PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wielding weapons = insane DPS

ONANEBEZ
12-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Today I saw a lvl 47 dexbear dual wielding weapons and he had an DPS of 244 with no buffs. At one point during the game he had 313 DPS. Can you get this high with non dual wielding weapons, even at lvl 50?

King Richie
12-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Dps isn't everything ... Because the dps might be high but the base damage isn't so it's very rare to have a high dps character that can beat the enemies armor ... That's why you need to be a bird due to armor break then you may get good damage out of it ... IMO dual wielding weeps should proc break armor

Pharcyde
12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
DPS - Base damage = Crap.

Even though your DPS is high, its likely your going to hit strait misses, dodges, or really low hits on high armored targets like blue aliens or str bears.

DPS + Base damage = Beast.

My lvl 10 twink bear is unstopable with my 80-100 base damage and 90 dps.

Jespo
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
If the proc on them would be like a break armor then they would be way to over powered

Fyrce
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
It's kind of fun to play with but for bosses, I haven't noticed anything great about them. They seem to be ok for lower level mobs but I'm not sure I would use any as my main weapon.

They're more fun because they look hilarious when you run around with dual weapons. A group of dual wielders running around can really crack everyone up.

Pharcyde
12-19-2010, 10:09 PM
They are still testing dual wielded weapons. Once they get dropped from bosses I'm sure they will be more desirable.

smunter3
12-20-2010, 07:57 PM
how do i duel wield like is there special stats or do i have to buy something like the winter festival thing or something i want to duel wield

Ravenous
12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Do we know the exact (or even rough) calculation of how DPS, base damage and armor factor?

Pharcyde
12-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Do we know the exact (or even rough) calculation of how DPS, base damage and armor factor?

I'm sure someone has done the testing and math. I personally don't know, but its quite obvious how big the difference is when your hitting strait misses with insane dps. Then on the otherside hitting strait criticals with high base damage.

Dip
12-21-2010, 01:09 AM
doesnt that mean then just put all dex.. and aim to get crit high enough that you crit all the time?

maybe i'll try it with my level 50 pally.. with crit boost..

Fyrce
12-21-2010, 02:07 AM
At the moment, they're only in the plat store. They have the word dual in them, so like Styg's Dual PomPoms, or whatever :P

I would guess they're a 2H weapon with an interesting look, but maybe they have special code.