PDA

View Full Version : Swearing

Distension
04-27-2014, 03:39 AM
MWhen people rage, they tend to swear. But they cant swear so they use swears without one letter (excuse my language: [edited] or [edited]).
I think they should get spys and get all the related words and make that a mute too.

If you agree thumbs up!

Emagency
04-27-2014, 03:48 AM
without one letter*

But yeah this gets pretty out of control, but that's why STS has the report button hot-keyed to inappropriate language.
Just report em that way.

Distension
04-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Yes they have a report button, but it never worked for me. I report and they dont ever do anything. It would be nice to censor them if they arnt too hard.

for the lulz
04-27-2014, 06:06 AM
iv learnt more swear words than i knew cus of how they get censored :P cencoring words that are similar to swear words wud also raise alot of curiosity among the little kids
example -
i wish i had that weapon ! it* ***a powerful

Kingzila
04-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Sts can't put mutes on ever word like that. Do you know how much space that would take up? Not only that but once they start muting half lettered words it will start leaking into regular words. And if you think the cursing in English is bad in pl you should see the people talking in other languages lol

Bous
04-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Then people would go around calling eachother letters "u b" xD

Membership
04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
"Gives [edited]" annoys me the most, the mute system is horrid, specially when typing certain words a completely different way, i.g different languages words have different meanings, you can get banned. What should be banned is the 2 letter words, you can say the f word fully if you use 2 u's, pretty much everything can be said spelt right if you use 2 of one letter

Extreme
04-28-2014, 04:04 PM
I actually saw one guy literally saying the "F" word, like the complete word.

Sheugokin
04-28-2014, 04:46 PM
I actually saw one guy literally saying the "F" word, like the complete word.

That's prolly you u haxor.

But yeh, people will find other ways to curse. Pretty easy lol.

Extreme
04-28-2014, 04:53 PM
That's prolly you u haxor.

But yeh, people will find other ways to curse. Pretty easy lol.

I have screenshot tho u nab.

Sheugokin
04-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Pls do post.

Mister Smith
04-28-2014, 09:23 PM
I love puke emote :) no need for words lol :p

Suentous PO
04-28-2014, 11:15 PM
First censor every cuss word, then every variant of it.
Next censor every foreign version.
Then every acronym for all of the above.
Also every word that remotely might be offensive however benign.
Lastly, go to town and type this post in public chat, and it comes out like this.....
**x*** *** *******
*** **z *** ****** ****
And you got muted and banned.

I'd still be able to make several emote guys flippin the bird.

Arpluvial
04-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Hey guys!

So while this is a thread/recommendation about swearing, please note that abbreviations and variations of curse words are still considered inappropriate language. Just keep that in mind, please. :)

Darkterror
04-29-2014, 02:08 AM
This is a harsh issue.....i was there when they played around with the levels on this mute thing....i got muted for having a normal conv. And even banned for a week... for saying normal words that might be miss used by people as swearing. That was when the level of chat mute was high. I think they had to lower it down because it was generating all kinds of fake alarms. I think there isnt much left they can do about it....it has reached the point where we can recognize an entire word just using a tiny part of it. Like a "B" or just a big "F" This is not part of the game, this has evolved from our very own society, because people use their phone lots and they text.....LOTS. So as a lazy response we tend to minimize words for faster understanding and easier or shorter writing, or to evoid being banned ( not just PL ). I have never played any other game with this feature. So i do swear lots on games that allow it (dota 2 :) I got used to not swear much after playing PL i didnt swear much on dota. But the trols wont leave. Its part of the internet flow....will we ever see a clean comment section on any trending video on youtube? I dont think so :) Will they stop swearing on MMOS ? Nope...
People need cyber education. The internet allows for a mayor flow of good and bad words. Its good vs evil. Its like almost ment to be.
But hey!! The mute system works overtime! If people can learn not to swear much over the internet. It can even change our behaviors.

Note: This will cause new swear words to be created.

Oldcoot
04-29-2014, 02:59 AM
I like "dagnabit"

Distension
04-29-2014, 03:47 AM
I like "dagnabit"

I love YOU. :*

Emagency
04-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I like "dagnabit"

I prefer Dag gunnit

Maurice Archie
04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Are we not adults ? I'm 19 years old and had heard more swearing on the Disney channel than I have on pocket legends . How many are familiar with runescape ? They had the censor then switched over to a choice of censor on or off. Some of us just use swear words a lot because that's what we're used too in our daily lives . Honestly if I want to say " I've been tryna get a drop all [edited] day " I feel I should be able to as an adult . I'm just being honest guys I know I'm not alone . If someone is saying things you don't like mute them . No need to abuse report button.

Schnitzel
05-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Are we not adults ? I'm 19 years old and had heard more swearing on the Disney channel than I have on pocket legends . How many are familiar with runescape ? They had the censor then switched over to a choice of censor on or off. Some of us just use swear words a lot because that's what we're used too in our daily lives . Honestly if I want to say " I've been tryna get a drop all [edited] day " I feel I should be able to as an adult . I'm just being honest guys I know I'm not alone . If someone is saying things you don't like mute them . No need to abuse report button.

Be aware that there are other players in game that are NOT adults yet.

there's some players that are below the minimum age...and if they see bad words in chat, they might learn them and use them...thats not good...

Blitzso
05-02-2014, 02:21 AM
This is the worst thread I have come across... When you get scrwed over in the game (say that you're doing a big trade) and you get scammed you're not gonna say awwhh Biscuits! I mean the censore iss already crazy rridiculous you can't even say sppicyy in the game without adding extra letters...Because the first four letters is a racial slur for a Hispanic....

Blitzso
05-02-2014, 02:24 AM

I would love to toggle profanity option....

FortalWao
05-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Cmon, just change the swear words to symbols (*!&#) and don't ban people. Make it an option in settings to mute the words (it's there but highlight it somehow) because honestly I don't see the point of banning people, kids aren't supposed to play this game anyways (<13) and everyone 13+ knows the words already.

Armourslash
05-30-2014, 11:07 AM
The only reason why kids are swearing is because its cool which I find immature so if you get cyber bullying back in their minds they will STOP.

GRIZZY
05-30-2014, 01:34 PM
What's a swear word?