PDA

View Full Version : World Map?

Gouki
05-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I have spent some time reading threads yesterday and while this topic was addressed over and over it was never spelled out by the Dev team. Is there going to be a world map in the future and what does this mean. While it is stated on future development as an upcoming feature it is never really explained the direction that they are going with this. As is the game is awesome (more that could be expected for an apple app). One thing that has always bugged me is the game as is feels a little disjunct. Click moving from one level to the next is great but how much greater if everything lived within some sort of world and you could travel to the "Swamp area" etc with warps or mounts.. whatever. Please Dev team explain what your intentions are with this aspect of the game. Thanks

flaimdude
05-07-2010, 05:47 PM
That's a good point. I mean, it's been announced that a world map is gonna be released eventually, but what will that look like? And are PL's servers hardy enough to handle 100+ people on the same world map? :)

Hai5
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
That's a good point. I mean, it's been announced that a world map is gonna be released eventually, but what will that look like? And are PL's servers hardy enough to handle 100+ people on the same world map? :)

Using instanced battle fields, instanced dungeons after leaving the town. But town can contain more than 100 people. Like guild war

Biggest
05-10-2010, 05:25 AM
World Map could mean a literal map, organizing the various towns, forests, swamps etc...into an overhead view

OR

It could mean a persistent virtual space...They ARE adding quests, which could tie in to the free roaming space...

Gouki
05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Exactly, DEV team please address we are dying to find out.

Dizko
05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
It would not even need to be all on the one map. It could be made to look like it with quick loading into the next area when you step over a boundry, enter a cave, etc. Perhaps transporting parties to their own 'instanced' maps.

Gouki
05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes that would work perfect and keep down the lag.

asommers
05-11-2010, 07:19 PM
On the main page, Enter Towne will take you to a screen showing a hand-drawn map with iconic points of interest (each of the campaigns). You will also have access to this map from within the game. This will allow you to transport to any towne for any of the campaigns.

-ALS

Rebel
05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Well that clears things up! Thanks for answering our question :)

Gouki
05-13-2010, 09:37 AM
That will be a nice addition to the game. From a different perspective has it been considered by the DEV team to create a larger world map that could house the specific campaigns? I understand you have no interest in recreating WOW or UO but there is something really nice about open regions of wilderness. It not only gives a sense of orientation but feels more organic like you are "Entering into another world" for the moments you login. It also opens up the game to a different type of skill building play if you ever choose to go down that rabbit hole. I guess my question is has this even been considered or is it wrong for the pocket platform we play on? Thoughts anyone?