PDA

View Full Version : Help

Xenobiotic
04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
I know wrong section but no one really checks Pet section.

Should I get Shadowlurk, Scorch, Haze, or Talon?

Shadowlurk-4

Scorch-1

Haze- ELIMINATED

Talon-3

None-1

Please help guys!

P.S. This is in an endgame rogues perspective.

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Talon.

Alhuntrazeck
04-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Serillia is pro with Shadowlurk, if u use it right its great - other than that I'd say Talon, though its a bit pricey (1m+)

Ishtmeet
04-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Talon bro :)

Candylicks
04-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Talon

Tendirin
04-25-2014, 08:30 PM
scorch

Zeus
04-25-2014, 08:30 PM
If you're pvping, definitely not talon.

Go with Shadowlurk.

Want to know a great underrated PvP pet? Horton.

lowratehitman
04-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Go with Shadowlurk.

Shadow lurk? I have on my twink I didn't like it

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Gensin
04-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Shadowlurk is best than Talon if you know how to use it.

Anarchist
04-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Not with that useless AA.

Xbadboyx
04-26-2014, 04:28 AM
definitely deary , u guys abandoned him after he helped u at low levels , what a shame !

Alhuntrazeck
04-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Xtrollboyx^

Xenobiotic
04-26-2014, 07:15 AM
So Shadowlurk, Talon, or Scorch?

Xeusx
04-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Shadowlurk

Hectororius
04-26-2014, 08:14 AM
lots of us check the Pet section actually...

If haze is eliminated cuz he's plat exclusive, then fine, otherwise he's probably the best overall pet for any class. otherwise shadowlurk would probably be better than talon as an overall pet.

If you're spending gold, i would almost consider getting Grimm over Talon.

Xenobiotic
04-26-2014, 10:32 AM
lots of us check the Pet section actually...

If haze is eliminated cuz he's plat exclusive, then fine, otherwise he's probably the best overall pet for any class. otherwise shadowlurk would probably be better than talon as an overall pet.

If you're spending gold, i would almost consider getting Grimm over Talon.
Pff I'd choose Grimm over any of these pets anytime.

Hunterthunde
04-26-2014, 11:02 AM
definitely deary , u guys abandoned him after he helped u at low levels , what a shame !

Lol

Zeus
04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
If you get scorch, you can get a 17 crit boost.

To get a feel of what scorch is like, use a pet like Horton.

On the proper skill build, you can get godly stats with not so godly gear.

For example, if you grab scorch, you can manipulate your skill build to this:

• 5/5 Damage, 5/5 Crit, 5/5 Int, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Str
• 3/5 SP (First two upgrades. Since you're not geared, the random armor reduction from SP can help KO well geared opponents)
• 2/5 Nox (Last upgrade only. You sacrifice here to get 5/5 damage which will let all of your skills hit harder, not just one.)
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 5/5 Packs

Try that build with Horton and you should get a rough idea of how scorch is.

Ellysius
04-26-2014, 12:11 PM

Go with Shadowlurk.

You serious? xD

Zeus
04-26-2014, 12:13 PM
You serious? xD

I love Horton, it gives me the crit of Samael without missing too much of Samael's damage (especially with the arcane ability). Then again, that's just me.

These days I find that crit > damage.

Madnex
04-26-2014, 12:38 PM
If you get scorch, you can get a 17 crit boost.

To get a feel of what scorch is like, use a pet like Horton.

On the proper skill build, you can get godly stats with not so godly gear.

For example, if you grab scorch, you can manipulate your skill build to this:

• 5/5 Damage, 5/5 Crit, 5/5 Int, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Str
• 3/5 SP (First two upgrades. Since you're not geared, the random armor reduction from SP can help KO well geared opponents)
• 2/5 Nox (Last upgrade only. You sacrifice here to get 5/5 damage which will let all of your skills hit harder, not just one.)
• 5/5 Aimed Shot
• 5/5 Packs

Try that build with Horton and you should get a rough idea of how scorch is.
I don't fancy bursting bubbles but in PvP (which is what the nub OP actually cares about) the 5% damage from the passive is overwritten by the 10% PvP global nerf.

I shall now shed my light of wisdom upon you:
-Do NOT take the first upgrade on SP - the CD of AS allows you to keep a nice 15% armor debuff on the target through the whole fight. With debuffs working oppositely than buffs (means the smaller debuff overrides the higher ones) you're actually hurting your AS's debuff in the super rare case the 10% armor debuff kicks in. Almost as useless as HoT upgrade in sorc's Lifegiver.

-Specialize in Veil too. It does not only offer great assistance in clashes but it's also wonderful to counter curse on 1v1. Add in that it's a decent assistance in elites as well. 4/5, no explosion. 3/5 without 15% damage one only if you plan to run elites on damage elixirs.

-You'll now have two points left which IMO should go to Nox for those times you rage out of PvP and decide to kill something with no IQ (=PvE). I'm also going to suggest NOT making Nox AoE with the second upgrade unless you plan to run easy elites solo; Shuyal and back.

Revolutiooooon.

Zeus
04-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't fancy bursting bubbles but in PvP (which is what the nub OP actually cares about) the 5% damage from the passive is overwritten by the 10% PvP global nerf.

I shall now shed my light of wisdom upon you:
-Do NOT take the first upgrade on SP - the CD of AS allows you to keep a nice 15% armor debuff on the target through the whole fight. With debuffs working oppositely than buffs (means the smaller debuff overrides the higher ones) you're actually hurting your AS's debuff in the super rare case the 10% armor debuff kicks in. Almost as useless as HoT upgrade in sorc's Lifegiver.

-Specialize in Veil too. It does not only offer great assistance in clashes but it's also wonderful to counter curse on 1v1. Add in that it's a decent assistance in elites as well. 4/5, no explosion. 3/5 without 15% damage one only if you plan to run elites on damage elixirs.

-You'll now have two points left which IMO should go to Nox for those times you rage out of PvP and decide to kill something with no IQ (=PvE). I'm also going to suggest NOT making Nox AoE with the second upgrade unless you plan to run easy elites solo; Shuyal and back.

Revolutiooooon.

Are you sure that it is? In my testings, the 5% damage passive still works well.

Also, thanks for the tip in regards to SP! I'll confirm it tonight if possible just to make sure. If this is the case, then I really have no idea where to put that final point. I wouldn't put it in Nox because the lesser poison damage actually works out to your advantage versus a curse user. In short, the less poison damage on Nox, the less effective curse is. So, sometimes you can use Nox versus a curse user. However, it depends on what upgrades that curse user has!

While I do like veil, I find that it is not as convenient as me spec'ing to an 1800 armor build. Then again, I use entirely different pets which can change a build greatly.

Madnex
04-26-2014, 02:27 PM
I will get the test results from Kali and Sery to confirm but yeah, I'm pretty sure it's nullified.

About Nox, using Nox against curse shouldn't even cross your mind as a regularly geared rogue - you can since you're OP (parenthesis: nerf Zeus).

Xenobiotic
04-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice find Parth! The Horton trick does work.

Zeus
04-26-2014, 03:47 PM
I will get the test results from Kali and Sery to confirm but yeah, I'm pretty sure it's nullified.

About Nox, using Nox against curse shouldn't even cross your mind as a regularly geared rogue - you can since you're OP (parenthesis: nerf Zeus).

Haha, well, I think the best way to test if it increases or not is to put 5/5 passive damage then text nox poison with the 2/5 upgrade and then take off 5/5 passive damage and then see the poison damage.

I think that if you can nerf the poison damage, it really reduces the effectiveness of curse when using nox. Try it and let me know, you should be surprised at the results and realize that this may open up one more arrow for you to use against a mage.

Ellysius
04-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I love Horton, it gives me the crit of Samael without missing too much of Samael's damage (especially with the arcane ability). Then again, that's just me.

These days I find that crit > damage.

Yes,i see that... Since you did 5k critical shot lol

Bless
04-27-2014, 06:27 PM
IMO you're fine with malison, I mean even though its a S1 pet, it is pretty good in all fields for a rogue...20 for all attributes, 5% crit, dodge AA? Thats pretty good for a pink pet.

There are only 2 types of pets that I would pick (or that kill me in rogue fights) and they are either stun, crit or both - like samael.

I really cant pick from the list youve given because I havent used them. GL.

Zeus
04-27-2014, 07:17 PM
IMO you're fine with malison, I mean even though its a S1 pet, it is pretty good in all fields for a rogue...20 for all attributes, 5% crit, dodge AA? Thats pretty good for a pink pet.

There are only 2 types of pets that I would pick (or that kill me in rogue fights) and they are either stun, crit or both - like samael.

I really cant pick from the list youve given because I havent used them. GL.

I agree, you can't go along with Malison but nevertheless, it is an aging pet, especially if you want higher damage.

Serancha
04-27-2014, 07:26 PM

The 10% nerf in pvp only appeared to be for pet damage %. I have not testing passive damage in pvp. Only so many hours in the day.

Ps. Who is this Sery person?

matanofx
04-27-2014, 08:00 PM
I currently have a shadowlurk for sale so if thats your final choice ill give you guild price =]

Madnex
04-27-2014, 08:19 PM
The 10% nerf in pvp only appeared to be for pet damage %. I have not testing passive damage in pvp. Only so many hours in the day.

Ps. Who is this Sery person?
I believe passive armor was tested which works the same way.

Ps. Be happy it's not Cherry yet! :p

Hiosahaf
04-28-2014, 05:36 AM
I currently have a shadowlurk for sale so if thats your final choice ill give you guild price =]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk