PDA

View Full Version : Villas/Valley FPS Drop

Halros
04-28-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm having severe issues with frame rate on infinite maps. As mobs are killed, my FPS steadily starts to drop. Whenever I die then respawn, my problems reset and my FPS becomes high again. Maybe this has something to do with the game not effectively erasing killed mobs' data which makes my phone work all the harder to try and keep up, and it can't.

NOTE: I've tried restarting, clearing RAM, and closing all other apps, but my FPS always steadily drops as mobs are killed. I'm also on a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit running Android and it never has problems with FPS on normal maps with "Enemies Remaining:".

Anyone else have these same problems? If so, on iOS, Android, or Desktop?

Fusionstrike
04-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Yes, I have seen this exact problem on Galaxy S4. I reported it a while back (several months). It's good that you reported another device showing this problem, since it's definitely not present on all devices, e.g. I've never encountered it on ipad or Chrome.

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do on the device besides die or restart map instance. There is definitely some kind of resource leak happening that degrades performance over time. It's hard to know if the problem is in PL app, Android framework, or caused by an interaction between the two.