PDA

View Full Version : How to fix pet spamming without any client update

gumball3000
04-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Here is an easy fix for ya, sts where just a few lines of code have to be added:

This is combat mode, you sit in this position a few seconds after attacking or getting attacked by someone else:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/u2utu8y9.jpg

This is resting mode:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/jusaru5y.jpg

Trying to swap/summon pet or map skills in the Attack mode should be denyed displaying an appropriate error message.

Hope this helps.

Xbadboyx
04-26-2014, 04:22 AM
I see you are using my super pro build , I didn't think it will breakout in no time , nice choice bro !

gumball3000
04-26-2014, 04:41 AM
I see you are using my super pro build , I didn't think it will breakout in no time , nice choice bro !

Im very thankful for posting it, it's so good, no wonder it has been kept secret for so long.

Morholt
04-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Well, client update is supposed to be 'soon' for weeks now (lol)...so I don't think they'll want to play with any coding that isn't needed.

However, I honestly like your idea. It would allow us to still use pets like Nexus to recover our mana while in town or when you are in a distant/safe spot in PvP.
But...this could still be abused in PvP, as a team could wait for the other team to approach so that they can be at rest to begin spamming Samael.

Zeus
04-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Well, client update is supposed to be 'soon' for weeks now (lol)...so I don't think they'll want to play with any coding that isn't needed.

However, I honestly like your idea. It would allow us to still use pets like Nexus to recover our mana while in town or when you are in a distant/safe spot in PvP.
But...this could still be abused in PvP, as a team could wait for the other team to approach so that they can be at rest to begin spamming Samael.

If that will be the new strategy, I can't tell you how easy it would be in endgame to mow through their unprotected rogues because the tanks are busy spamming.

Personally, if the developers upcoming fix is inadequate, I am sure they could fall back on something more simple like this.

Additionally, they should extend this to no swapping of skills while in combat. You're in combat, why would you want to swap skills?!

Morholt
04-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm not super familiar with endgame soapboxes--err, I mean PvP. :D
Was thinking 2 tanks spamming pets like Clyde for a panic-lock, leaving rogues safe to pick off disabled enemies. But opposing rogues and mages can probably just attack from a safe distance without getting hit by panic.

Nevermind on all that! lol
But, someone out there will find a way to abuse it. There's always "that guy" that has to ruin something for everyone.

gumball3000
04-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm not super familiar with endgame soapboxes--err, I mean PvP. :D
Was thinking 2 tanks spamming pets like Clyde for a panic-lock, leaving rogues safe to pick off disabled enemies. But opposing rogues and mages can probably just attack from a safe distance without getting hit by panic.

Nevermind on all that! lol
But, someone out there will find a way to abuse it. There's always "that guy" that has to ruin something for everyone.

It's impossible to abuse this, as soon as you use a skill, attack or get attacked by someone or his pet you will go into combat mode, it's basically impossible to stand in resting position during any fight.

Zeus
04-26-2014, 06:19 PM
It's impossible to abuse this, as soon as you use a skill, attack or get attacked by someone or his pet you will go into combat mode, it's basically impossible to stand in resting position during any fight.

Spamming various buffs just before combat...! However, I just wanted to prove that it's not impossible. We all know that pet buffs don't really do much in 5v5s though.