PDA

View Full Version : Is Guildless Better for a PVP player?

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 10:48 AM
I feel like not to have a guild when I play PVP.
I didn't PVP from 2 months because it's just scolding and shouting...so left out went in calm but didn't like that too.

So now just respec and restarted PVP...

I belong to a huge guild,and it's ok that if i don't kill my own guildies....even though many times when some join my opposite side I leave and rejoin.
what if they do allies with another big guild...when ever i join PVP foget about my guild member other guild members join opposite and what should I do then.

As both are huge guilds with many people some or the other might join opposite and should I leave again? how many rooms should I join?

and today when i joined a room in tdm all are from different guilds not even a duel from each guild.....and one of our ally guild member joined other side and so I killed him and I got a message from the guild master that he's gonna complain about to my guild master that I ganged his guild mate.

I don't understand,did I kill him in real life or what and you going to give a police complaint on me or what...giving a dam to me.

It's my game I gotta play as my wish.

Now
What I conclude is staying guildless is better because you can kill any one no allies nothing.we can play as our wish.

I'm gonna stay out of guild until I get my 10k PVP kills.
and don't give a dam to me anymore.

Note:Didn't know where to post whether in Player vs Player or Guilds section so posted here.move to the respected section.

~Prahi

Doomreaper
04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Guildless= more kills, and MANY more deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare
04-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Imo, of guilds have rules about not killing guildies or allies, then the person that joined should leave. Tbh, it's all dumb and you can't really do anything about it if you're joining random games

How are you supposed to know all the other guilds members. Or even your own if it's s very big guild?

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 11:26 AM
You better not enter ctf guildless if you don't want to become the scape goat of the room.

Zeus
Imo, of guilds have rules about not killing guildies or allies, then the person that joined should leave. Tbh, it's all dumb and you can't really do anything about it if you're joining random games

How are you supposed to know all the other guilds members. Or even your own if it's s very big guild?

That's why we have the title thing.

Trust me, I'm usually all for a guild killing their own guild members. But...it turns out, it just makes a lot of unneeded drama. So, having a simple rule like wear your guild title in PvP and don't attack those who are the same guild title as you makes sense, as frustrating as it is.

Prahida, I was once in a non PvP guild. It's a tough journey when everybody else has these guild rules. If you can make it, GL! I joined a PvP guild around the same time I got WarMonger.

Xbadboyx
In the beginning you will suffer from the loneliness but then you will get used to it and find out that it's better to stay away from drama and guilds pvp rules"no killing guildies or allies" bcs it's killing the game fun and being independent player in pvp is so amazing bcs you will become much more stronger since you need to depend on yourself and to survive their alone from unfair players or guilds . on the other hand , u need to have loyal friends with you so they help you when you call.

I consider my friends list as a small warm guild which have my awesome friends so I don't see the point of joining a guild except getting more drama , being alone will bring the true peace to u .

LordDravek
04-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Kill em all. Guild or no guild. Just make sure you're having fun. If someone takes it personal and calls for help... Get better help or leave.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Trust no one..kill anyone..be only one.

~Prahi

Serancha
04-25-2014, 12:01 PM
This is one of the major reasons we chose to never implement the "can't kill guildies" rule at Pheonix. (That, and we have a ton of fun fighting each other, so saw no reason for it.) This situation was inevitable from the first day a guild decided killing guildmates was not allowed.

Situation: You have a huge guild with a "no killing guildies" rule. For argument's sake let's say that makes around 500 people you are not allowed to kill in pvp. Now your guild gets an "ally" that is also a large guild. The "no kill" rule expands to encompass them also, effectively doubling the number of people you need to avoid fighting. There's only so many players in the game. If you aren't allowed to fight close to 1000 of them, how can you ever actually play properly in pvp? There's not many people left to fight at that point. Seems to me like these rules are self-defeating.

My point of view: The nice thing about being guildless, or in a guild outside the politics, is that you are not actually a target. For players in a mostly pve guild, or with no guild at all, it means having a lot more freedom. You can go and find matches without guild wars going on in them, and it actually can be a lot of fun. Of course there's jerks everywhere, but it's usually individuals trash talking, not guilds bashing guilds. Most of the drama llamas are so focused on their "enemy guilds" that they don't even pay attention to people without a brand name guild tag on. It's kill and be killed without any animosity, which works out very well for everyone.

As for support....well, I have never been one to call for "backup". I figure if I can't manage to play without someone coming to hold my hand, I should not be there anyways. I'm stubborn too though, so like to rise to challenges. I may not have the K/D of a kill farmer or a ks rogue, but I have always held my own. This is my choice, and might not be for everyone, but I prefer it to being hampered by anyone else's rightiousness.

keikali
04-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Some tend to leave me alone if I'm tagless, but sometimes I have to put it on -.-

Rare
04-25-2014, 12:10 PM

Trust me, I'm usually all for a guild killing their own guild members. But...it turns out, it just makes a lot of unneeded drama. So, having a simple rule like wear your guild title in PvP and don't attack those who are the same guild title as you makes sense, as frustrating as it is.

Prahida, I was once in a non PvP guild. It's a tough journey when everybody else has these guild rules. If you can make it, GL! I joined a PvP guild around the same time I got WarMonger.

Yeah so you have to run up on someone and see their title first (if they're wearing it). Then determine if they are part of your guild (easy) or an ally guild. And then, if they aren't, you get killed.

Then... everytime someone joins a game, you have to go see who they are from. Man, that sound so convoluted.

Kill em all. Guild or no guild. Just make sure you're having fun. If someone takes it personal and calls for help... Get better help or leave.

That's how I feel. If I'm in a match and someone joins the other team. In that match they are the enemy. That's it. If I don't want to kill them, I'll leave. If they don't want me to try to kill them, they should leave.

The real problem here is people are so concerned over KDR. And guild rankings. Maybe it makes one part of the game fun... but really makes other parts not so.

wvhills
04-25-2014, 12:16 PM
join a guild and join n the drama! that's what pvp is all about!!!

Zeus
04-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah so you have to run up on someone and see their title first (if they're wearing it). Then determine if they are part of your guild (easy) or an ally guild. And then, if they aren't, you get killed.

Then... everytime someone joins a game, you have to go see who they are from. Man, that sound so convoluted.

That's how I feel. If I'm in a match and someone joins the other team. In that match they are the enemy. That's it. If I don't want to kill them, I'll leave. If they don't want me to try to kill them, they should leave.

The real problem here is people are so concerned over KDR. And guild rankings. Maybe it makes one part of the game fun... but really makes other parts not so.

You can usually see them before you're in attack range.

@Aed
I like your idea, but it doesn't quite work for me. The problem is, I was used to PL PvP, where you can kill everybody but they will only try to take turns at killing you. In short, they had the capability to refrain from ganging.

Also, if I did kill a guildie, they would go complain. So, this is why the no killing guildies rule was implemented. To those who have successfully pulled off this rule, kudos. Perhaps the guilds I am in can not handle it.

One day, hopefully, it changes. As for now, this is the only solution that keeps me sane. :3

Volt
04-25-2014, 12:31 PM
You should only go solo if you have friends that you know you can count on. You will get way more kills and less deaths if you know how to play smart. You will get lonely and all. But it all depends on the friends you have nd how much you talk to them

Roberto077
04-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I honestly think the "no killing guild members" rule is bad and shouldn't be a thing. It kinda ruins the fun and point of the game, especially since you're playing with friends.

Pedgon
04-25-2014, 12:58 PM
I have no guild for 8-9 months..and, honestly, i dont think i need it. My "real" friends are on my list, i respect those...no matter wht!

Too many kids and dumb people on guilds..no patience! I have friends and enemies/haters in all major guilds, so i see no reason to join one. :)

Madnex
04-25-2014, 01:11 PM
If you want a good record, you better join one. There's nothing fair about CTF at the moment, just a bunch of people ready to do whatever it takes to get kills, no matter how cheap or undecent it is.

Also, do not mistakenly suppose that maximum geared players are an exception (eg. all of the arcane ring rogues apart from one maybe) - they will gang and will childishly call tanks to hide behind when they get killed fairly once or twice. Guildless is freedom but like someone already said, a lot of deaths are included.

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Ctf is crazy. Sometimes everybody just stand there looking at each others face till flaggers flag to 5.

Today i respeced pvp and tried a couple rounds.

This is how it went:

First room was legit 5vs5 clash no stress. Eminence vs EoS.

I went alone to the next room and bam i had this feeling like i was on the moon cause last time i checked i could attack who i wanted no stress, but now i must be sure i am attacking that enemy alone, i must not gang, must not spawnblock, must not this and must not that. In poor words i must play the gentlemen pvp due to my guild rules.

At the third room still mentally stucked at not ganging the opponents i got spawnblocked, ganged and wasted by members of guildX.

One thing i learnt is that as a freelancer with no title you must be prepaired to gang , spawnfarm and play it hard and quit when it is too hot, cause sooner or later you will meet a guild party that gang and spawnfarms and they will dig your grave.

gumball3000
04-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Join magnum

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Join magnum

Erm no thanks.

Zanpakuto
04-25-2014, 05:33 PM
endgame pvp is full of highly geared and skilled players that killing anyone will result in backlash or the start of ganging. One of the reasons why I don't play it.

Chronexia
04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
I can see that having no guild is great. As you said, you could do whatever you want. But being a lone wolf, you need to risk your kills by many more deaths. I stayed in my twink guild, killing enemies and making allies. But there are times that I wanted to be alone cause my guildmates annoy me sometimes (lol). But I can't do pvp my entire life being alone.

Sent from my GT-S7562

katish
04-25-2014, 09:47 PM
My point of view: The nice thing about being guildless, or in a guild outside the politics, is that you are not actually a target. For players in a mostly pve guild, or with no guild at all, it means having a lot more freedom. You can go and find matches without guild wars going on in them, and it actually can be a lot of fun. Of course there's jerks everywhere, but it's usually individuals trash talking, not guilds bashing guilds. Most of the drama llamas are so focused on their "enemy guilds" that they don't even pay attention to people without a brand name guild tag on. It's kill and be killed without any animosity, which works out very well for everyone.

Exactly :)

Hmm I'm sorry that's your experience, it's not mine at all. I think it mostly depends on the vibe set by the guild master and how the leader of the guild deals with issues as they come along. Of course chosen isn't a major pvp guild but we have clashes against our own and never had any drama. The thing is we clash for fun, for everyone's enjoyment, not to improve any individuals kdr or to prove anything.

So instead of a hard coded rule saying can't kill guildies, we advise them not to join opposite, and if they do, be ready to die. Don't blame the other one for dieing, ur the one who put urself in risk just by joining ctf.

You can only expect ur guildies to behave in a mature, responsible way if u provide them with the environment to do so. Empower ur guildies with choice and accountability.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 10:25 PM
What actually annoys me is the alliance system.
You don't understand who you can kill and can't kill anymore.

Is he wearing the title?
Is he alone?
We are attacking him in two?
Wait is this guy my ally?

And then you find yourself wasted on the ground.

PvP should be fought will respectful bloodthirst and intention to kill every single member of the opposite party from the first time you see their pets tail.

And when the match ends everything that happened end there too.

Crowsfoot
04-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Depends on your gear to be honest. I don't care much for alliances, if I'm in TDM I'm attacking whoever I see unless it's a geared tank. The only reason I don't jump the tank is that neither one of us would die. I, in this situation, usually request 1v1 no heal or wait for more people to join. In CTF, I am 99.9% of the time flagging or harassing someone from my friends list (not maliciously). My favorite retort in PvP is probably "dude, chill" since I listen to mellow music to drone out the crying.

Guilds fight because people invest a large amount of their ego in the game. I have been accused of ganging more times than I can count. The farthest I have gone to gangi g is attacking a player and then someone else joining in. Sorry, if I attack you first I feel no shame.

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't care about my deaths.

~Prahi

Gensin
04-25-2014, 10:59 PM
You do, but many do. Pyromagnium will flare at you.

But you do you.

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't.
I know about myself.
I just need my 10k kills.

~Prahi

Anarchist
04-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Prahi do like this.
Enter a pvp guild and hide your title.
Then when you are in ctf kill everybody except your guild members(kill allies too and tell them you are new in the guild) when allies or guild members attack you tell them you are a ally and show your title.

This is the fastest way for 10k kills with least death.

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Prahi do like this.
Then when you are in ctf kill everybody except your guild members(kill allies too and tell them you are new in the guild) when allies or guild members attack you tell them you are a ally and show your title.

mmm.....okay :)

Zeus
04-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Prahi do like this.

That's a good way to get him hunted once people realize his game...

Prahasit Prahi
04-25-2014, 11:40 PM
That's a good way to get him hunted once people realize his game...

yo that's what just struck my mind after seeing your post.....once anyone knows me they will hunt me down.

btw do you have any mythic ring for sale?

~Prahi

Zeus
04-25-2014, 11:42 PM
yo that's what just struck my mind after seeing your post.....once anyone knows me they will hunt me down.

~Prahi

No, I don't, sorry! :/

Anarchist
04-26-2014, 12:06 AM

~Prahi

No if you tell them you are sorry XD

I tried twink yesterday there it works perfectly i can attack whoever i want without thinking ally or not. (Dunno if it will work at endgame though except you change name for a while)
Once we clarify we are allies i obviously won't attack that person anymore..

I know already its fishy but me no like getting wasted.

Xbadboyx
04-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Okay! No prroblemo.

If you find any just save one for me :)

~Prahi
I do have one ... Pm me in game .

KingMartin
04-26-2014, 05:47 AM
For us PvE folks, this is an interesting discussion.

So far, we are trying to enforce two simple rules only:

1) Fight players of the opposite color

2) Don't join gangs deliberately - that is for example when I see a fight 1 vs 1 or opposite team in minority, I don't join the gang to steal a cheap kill. I rather wait for new regrouping and new clash.

Simply don't do what you don't want the others do to you.

Am I naive? Maybe... but at least we have hardly any pvp drama in g chat.

Farz
04-26-2014, 05:56 AM
"I ganged his guild mate."

~Prahi

Weird...,"I"(alone) "GANGED" Allied guild member...,I dont understand...does one mean gang now?

Sorry for my bad english

Bless
04-26-2014, 06:02 AM
I always try to fight people by myself, even the people I dislike. I just don't have any reason to gang (because I find all classes easy in 1v1s) unless:
-trashtalk
-gang first or previous games
-had previous bs with me before

That being said, I don't mind killing Guildies if that's allowed. But having a guild just makes pvp fun and challenging with the rivals.

Crowsfoot
04-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Prahi do like this.

Go TDM and pick off players 1v1 if you are geared. The camera angle allows you to see players above you but not below you. Many ungeared players don't notice and are easy picking. Occasionally a few geared players will enter the other side, but I usually clash against them anyway. If my team leaves and I'm outnumbered, I leave.

Pandamoni
04-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Weird...,"I"(alone) "GANGED" Allied guild member...,I dont understand...does one mean gang now?

Sorry for my bad english

This made me LOL. People are so stupid.

Prahasit Prahi
04-27-2014, 08:18 AM
As completely doing PVP from yesterday many LOL moments there to share,
as usually I don't belong to any high guild until my 10k kills I'm just killing everyone and levaing the map if they spot block or gang

And some funny moments like

*One comes and says rg(regroup) and he moves away from group lmao...can't stop laughing at that time
*One says you ganger and scolds as if he feels like he never ganged anyone...lol
*One says come for 1vs1 noob and if I kill him by chance he says I lagged haha.....

~Prahi

Thorluffy
04-28-2014, 02:00 AM
come to lvl 25 twink and join me :D . Im promoting a fun , fair and matured pvp game at this bracket. check out the guild thread- tinyurl.com/isfeelingawesome

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Kaazineo
04-29-2014, 10:44 AM

I know right!some people are just stupid,i mean like why would anyone take a game seriously like calling and pm'ing others while they are in pvp dieing constantly.Which means they are weak and uselees if u call for help,wether or not u die a lot or not,we are all strong.I just die,if thats the only option!LMAO...!!!!!!!

Daniel Banuelos
04-29-2014, 10:53 PM
guildless with mythics and arcane go rampage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aneheazatek
04-29-2014, 10:57 PM
KDR is a symbol or majority for reflecting their skills and capability.

However , a game being taken seriously eventually will lose it's aspect of enjoyability to the user.

I am sure everyone would agree with me the best time in game was one just installed and log in to the game as a newbie :)

tharidom
04-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Shoot ur guildies;)

Nawmsayin
04-30-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm not in a pvp guild and i never have been.

Sometimes I'm getting ganged by different guilds, sometimes I'm in a room where my team mates don't want to participate.. These are the matches i leave after 1 or 2 deaths and no one can say anything to me and i can't complain about anything PVP related because no one in my guild does PVP.

I don't know what its like to be in a pvp guild so i can't say that its better or worse. But i do like being in a non pvp guild... i don't have to hear about any pvp drama and i don't have any enemies. Even though I'm not in a pvp guild, i try to play fair in every match i join. If anybody ever says i ganged them, it's probably because it was 4v4 or 5v5 and someone left without me realizing it.

70% of the time, I'm in a fun match with no complaints, mostly playing TDM. The other 30% are the matches with ganging involved or useless teammates, mostly in CTF. So being in a non PVP guild works great for me and I'm satisfied with my KDR

hakoom7
04-30-2014, 11:10 PM
I feel like not to have a guild when I play PVP.
I didn't PVP from 2 months because it's just scolding and shouting...so left out went in calm but didn't like that too.

So now just respec and restarted PVP...

I belong to a huge guild,and it's ok that if i don't kill my own guildies....even though many times when some join my opposite side I leave and rejoin.
what if they do allies with another big guild...when ever i join PVP foget about my guild member other guild members join opposite and what should I do then.

As both are huge guilds with many people some or the other might join opposite and should I leave again? how many rooms should I join?

and today when i joined a room in tdm all are from different guilds not even a duel from each guild.....and one of our ally guild member joined other side and so I killed him and I got a message from the guild master that he's gonna complain about to my guild master that I ganged his guild mate.

I don't understand,did I kill him in real life or what and you going to give a police complaint on me or what...giving a dam to me.

It's my game I gotta play as my wish.

Now
What I conclude is staying guildless is better because you can kill any one no allies nothing.we can play as our wish.

I'm gonna stay out of guild until I get my 10k PVP kills.
and don't give a dam to me anymore.

Note:Didn't know where to post whether in Player vs Player or Guilds section so posted here.move to the respected section.

~Prahi

This sounds like a personal issue between you and your guild or your guildie, anyway pvp has never been happy place sometimes you win sometimes ypu lose. If your guildless you'll have difficulty finding support when needed, if your in a guild you'll have problems such as yours and it might turn pvp into boring place for you, or you might be in war with another guild which is so much fun but every once a while things get bit nasty and turn pvp room into hell.
In short just take break from pvp every once a while go farm make some money buy yourself something nice have fun then go back with fresh start, thats what I do, it helps :)

Lovingly
05-01-2014, 04:57 AM
takes balls !

Prahasit Prahi
05-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Well atm I'm having +ve kdr....need 300 more kills for 5k AP.

As everyone saying here it would be difficult when I need help.....so when I really need help I just leave the map n join another same thing while anyone gang me to....I don't care what they say when I leave.

~Prahi

Doobiez
05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Actually pretty fun I enjoining having enemies and allies I make by running solo no one off limits

Prahasit Prahi
05-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Done with 5k kills took 10 to move from 3422-5000 kills.

~Prahi

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Depends on perspective bro.
With guild u can :
1. Gang your enemies
2. Get help from alliances guild
3. Can't kill a person from another guild even they makes you mad
4. Obey guild rules

Without guild you can :
1. Kill everyone
2. Get killed by everone
3. No rules No chat
4. Hard to get some help

And it depends too on your pvp class, ur set custom and pet will affected another players in PvP rooms.