04-22-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking of buying the following pets:
Clyde
Slag
Malison
Orion
Ethyl
Colton

Are these good pets for mages? I am going to hybrid PvE and PvP, so I hope I will be able to switch off between these pets.

Bigboyblue
04-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Yes, those pets are good. I don't have slag but will when he comes back. I never use malison usually. Descent pet but I prefer clyde, orion, and colton as my main three. Will get crawly once I have enough tokens.

Reunegade
04-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Ok, I got Clyde, Orion and Ethyl. I'm thinking of also getting Vixen, is he good?

Bigboyblue
04-24-2014, 08:17 AM
No, don't buy Vixen to use. I have never used Vixen. Just bought for pet ap. Not a good pet for any class lol.

Serancha
04-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Vixen is a specialized pet. He has some uses in some situations, but not a lot.

Ps: everyone needs an ethyl. Love that frog

Bigboyblue
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM

Listen to her :smile:

Neutrone
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
In my opinion if ethyl is the best pet against mobs omg I love it! Been very useful and slags a good pvp pet the rest on your list are also nice :)

grumpy
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Ive been using orion, slag and clyde a lot, since all 3 cause panic and I am a huge fan of mobs being stunned and not hitting me.

I rarely use malison anymore, good all-rounder but not really best for specific situations

I never use colton because his AA is impractical due to small range and he'll cost you HP vs other pets with +STR

Ethyl is great for his large AoE slow which comes in handy both in PVE and PVP however I have little experience using him since I tend to go to my panic pets most of the time. But this is just my preference.

Sky_is_epicgearz
04-29-2014, 06:47 AM
my personal favourites are:
clyde-looks nice one your stats/decent stun/enough str/permanaent crit bonus
ethyl-one of the most under rated pets. the slowing effect is great in confined spaces such as tombs/mines.
malison-allrounded pet, i most commonly use in elite under the situation that i need to run to the boss. malison provided the highest hp + the dodge buff can sometimes save you from those pesky one shots while running.
orion-great in both pvp/pve. if this had a crit bonus i would gladly go anywhere with this bad boy.in my expereince his stun is more effective in pvp than clyde+ he grants armour debuff for enemy and dmg buff.

Alhuntrazeck
04-29-2014, 10:15 PM
I like Malison, best defensive pet IMO. And for a squishy mage defense is what you'll need (assuming you're non-mythic)

UndeadJudge
04-30-2014, 02:08 PM
But doesn't Orion give the same health as malison? And also 2% DR which makes you even tankier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neutrone
05-02-2014, 12:51 PM
But doesn't Orion give the same health as malison? And also 2% DR which makes you even tankier.

Orion gives less health than Mali

UndeadJudge
05-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Orion gives less health than Mali

Huh. 20 str + 100 health + 10 int = 330 health right? Mali is 20 str + 20 int + 20 dex = 320 health.. Unless I did something wrong..

Neutrone
05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Huh. 20 str + 100 health + 10 int = 330 health right? Mali is 20 str + 20 int + 20 dex = 320 health.. Unless I did something wrong..

Lol Mathmatically it feels right but I compared the two pets on my twink. Mali gave my Mage 1753 health and Orion less than that (So I just use colton)

Primeblades
05-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Vixen is awesome in pvp, vs rogues when they go for their meds hit his aa and they go flying somewhere els. Also if you like stealing flags sometimes a noob tank will stand on the flag so you can't pick it up, guess what? Use vixen's aa and that warrior will go away for a bit. Also when you try to kill some players after they spawn and they still have their shield... Use vixen's aa just right and they will fly outside where their shield will dissipate :) vixen is a fun pet also if you just want to disrupt players and have them flying in different directions. Have fun!

Neutrone
05-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Vixen is awesome in pvp, vs rogues when they go for their meds hit his aa and they go flying somewhere els. Also if you like stealing flags sometimes a noob tank will stand on the flag so you can't pick it up, guess what? Use vixen's aa and that warrior will go away for a bit. Also when you try to kill some players after they spawn and they still have their shield... Use vixen's aa just right and they will fly outside where their shield will dissipate :) vixen is a fun pet also if you just want to disrupt players and have them flying in different directions. Have fun!

I didnt know vixen was that good I was told by most images that it sucks

Alhuntrazeck
05-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Ethyl is also a good underrated pet. It is, in fact, part of my build while fighting rogues! (Well, one of them anyway.)

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Yup, Agreeed! Ethyl is a nice pet, slowing flagger in PvP and good for PvE

Morholt
05-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Huh. 20 str + 100 health + 10 int = 330 health right? Mali is 20 str + 20 int + 20 dex = 320 health.. Unless I did something wrong.
Orion is 20 int, 10 str, +160 life. 60+100+160=320
Mali is +20 all. 200+100+60=360

Orion has the 2% damage reduce, though. With Orion, most mages with arcane staff or ring will hit around 3-3.5k life. With 1 hits being a concern to mages, at full health, 2% reduction will reduce 60-70 damage.

Mages are naturally low in dodge, so you may like the dodging more when running through mobs.

Edit: oh...you forgot Ribbit for the list! Beastly in pve with clock. Ditch Colton and get Ribbit. Colton is way overrated and just a death trap.

Ihateppl
05-05-2014, 02:25 PM
I have a lv 40 slag. It is the best mythic pet you can get, burns rogue silly, and lights mobs up with ease.

UndeadJudge
05-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Orion is 20 int, 10 str, +160 life. 60+100+160=320
Mali is +20 all. 200+100+60=360

Orion has the 2% damage reduce, though. With Orion, most mages with arcane staff or ring will hit around 3-3.5k life. With 1 hits being a concern to mages, at full health, 2% reduction will reduce 60-70 damage.

Mages are naturally low in dodge, so you may like the dodging more when running through mobs.

Edit: oh...you forgot Ribbit for the list! Beastly in pve with clock. Ditch Colton and get Ribbit. Colton is way overrated and just a death trap.

Int gives 5hp? Wow no wonder..

Morholt
05-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Int gives 5hp? Wow no wonder..

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkInt only gives 3; dex gives 5. Str, of course, is 10.

UndeadJudge
05-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Int only gives 3; dex gives 5. Str, of course, is 10.

Oh xD I see now, thx

Primeblades
05-28-2014, 10:59 AM
I didnt know vixen was that good I was told by most images that it sucks

Well his stats are terrible but his aa is pretty awesome in pvp. He is special in some cases, not supposed to be used for killing or tanking, but his aa is very useful if used right.