PDA

View Full Version : Adding ur other characters to ur main account

Ninjafish
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi, my name is Ninjafish and i think u guys should recomend this!!! So i have 2 different accounts and we should be able to use a extra character slot to move our character from the different account to the main one. This would benefit a lot of ppl and also save time. So u can have all ur charaters on one account. Thank you

Serancha
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Ahhh but you always had that option. Making other accounts for new characters was a means of evading the "purchase a new character slot" tax. Now that it's free, you suddenly want them on the same account? That just seems wrong, especially for players who paid for the privilege of a shared stash etc.

I don't mind that it can be bought with story tokens now, but personally feel that if you (general "you" not the op specifically) were too cheap to buy it when you made an alt before, you probably should not have the privilege on that alt now.

Instanthumor
04-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Ahhh but you always had that option. Making other accounts for new characters was a means of evading the "purchase a new character slot" tax. Now that it's free, you suddenly want them on the same account? That just seems wrong, especially for players who paid for the privilege of a shared stash etc.

I don't mind that it can be bought with story tokens now, but personally feel that if you (general "you" not the op specifically) were too cheap to buy it when you made an alt before, you probably should not have the privilege on that alt now.

Some people (like myself) didn't even know there was an option to purchase a character slot, so you shouldn't just call people cheap. I think it should be ok for people to pay a certain amount of Platinum to merge their accounts, but that's not going to happen because STS thinks it might lead to more scamming problems. It's not hard to survive without a shared stash though. I ask friends on occasions to transfer gold or items to my other account.

Serancha
04-23-2014, 01:30 AM
I was not saying everyone. However, the majority of people that I have encountered who made alts this way did it because they:

a) wanted to get an extra first time plat purchase deal
and/or
b) didn't want to pay the plat for a new character slot

Orageunas
04-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Sts did this earlier but not anymore.

Vixenne
04-23-2014, 03:59 AM
At first I wanted this too, but then I realized if my friend wants to play my other toon, he can play with it and we could play together anytime we want :)

Hoardseeker
04-23-2014, 04:50 AM
You mean to tell me to take the hacked char into hacker's account?

herculeans
04-23-2014, 05:49 AM
lolz :)

Conquered
04-23-2014, 06:09 AM

Good Point.

Ninjafish
04-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Guys this is what i mean. So say u have an account on a email and its only one chara. And i have another email with 4 charas. I want to use a character slot one the second email thats already purchesed to move it to my main account. Thats what i meant.

FluffNStuff
04-23-2014, 08:15 PM

Wow! Was thinking other things but this right here is a HUGE reason not to allow this! If all you need is an email/password to absorb an account then this would truly turn into a customer service nightmare.

Schnitzel
04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
yea..i dont think STS does account merges anymore...

I mean what if a scammer takes someone's account and requests to have that acc merged with the scammer's account? that wouldn't be good...

I suggest just have these accounts, dont merge.

Ninjafish
04-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Wow ok more work