PDA

View Full Version : Rogue's " Aimed shot " & Mage's " Lightning strike "

Ghaith
04-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Hello !
Well , I was checking out PvE builds for both Mages & Rogues and I remarked something .. It was just an idea jumped into my mind , and it was the following :" Rogue's aimed shot is considered as one of the most important skills for either PvE or PvP build for a rogue , however aimed hits only 1 target whereas Nox hits multiple targets in a charged attack ; so what I was thinking is to make Aimed shot hit Mutiple targets in a charged attack and this way Rogue " PvE " build that envolves Aimed will be more useful ..... ( thoughts ) :)
Speaking about Mage's Lightng strike , I guess it's the only skill that does the most damage in the whole Mages skills , but it only attacks 1 targets and it has got 15% chance with normal attack and 25% chance with charged one to explode and hit multiple targets ; so what about making lighting hitting multiple targets 100% in a charged attack , this way mages will do more damage ( + fire ball ) and they will be able to rid of Ice bolt wich is only used to stun Mobs .... ( thoughts ) :)
Hope I will find SOME CONCTRUCTIVE thoughts below and thank you :)

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Your suggestion of aimed shot=No, because its very op in pvp.
Your suggestion of lightning=Again No, didnt u think about in pvp?

CrazyTank
04-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Man you serious? Aimed shot hitting multiple targets?

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Man you serious? Aimed shot hitting multiple targets?
1 Rogue with arcane ring= Come on, multiple targeted is unfair lol

So, you didnt think about it in pvp?

Zeus
Rogues are single target DPS character. Therefore, they will output the most damage to a single target. Mages are an AOE crowd control character capable of outputting a vast amount of AOE damage.

So, by making an aimed shot AOE, it will entirely change the class role. A single aimed shot can do more damage to a single target than a mage's an entire mage's arsenal. Thus, it would be mildly OP for this to happen.

Likewise, a Mage is a crowd control and max AOE damage character. A lightning strike is the second highest hitting skill in the game with the first being aimed shot, so again, it would be mildly OP to give mages this amount of firepower when they already have useful skills like Time Shift, Fireball and others.

Ghaith
Your suggestion of aimed shot=No, because its very op in pvp.
Your suggestion of lightning=Again No, didnt u think about in pvp?

Why " NO " explain more please :)

Zeus
04-28-2014, 11:21 AM

I explained for it and it should answer your questions.

notfaded1
04-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately everything in the game is weighed and constrained by PvP... PvP really hurts PvE play and its evolution... but until STS figures out some way to separate the two... we're stuck with everything being viewed through a PvP lens. Every weapon, every pet massively effects PvE ability to flourish due to concern about PvP and how it might unbalance things.

This is especially frustrating for lol@pvp type of players but it's a fact of life we're stuck with at this moment.

CrazyTank
04-28-2014, 11:24 AM
1 Rogue with arcane ring= Come on, multiple targeted is unfair lol

So, you didnt think about it in pvp?
my answer was no. For Example, take zeus. He can kill an entire team with a single AS

Zeus
04-28-2014, 11:25 AM
my answer was no. For Example, take zeus. He can kill an entire team with a single AS

Lol! That would be quite funny now that I think about it.

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Aimed shot=Its a powerful shot that can hit 1 target with massive dmg, so, why aimed shot cant be aimed shots? Because Aimed shot is a focused shot that aim 1 target.

Lightning strike=Its a lightning that can strike 1 target with shock dmg..

So, any skills must to hit multiple target for rogue? No, for mage? Yes

Want more info? Check on Zeus's post.

Ghaith
04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
@ Zeus , I think your answer was sufficient for what I have mentioned
@ explicit fire , you are talking about pvp and I was talking about PvE

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Rogues are single target DPS character. Therefore, they will output the most damage to a single target. Mages are an AOE crowd control character capable of outputting a vast amount of AOE damage.

So, by making an aimed shot AOE, it will entirely change the class role. A single aimed shot can do more damage to a single target than a mage's an entire mage's arsenal. Thus, it would be mildly OP for this to happen.

Likewise, a Mage is a crowd control and max AOE damage character. A lightning strike is the second highest hitting skill in the game with the first being aimed shot, so again, it would be mildly OP to give mages this amount of firepower when they already have useful skills like Time Shift, Fireball and others.

@ Zeus , I think your answer was sufficient for what I have mentioned
@ explicit fire , you are talking about pvp and I was talking about PvE
Its still same.., Ghaith, if that happen in PvE, the hard elites is not challenge map anymore...because of aimed shot-lightning change
Its sad for ppl who want the elites challenging..

notfaded1
04-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Also don't get me wrong above... I have nothing against PvP... it's just that both hold each back being so intertwined with each other. Parth is right and if ne one knows how things need to balance it's him as far as PvP is concerned.

Just think at what the options would be like if PvE and PvP weren't dependent on each other O.O as I see it the sky would be limit!!

Sceazikua
04-28-2014, 11:30 AM
About lightning, I think its good to make something like AOE with smaller damage on charging, like the charged attack of woodland slayer and other fire guns, and get rid of that "on kill" upgrade. The "on kill" upgrade of lightning is actually useless because its chance is small while its only happening on killing. Its hard to see that happen, especially at high lvls and elites where we dont kill monsters fast but there are many of them. And its damage now is small as well ...

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Correct. Then PvP players will change their character into rogues or mages, so, no one wants warrior o.O.

Xeusx
04-28-2014, 11:32 AM
About lightning, I think its good to make something like AOE with smaller damage 100% on charging and get rid of that "on kill" upgrade. The "on kill" upgrade of lightning is actually useless because its chance is small while its only happening on killing. Its hard to see that happen, especially at high lvls and elites where we dont kill monsters fast but there are many of them.
Same like CS's upgrade, but I see that CS upgrade has no problem and it has a reasonable.

CrazyTank
04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Lighting aoe already does low damage when last time I checked (months ago). Further nerfing doesn't worth that upgrade. Only a thought tho... I maybe wrong

Sceazikua
04-28-2014, 11:40 AM
I editted the post a bit, making it works like the fire guns. In short, the fire guns' normal attacks do much more damage than other guns (tested and approved, see haligali's sig), while its charged attack do less damage to a big AOE. Then it may have some use.
I think that the useless upgrade should be gotten rid of, because its chance is so small that not always it kills mobs and we never charge lightning anyways so its only 15% when it crits to kill the mob. cs' upgrade is a bit different where it can actually hit multiple mobs and do some serious damage to them.
Btw its just a suggestion.

Ihateppl
04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
NO, aimed shot is meant for a crit shot on ONE target, because.... its even in its name, if the shot spread outs, it would not be a aimed shot, it would be a "lemme shoot wild" skill
and as for lightning, lightning never strikes the same place twice, thus making a lightning shot that 100% chains would be ridiculous, mages already have 3 mob attack skills, fire, wind and clock, and 2 pin point attacks, ice and light, I use light when i wanna "take out this solo witch" instead of fireball, because they are for different application. its like using a ice ball to take down a mob, its gonna kill the guy in front, but the dudes behind him are just gonna keep coming, so each skill in AL is meant to have a different purpose.

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 12:04 PM
There is really no point to this suggestion. All you are basically saying is that you want it to be easier. Easier means the loot is going to be less expensive, and since your suggestion involves making all dungeons easier, all legendary loot would becomes less expensive, meaning you would have to farm more to earn the same money. So in the end everything would be equal when it comes to PvE. You would clear mobs faster, finish dungeons faster, loot more legendary items, and they would all be worth less. And a most likely result of making rogues and mages more powerful would be that they would increase the difficulty of the dungeons to balance it out. So in the end you would be back where you started. I don't get the point of that.

Ihateppl
04-28-2014, 12:07 PM
There is really no point to this suggestion. All you are basically saying is that you want it to be easier. Easier means the loot is going to be less expensive, and since your suggestion involves making all dungeons easier, all legendary loot would becomes less expensive, meaning you would have to farm more to earn the same money. So in the end everything would be equal when it comes to PvE. You would clear mobs faster, finish dungeons faster, loot more legendary items, and they would all be worth less. And a most likely result of making rogues and mages more powerful would be that they would increase the difficulty of the dungeons to balance it out. So in the end you would be back where you started. I don't get the point of that.

tiny logic, fear it

wvhills
04-28-2014, 01:35 PM
i love this idea! i think my aimed shots should hit 5 targets instead of 1! :D

falmear
04-28-2014, 01:43 PM
I think electrical discharge should be re-worked. For electrical discharge you have to kill something with lightning to even roll at a change to get this happen. Only but the easiest maps does this happen. So its only useful as a tomb or non-elite maps. Decrease the change percentage but make the chance of happening each time you use lightning. This would make it more useful in elite. Still would keep it useless as a PvP skill.

Yakiniku
04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Aimed Shot shall henceforth be renamed to Aimed at Everyone Shot. Awesome. Make it so. /Picard

Kidding aside, the mage player in me likes Falmear's idea. As it currently is, Electrical Discharge really bites. Heck, all of the "chance on kill" skill upgrades bite. I hope they're addressed at the future skill revamp.

Spell
04-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Lightning does in fact have a chance to hit multiple mobs in pve.I have seen this happen as my main is a mage.it hits every mob on the screen but its rare.IMO I would like that to be how lightning hits every time.but only in pve.I think it would be too op in PvP.

Deadroth
04-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Lightning does in fact have a chance to hit multiple mobs in pve.I have seen this happen as my main is a mage.it hits every mob on the screen but its rare.IMO I would like that to be how lightning hits every time.but only in pve.I think it would be too op in PvP.

Yep agree.
But BAH, Aimed Shot to multiply targets? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg I laughed alot... O P

Serancha
04-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Hello !
Well , I was checking out PvE builds for both Mages & Rogues and I remarked something .. It was just an idea jumped into my mind , and it was the following :" Rogue's aimed shot is considered as one of the most important skills for either PvE or PvP build for a rogue , however aimed hits only 1 target whereas Nox hits multiple targets in a charged attack ; so what I was thinking is to make Aimed shot hit Mutiple targets in a charged attack and this way Rogue " PvE " build that envolves Aimed will be more useful ..... ( thoughts ) :)
Speaking about Mage's Lightng strike , I guess it's the only skill that does the most damage in the whole Mages skills , but it only attacks 1 targets and it has got 15% chance with normal attack and 25% chance with charged one to explode and hit multiple targets ; so what about making lighting hitting multiple targets 100% in a charged attack , this way mages will do more damage ( + fire ball ) and they will be able to rid of Ice bolt wich is only used to stun Mobs .... ( thoughts ) :)
Hope I will find SOME CONCTRUCTIVE thoughts below and thank you :)

If they made aimed shot hit multiple characters, they would need to nerf its damage to account for that and keep the game in balance. This does not work, as we already have that exact skill. It is called Shadow Storm Shot, and is one of the 2 most useless skills in the game.

The same applies to lightning. Mages have 2 AOE skills - why make lightning into just another one?

PS: @ Zeusblade: not everything revolves around pvp.