama

Sent from my GT-S6310N using Tapatalk

Jig
05-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Drama

Action

Raymond05
05-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Action

Hmm.. Comedy.

Toogy
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Hmm.. Comedy.

Horror

Jig
05-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Ok what is this

Kellhus
05-18-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't know why I said 1-2 pets, I meant, people always say StS's are so greedy for money. But yet they only allow 1 pet on one weekend for a limited time.

But then again, maybe they make more money by releasing one pet each weekend... Wtf was I thinking O_o

Lol. Idk mate.

Leonut
05-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Agreed, Gold sink need. But the solution is NOT items in weapons, armor, etc. All that will do is shift the money around. What are needed are better gold purchasable consumables, this will actually remove gold from the system.

Even now, with people paying 100m for arcane rings only served to move that money to another player. There needs to be a way for gold to leave, and right now I don't think there is an effective sink.

What can you spend gold on? Pots? They are dirt cheap. Pets? 1k gold to keep them happy? That's nothing, and farmers don't even pay that as they rotate pets. Anything going through CS only results in a small fraction of the transaction leaving the system, and those that merch and sell directly to players circumvents that too.

Where is the gold? Is the coffers of a limited number of rich players, hence, you can't have something purchasable for small amounts as it won't remove enough gold. You need something valuable that will cost upwards of 1m or so that will give a player something that will be consumable and/ or breakable, and will thus leave the system. What that is, I have no idea.

The ultimate solution for a gold sink is to remove the option to purchase gold with plat entirely. And to solve the removal of this suggested gold sink, make items obtained from mobs (aka crap loots such as smelly armor / smelly blade, etc sell more to the npc). This would encourage the masses who don't buy plat, and balance the economy.

Jack O Reaper
05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Horror

Love story?

Toogy
05-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Love story?

Maybe idk

dantus
05-22-2014, 01:21 PM
The ultimate solution for a gold sink is to remove the option to purchase gold with plat entirely. And to solve the removal of this suggested gold sink, make items obtained from mobs (aka crap loots such as smelly armor / smelly blade, etc sell more to the npc). This would encourage the masses who don't buy plat, and balance the economy.

This is unlikely anything that discourages plat purchasing is highly unlikely

tharidom
05-25-2014, 03:12 PM
And for the event system only new content will be for all lvls right? Cause otherways my tarlok potency armor and helm for rogue lvl 10 is worthless at once.