PDA

View Full Version : Anything to Merch?

Drearivev
04-26-2014, 04:44 PM
No, I am not a merchant. Just want to know of things I can buy cheap and sell later on for more. Aside from crates, what else can I buy? I have roughly 350k gold with the majority (250k) on one account, and the rest on two others.

Doomreaper
04-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Look for an item whose price shifts a lot, buy when low, sell when high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NovaZ
04-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Vanity often shifts

Drearivev
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Look for an item whose price shifts a lot, buy when low, sell when high

That's a problem, I don't know when price will go up or down. Some items may never come back up in price.

Doomreaper
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
^^^ nova knows what's up

ClumsyCactus
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Heh, just keep away from malisons... I lost alot on them...
But i Earn quite alot too :P

Energizeric
04-26-2014, 07:00 PM
That's a problem, I don't know when price will go up or down. Some items may never come back up in price.

Well that is really the trick, isn't it? Watch the market and learn. This is not an exact science and nobody can predict the future anymore than you can ask someone to tell you their stock picks.

In any case, buying items and holding them for the future is not merching. That is more like investing. Merching is buying items NOW to resell NOW for more money.

Reunegade
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I usually like to buy vanities that are underpriced by a lot. For example:

Playerx - 8,000 gold
Playery - 7,800 gold
Playerz - 7,500 gold
Playera - 7,300 gold
Playerb - 4,400 gold

As you can see, PlayerB has listed the item at 4,400 gold. This is pretty quick money, as you can relist at 7,000 gold. Now there are somethings to be aware of though, such as this:

Playerx - 15,500 gold
Playery - 6,000 gold

This could be potential profit, but it could also be potential loss. There are way too little amounts listed to know whether or not this is profit or not if you are not watching the market.

If you do this for 30 minutes everyday watching the vanity market, in a week you could earn a couple hundred grand.

matanofx
04-27-2014, 01:29 AM
In the past we could successfully manipulate the market cause there werent many other people trying to do the same thing

Now however, dont even try, theres so many players farming so many different things right now that merching is alot harder than in past seasons

With your amount of gold id try to maybe flip some magma weapons, check auc regularly to find out the value if the magma weapons and see if you can find them for significantly lower price in town (or in auc if someone is really trying to sell fast), good luck.

Kakashis
04-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah I nonlinear Merch because there's too many people hoarding and doing the same. Just play the game, it's only a game!