PDA

View Full Version : Scorn or colton?

Neutrone
04-26-2014, 12:41 AM
I was looking at there passives and arcane abilities and realised it will be a hard decision. There prices are also pretty Much the same. What would you prefer for a Mage in pvp?

Dehydration
04-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Colton :D
It's better to choose Colton instead because Colton has a passive stun ability and Arcane Ability gives more crit,
Scorn however, is a very good pet but the arcane ability sacrifices your armour by 20% (this will defeat the purpose of the Arcane Shield skill of your Mage) and buffs up your damage by 20%, this will make your Mage extremely delicate and easy to kill.
But if your Mage can take on a decent amount of damage, get Scorn or if you want maximum damage for your Mage, probably use Scorn. If you're in a clash with other people and have a tank on your side, it's best to use Scorn to dish out maximum damage since Tanks will heal you up.
Colton is also good for clashes because of 10% crit arcane ability but I'd choose Scorn for clashes.

Bigboyblue
04-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Scorn has a bad AA. I'd rather use Colton. Scorns happiness bonus is good though. If I pull him out I never use his AA. Just let him add to your stats. I much prefer Clyde, Orion, Ethyl, Colton. I'm a mage and those are my four go to pets. I will use crawly once I get enough story tokens. Shadowlurk looks good too but I don't want to spend the money on him.

Zcmz
04-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Colton definitely. Passive stun + Crit AA = Good in both PvE and PvP

UndeadJudge
04-28-2014, 09:53 AM
I like scorn tbh. I play extremely aggressively on my sorc, so it suits me well. I don't get why people complain about the armor reduction since you won't take too much damage more with the AA active. Also,
people don't take advantage of invulnerability and stuns when using him. You can dish out so much damage, and with right timing, take only 1, MAYBE 2 attacks.

But I do admit it is a selfish pet to use in clashes. Don't ever do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigboyblue
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
20% armour reduction in elites is huge. That's 20% more damage taken. I use his AA in normal maps but wouldn't dare in elites. It's a good way to never be invited to run another elite map lol.

Dill1sHere
04-28-2014, 01:35 PM
If you have Mythics (Set and Ring) Scorn should be fine in Km3, Malison, and MM runs, but in elites Colton takes the lead.

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Colton like Mage puppy lol.. You have to bring this pet anywhere you go :p

Nesox
05-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Colton.

CrazyTank
05-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Definitely colton. You have no idea on how much you hurt a warrior in elites. You make the pull and I get all aggro and someone press scorn's AA. Then BOOM. I m dead -_-

Instanthumor
05-05-2014, 11:18 PM
As far as PvP, Shadowlurk would be the best legendary pet. It would also (arguably) be better than the mythic pets too, including Slag.

Neutrone
05-07-2014, 03:13 PM
As far as PvP, Shadowlurk would be the best legendary pet. It would also (arguably) be better than the mythic pets too, including Slag.

This is rather interesting...is it because of its AA?

Serancha
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
I disagree on Shadowlurk. It's arcane range is so small, and the pet stays so far away from you, that it doesn't even give you the buff 80% of the time. And in PVP the last thing i want to be concerned with is checking my pet's proximity to me before hitting the AA button.

Sceazikua
05-08-2014, 07:34 AM
I disagree on Shadowlurk. It's arcane range is so small, and the pet stays so far away from you, that it doesn't even give you the buff 80% of the time. And in PVP the last thing i want to be concerned with is checking my pet's proximity to me before hitting the AA button.

I disagree with this. I asked a friend who owns shadowlurk to test the range and here I go. Special thanks to cristocross in guild <moon 3> :)
in second screenshot because the spider spins around so it looks closer to me. It was originally inside the smaller red circle. The smaller red circle is colton's AOE, and shadowlurk's one is kinda doubled, and it looks OK range to me. Ribbit's only a bit wider. And its passive sounds awesome too, explode dealing tripple damage, sounds ideal for 1v1s.

Serancha
05-08-2014, 08:13 AM
That may be, but it's range is smaller than the distance it follows behind you when you are actually in a map. It is often off the screen, or near the edge, leaving you well out of range. This also makes it largely ineffective against enemies.

This is just my personal experience from running it up to level 15, but I personally won't level it further. I prefer pets like Wurmtongue who frequently run ahead to attack things, rather than hanging behind.

Alhuntrazeck
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Between Scorn and Colton, I guess I prefer Colton though it's range is so infinitesimally small! Scorn I use for 1v1s vs rogues with my nuking build so I can deal the maximum amount of damage possible with my 3 attack skills. Just pray you 3 hit the rogue, because trust me, you cannot survive a combo! Scorn is like an anti-shield. :/

Colton, I would like except for several reasons...one, it doesn't add any crit from its happiness bonus - Ribbit adds 7% - also, when you're charging forward, chances are Colton's AA will just miss you and you'll be cussing at your screen while you're stuck with a pet that adds 30 INT, 10% damage and nothing much else.

I think you should just get another pet, like Shadowlurk, or Grimm - my personal favorite. It is underrated!

Anarchist
05-10-2014, 04:45 AM

I disagree.

The 10% damage Shadowlurk adds is nerfed to 0.
The extra 10% damage added through AA is again nerfed to 0 or better is not even counted due to the way damage buff works.

Alhuntrazeck
05-10-2014, 05:55 AM
I disagree.

The 10% damage Shadowlurk adds is nerfed to 0.
The extra 10% damage added through AA is again nerfed to 0 or better is not even counted due to the way damage buff works.

No.

It adds 20% dmg and 20% crit on AA. Check the patch notes.

toxorto
05-10-2014, 06:59 AM
If you use scorns AA in pvp you will have a boost of 25% damage but you are killing yourself especially if you are against a warrior..
My opinion that scorn isnt good in pvp go buy Colton its perfect for a mage...

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 10:43 AM
No.

It adds 20% dmg and 20% crit on AA. Check the patch notes.

Dev fixed it ???

grumpy
05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Dev fixed it ???

no, shadowlurk's AA was buffed in recent patch to provide +20% dmg and +20% crit. However, the "only highest %dmg counts" thing still applies so shadowlurk's passive of 10% dmg is negated with the AA. Thus you get 20% dmg total and not 30%.

Anarchist
05-13-2014, 09:31 PM
He is back in my top ten again then.

How did i miss this!?!

Sceazikua
05-14-2014, 06:40 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?152799-2014-05-05-Content-Update-(146747)
^
^That 10% damage from happiness is constant, and you will get 10% added when used the arcane ability.

Tendirin
06-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Scorn, Just saying

Dehydration
06-06-2014, 02:48 AM
Scorn if a person with you is willing to use Misty's AA. Colton is much more versatile if you're alone.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Haligali
06-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Scorn is the worst pet in game, dont use it.

A damage buff, which does not apply in many cases (damage elixir, stand in rogue veil etc) simply not worth with a huge armor debuff, which apply in every case.

UndeadJudge
06-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Whelp now scorn sucks with shadowlurk buff,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk