PDA

View Full Version : Can't purchase in-game content.

Soulblitz
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
My brother is trying to download the in-app dungeons, but he gets an error when he tries to download. It gets to the point where it says "Buy" for £1.19, but on the next screen it pops up and says:

"You cannot purchase this. You must purchase the app that this item is for before you can purchase the item."

Any ideas? He has tried this three times and gets the same error every time. At this point he is just hoping it hasn't charged him for content three times when he hasn't received any of it.

Reaper
04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
They wouldn't have.
1) Delete the application (Nothing will be lost, everything is saved on your account :D)
2) Restart your device
3) Download the application on an account that can make purchases (this may sound obvious, but some people don't :p)
4) Try again
5) Enjoy the new campaigns!

Hooblaim
04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
My brother is trying to download the in-app dungeons, but he gets an error when he tries to download. It gets to the point where it says "Buy" for £1.19, but on the next screen it pops up and says:

"You cannot purchase this. You must purchase the app that this item is for before you can purchase the item."

Any ideas? He has tried this three times and gets the same error every time. At this point he is just hoping it hasn't charged him for content three times when he hasn't received any of it.

It might be itunes hasn't approve this yet, what is he trying to purchase, I also know the euro store is different from the US store, so please tell us which dungeon he was trying to purchase.

Also try Reapers method too.

Reaper
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I believe that when something is approved in one country, it is approved in all :/
Anyway, nice hint there :)

Soulblitz
04-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Having woken up this morning, purchasing the in-app content works fine. Thanks anyway guys :)