PDA

View Full Version : 2014-04-28 Content Update (146038)

H2N
04-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Free Respec weekend has come to a close.
2X Story Token Weekend has ended.
In PvP, you can no longer capture the enemy's flag without controlling your own.

Deadroth
04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
firsttt!

Ishtmeet
04-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Ohh wow

Haligali
04-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Any plans on flag lb? It will be hard now for new players.

Arrowex
3^_^

Cmrel
Sweeeet :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmrel
04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
No more flag farming ?

Hectororius
04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
In PvP, you can no longer capture the enemy's flag without controlling your own.

Its good to know that this isnt a client side fix, in case it turns out to make CTF unplayable. Flagging will continue regardless

JaytB
04-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Thx STS! Had a ton of fun with the free respecs :D

Tendirin
04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Hope this new ctf feature will be to some use

Kakatoa91
04-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Ok.

Lets see how it will evolve now...

Spell
04-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Ugh flag ap is gunna suck even more now T.T
But this will make flagging much more interesting

Mhaymhay
04-28-2014, 02:47 PM
its cool to try new system in flagging :)

Omisace
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the great weekend StG, free respec weekend is always awesome!
About the new flagging system wouldn't it make the already-hard-to-get-flagging-APs-that-turned-CtF-into-a-free-flag-room even more burdensome? Although I don't PvP too much I think this is bad news to new players who want to get to LB. More work for them while older players had a year of easier (but not necessarily less tiring) flagging advantage.

Samdegreat
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
How are we meant to flag 10k it already takes 2months when I asked most people, now it's gonna take 1 year...

Ninjasmurf
04-28-2014, 02:50 PM
-__- I seriously don't understand how it's possible to get 10k flags.. Especially for a Mage I have to use gale force (sucks in PvP) and it still takes a long time. I think STS should increase the total flags to 10 instead of 5.. anyone agree?

Fidalex
04-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Why don't reward a flag point to each member of the team? At the end, with this change, flagging should become a team effort.

Excuses
04-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the good weekend event, but this flag update is just.... Too much.
Flagging is already extremely boring, but now it's worse.
Flag ap for new players is going to be literally impossible.

Kidosmasher
04-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Can tank flag on opposite team while my guildmates cap. Maybe update with guild name lock to limit us from dominating both teams to ruin match. Policing players from teaming up like that would be counter productive IMHO though. If I was admin leet coder of AL I would disable join unless in party and party could only join as team or unable to join if team was full. First step would be to join as party and single player join random match. Basically joining friend, party, guild and being able to join opposite team is terrible feature for PvP and destroys competitive play. It's awesome for griefing and trolling people though. Combine that with PvP guilds creating alliances with other guilds and CTF can be unplayable. Or are the alliances a product of bad mechanics of guild, party and friends being able to join and occupy both teams? Sorry for tmtr

Kidosmasher
04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Why don't reward a flag point to each member of the team? At the end, with this change, flagging should become a team effort.

Negative single player stats in team sports are important. Teams shares win.

Excuses
04-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Negative single player stats in team sports are important. Teams shares win.

But win doesn't reward anything in this game.
Only kill and flag left on record.

Maybe new 'win' ap would be interesting with new flag system.

Ninjasmurf
04-28-2014, 03:06 PM
+1 really good idea to make flagging better..this way teammates don't have to fight over flags or tell the other team to kill someone on their team so they can capture the flag instead.

Ninjasmurf
04-28-2014, 03:10 PM
But win doesn't reward anything in this game.
Only kill and flag left on record.

Maybe new 'win' ap would be interesting with new flag system.
+1 if they added team wins and losses to character stats it would stop free flagging rooms and it would automatically create a real ctf game where teams actually protect the flag instead of doing random (VERY LAGGY!!) clashes in the middle.

keikali
04-28-2014, 03:11 PM
lel

Kakashis
04-28-2014, 03:15 PM
had fun with the respecs to get rid of the damage passive! enjoying my crits :)

Konviict
04-28-2014, 03:19 PM
People who used to do daily 100 flags, or more, have the ap of 10k flags in 2 months. And by this i mean, only on focussing flagging. NOTHING ELSE!

How long will it take now? Maybe a few years, yep.... Tnx sts

Edit: maybe u should add a 'team flag' so when someone in that team flags, everybody in that teams gets a flag point

Raregem
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I agree flagging should be a team effort. This new system is just I don't even know the word to describe it. At least make assist flags if you have two members of your team make it to the goal with the flagger without dying they should also be rewarded. For me personally I have 8000 flags left to get before I reach the 10k ap.. so now it's going to take me until 2016 to get them.

Adding the assist flag is going to promote teamwork more effectively and motivate players to help their team members. I don't see many people protecting a flagger so they can work towards their ap when the other person gets to die in return.

Nitexx
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I don't think you can do team wins for pvp, just because of partial games.

Does it count for people that join the game before the last kill? What about someone who worked hard and killed, etc. and then dcd before game ended?

What about people losing that just leave the game?

Too hard to makes wins worth something due to the mechanics of the game.

johnsr
04-28-2014, 03:22 PM
+1 if they added team wins and losses to character stats it would stop free flagging rooms and it would automatically create a real ctf game where teams actually protect the flag instead of doing random (VERY LAGGY!!) clashes in the middle.

Totally agree! This would make it a real CTF game and actually make people play as a team when they enter CTF. Right now CTF is just about the individual and not the whole team.

wvhills
04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
any changes to ctf this late in the game is a bad move. Flagging has been going on for a long time. If u were going to change it it should have been when it first started not now. You're assuring people with less than 5k and 10k flags will never get on the leaderboard.

bad move sts.

Serancha
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Any plans on flag lb? It will be hard now for new players.

Agreed, this needs to be addressed, along with the PvE situation. (Now that all the ways to farm pve kills have been removed).

Zeus
04-28-2014, 03:37 PM
This is a punishment to any new player or to those who actually earned their flags. Due to the amount of time for a fix like this, players now have to through an even more enduring process to reach the 10k flag AP.

How about this: take the 10k flag AP away and give 10k flag AP owners an exclusive item or title that they can show off for their flags.

Mucsi
04-28-2014, 03:43 PM
remove this new "flag" rule in pvp... Someone want flags.. I played 10mins and I met with 2 trols: They already got this ap, and why shd dying? Thx sts... always the worst way

Serancha
04-28-2014, 03:48 PM
This is a punishment to any new player or to those who actually earned their flags. Due to the amount of time for a fix like this, players now have to through an even more enduring process to reach the 10k flag AP.

How many people earned it legitimately? Everyone I know who has it, got by free flagging, and I am aware that a good number got it in some other unmentionable ways. Not legit.

How about this: take the 10k flag AP away and give 10k flag AP owners an exclusive item or title that they can show off for their flags.

I agree with this 100%

Ninjasmurf
04-28-2014, 03:50 PM
The biggest problem right now is that ctf has turned into tdm.. People don't understand that the goal of ctf is to get 5 flags and win the game.. Now it's just about ganging/blocking/guild wars/ drama..I hope there is a new ctf map in the next client update that makes the game interesting again. :banana:

Carlfenix
04-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Ohh no :'(

Enviado do meu Motorola Razr HD, ROM Revolution HD, 4.1.2 JB usando Tapatalk

Ravager
04-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Flags achieved should be awarded to the team at the end of the match. Not the individual.

Winning team gets 5 obviously. Losing team gets however many they scored. This way we have less people bailing halfway or near the end.

With this change maybe we will see more variety in weapons and skills ( dragon weapon for warrior that pushes, more sword and shield, rally cry). Maybe....

Oonova
04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
I feel like this will only increase spot blocking.

Haligali
04-28-2014, 06:19 PM
What if i steal the opponent flag and hide somewhere?

xlovableaze
04-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Having a 1 point to each of the team is bad. I want this 100% to not happen. Coz people will just stand by and waut for their teammate to flag they afk in pvp. So i dont want that to happen. Urself for urself. Hardwork :)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
How about this for an idea.....

1) reset everyone's flag stats back to zero

2) anyone who has the flagging APs already can keep them.

3) starting today, flag stats indicate team flags and not personal flags.

4) the flagging leaderboards show these new team flags

5) anyone who does not have some of the flagging APs can get them from the new team flags concept.

I'm going to post a new thread on this idea in the general forum. If you agree, please find that thread and post your support (or disagreement) there.

carloanddar
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Changes with the flag system should have been done as early as season 1. There are several players out there who just lack the 5k and 10k flags AP to be in Leaderboard and now it will take forever before they get those APs.

Classychic
04-28-2014, 06:42 PM
This is a very tricky change. I'm sure players who've had their 5k or 10k Flag APs completed are happy because they can now play CTF the way it was intended. However this does not do much for new players who may have had their sights set on the leaderboard. I doubt ANYONE with 10k flags achieved that number playing real CTF. I agree with what Zeus and Serancha said above. The flag AP should not be the basis for being a top player. It IS hard work to make those flags, but most of them were not EARNED in the same way we now have to.

I wish STS would reset all flag statistics, honestly. Or add a new counter for games won. With how things are right now, we can expect to see the same people on the leaderboards for as long as they play the game.

Edit: As I was writing, Energizeric read my mind and put it in bullet form. :D

Froxanthar
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM
any changes to ctf this late in the game is a bad move. Flagging has been going on for a long time. If u were going to change it it should have been when it first started not now. You're assuring people with less than 5k and 10k flags will never get on the leaderboard.

bad move sts.

True

Kingslaughter
04-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Remove flag ap then dev...please

Frohnatur
04-28-2014, 07:45 PM
+1 energizeric

will0
04-28-2014, 08:24 PM
why would we need individual flagging AP don't know whats the purpose of it? Unless is AP for Guild team work for most flags taken which sounds more logical.

Bellaelda
04-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Wow...
Love what u guys do, but flag ap is now basically a "5 yr plan".

I appreciate the idea... To stop ppl from just flagging, or so I'm assuming.....
But I don't think this is the answer.... Maybe I'm wrong... I'll try to keep an open mind but right now it's very frustrating.

ultimategun10
04-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I agree with u

ultimategun10
04-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I not capture even one flag now it's more difficult for me

ultimategun10
04-28-2014, 10:22 PM
A new interesting system of flagging should be made where players capture from monsters or bosses

Theillist1
04-28-2014, 10:34 PM
STS adds a valuable rule to CTF. A simple addition and everyones gonna rage about it? Give me a break! Have you ever played CTF on any game or IRL where u can just cap flags at will and tie? NO, because CTF is simple protect your flag and steal the enemy flag. Dont hate STS for trying to do what's right. THANK YOU SOO MUCH STS for adding that one simple rule! I AM SOOO HAPPY TODAY!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Hoardseeker
04-29-2014, 12:37 AM
How about this for an idea.....

1) reset everyone's flag stats back to zero

2) anyone who has the flagging APs already can keep them.

3) starting today, flag stats indicate team flags and not personal flags.

4) the flagging leaderboards show these new team flags

5) anyone who does not have some of the flagging APs can get them from the new team flags concept.

I'm going to post a new thread on this idea in the general forum. If you agree, please find that thread and post your support (or disagreement) there.

Agreed with 1,3,4,5

Hoardseeker
04-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Now the 10K AP is Hard for New Players, Reset the Flag count in New Client or Make a Seasonal Leaderboard....

Endkey
04-29-2014, 02:33 AM
im really starting to lol@pvp too...
i know many people now who were at a constant pace to 10k flags..and now they are thinking of quitting.
Altho i am happy on the fact that free flagging will somewhhat stop..but this is a very hard measure.

Bendikt
04-29-2014, 02:47 AM
Dear STS and other AL-Players,

these update (control your own flag so you can flag) that have NOTHING to do with Ctf. Now you make Ctf to Tdm. Ctf was before this update comes.
Because: In other game with Ctf like shooter game you must take the flag from other base and bring it in your own base. The other team with stolen flag must kill and drop the flag back. NOBODY controll the own flag. NOBODY.
When you don't kill the player who have stolen flag or make nothing...that is like...a gangster have stolen your money and you look how he go away with your money and you make nothing. So you can not say Ctf is boring and say to STS make Ctf interesting.. You all make Ctf boring when you don't kill the person with the flag from your team.
But now you must control your own flag that you can flag? THAT ISN'T Ctf. Everybody kills in a team now the person who have the flag that is your own flag AND the flag from the other team. Nobody can flag and flag is impossible. The archiv for new player 10k flag is now impossible. Now Ctf is switch to Tdm (TEAM death match). That is..sorry for that word...bullsht.
I hope you understand my bad english. I come from germany.

Your Bendikt

ItsGhostu
04-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Free Respec weekend has come to a close.
2X Story Token Weekend has ended.

Hello,
First of all the first two update are okay with me . :biggrin:
But the last... i don't think so.. Please did u think before to add that update .. what will happen with players.. i think NO.
Ill tell you Every Guild and every player have Allies and if im obligated to kill my Ally in the oppostive team or my friend then its a big big problem...you may loose alot of players playing this game!You will let allies guilds fall down. from a .... update and we will get more slow in flags then i can say good bye to lb. i have 5k Goals and how im i suppose to get 4k more by that update who wont let me flag peacefully and fast..all the think i want and all players want is to get back to the old update the real ctf capture

Thank you,
Ghostu(9)Rogue

ItsGhostu
04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
No more flag farming ?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? did i just heard of you no more flag farming? bro flags dont get farmed LMFAO.omg omg omg please learn more about al ctf capture

Hoardseeker
04-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes remove the Update!

Xeusx
04-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Stop complaining about the new system...
So, You complain for sts remove the update? Wth u guys
The update is great.., the flag aps become challenging now like elites aps does

Xeusx
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Hello,
First of all the first two update are okay with me . :biggrin:
But the last... i don't think so.. Please did u think before to add that update .. what will happen with players.. i think NO.
Ill tell you Every Guild and every player have Allies and if im obligated to kill my Ally in the oppostive team or my friend then its a big big problem...you may loose alot of players playing this game!You will let allies guilds fall down. from a .... update and we will get more slow in flags then i can say good bye to lb. i have 5k Goals and how im i suppose to get 4k more by that update who wont let me flag peacefully and fast..all the think i want and all players want is to get back to the old update the real ctf capture

Thank you,
Ghostu(9)Rogue
This is the real CTF.
If your guild killing in ctf room, is it real CTF? NO.
I think u should go to TDM and feel it than in CTF..
CTF is capture the flag, not capture the kill

*sigh* Players forgot that the hard aps like flag, kill, and elites are challenging..not easy like u complete it so easily..

Crazymobkiller
04-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Then I can kiss the lb good bye...

Iliketolol
04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/29/epyhutyp.jpg

Just for fun xD

Samdegreat
04-29-2014, 10:18 AM
What should happen - simple just get rid of the new update!!!

Why - people are complaining with conclusions

1- reset flags on all characters - unfair why do that when people have worked hard for several months
2- get rid of the achievements but people who currently have flagging ap keep them - pointless and waste of time (give them a banner)

Also as mentioned before several times, this update has been delayed too long!

ItsGhostu
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Stop complaining about the new system...
So, You complain for sts remove the update? Wth u guys
The update is great.., the flag aps become challenging now like elites aps does

Bro im not complaining im saying the reality it isnt REAL CTF , plus the new update sux..

ItsGhostu
04-29-2014, 11:21 AM
This is the real CTF.

*sigh* Players forgot that the hard aps like flag, kill, and elites are challenging..not easy like u complete it so easily..

It isnt real CTF
my guildies are getting killed by each others when they take flag at same time same it is happening on my allies
i dont go TDM i dont feel it in ctf i want to play real ctf
if ctf capture is capture the flag then why we cant cap except if u kill ur enemy team

Ravager
04-29-2014, 12:21 PM
This is the real CTF.

It isnt real CTF
my guildies are getting killed by each others when they take flag at same time same it is happening on my allies
i dont go TDM i dont feel it in ctf i want to play real ctf
if ctf capture is capture the flag then why we cant cap except if u kill ur enemy team

It shouldnt be an issue if they are killing each other. Its pvp not Windmoore. No plat is required to revive. If they arent fighting each other, theyre spotblocking for people who do want to play pvp.

Your enemy is the opposite color, kill them.

In a basketball game, I wouldnt let the opposing team score because he is my friend.

ItsGhostu
04-29-2014, 01:28 PM
It shouldnt be an issue if they are killing each other. Its pvp not Windmoore. No plat is required to revive. If they arent fighting each other, theyre spotblocking for people who do want to play pvp.

In a basketball game, I wouldnt let the opposing team score because he is my friend.

Its Arcane Legends not Basketball game they are way big difference...

Ravager
04-29-2014, 02:50 PM

Its Arcane Legends not Basketball game they are way big difference...

I gave a simple example. Team based. Versus. Score points. Im sure you get the point.

Again this is pvp.

falmear
04-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Once people get used to this free flagging will return. Maybe I should make a guide.

Frohnatur
04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
NOBODY is complaing about the new pvp system. What we complain about is, that we cant compete with the 5 and 10 k Flag achievment anymore.

And STS should find a FAIR solution here. This is a major flaw yet STS didn't even make an effort yet to explain how they intent to fix this. Bad, bad, bad communication, STS... :( You think it is useful to let the people rage and rage and rage? This is damage to the game and I think someone should give a statement.

Excuses
04-29-2014, 11:14 PM
We (maybe I) are not complaining about new flag system itself. We are concerning about flag ap because now it is not fair for new players.
I count myself as a casual player (I play 1-3 hours every day) it took me almost 1hour for every 10 flags as I kill some other guild and flag as I can.
Then if I play 3hours every day, 10k flag will take about an year. Now with new system it will take at least double or more.

So this solved flag farming?
No. People still farming flag. Now even people are more cruel about flag because they have to kill other team's flag holder.
Even this makes more blocker so that my friends can kill other flagger.

So people play more ctf now?
No. They still farming flags because they want aps. Nothing really changed.

To encourage people to play CTF as it is intended, flag should be awarded to the whole team(maybe to the winning team only at the end of the game. So people don't block and actually try to win the game and also stay) , so people don't have to rush to grab the flag but play as team.

So to be fair, some people asked sts to remove flag ap and reset it as ctf itself has been changed.
(imo every season lb should be reset. Some people just stay their even they are not playing now. Season banner and lb is for the best player of the season. Right?)

New flag system was good try to encourage to people to play CTF, but not perfect solution. We need more adjustment.

Unabella
04-29-2014, 11:58 PM
NOBODY is complaing about the new pvp system. What we complain about is, that we cant compete with the 5 and 10 k Flag achievment anymore.

And STS should find a FAIR solution here. This is a major flaw yet STS didn't even make an effort yet to explain how they intent to fix this. Bad, bad, bad communication, STS... :( You think it is useful to let the people rage and rage and rage? This is damage to the game and I think someone should give a statement.

Agree... +1

Schatzness
04-30-2014, 02:52 AM
I gave a simple example. Team based. Versus. Score points. Im sure you get the point.

Again this is pvp.

I gotta say,I agree with Ghostu. This ain't basketball,this is Arcane Legends
We have allies that we respected,I guess u know if u play twink
If we must kill our allies,whats the point of having allies?

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Giving Shout out to STS.
Its seems like you are getting many reports from players about the new update about ctf capture.

All the thing we want and mostly players want its like 90% want update back and 10% love the new update.

I can easly tell you why the 10% love that new update cause they dont care about flags they care more about kills but the rest want lb want to flag fast want to get his goals to 10k and get Flag achievment ext...

All the thing we want is to get the old update back.

Thank you STS (Respect) want reply asap.

alexdroog
04-30-2014, 09:16 AM
I play PVP in different levels for nearly a year now.
From my point of view there are several motivations for flagging:
- Get the AP
- Get on leaderboard
- Fairness – flagging when unequal no. of players
- Boredom – flagging while chatting and noone there to kill
I haven’t met anyone who actually WANTS to play ctf the way it was originally designed…

You gave us basketball but we want to play rugby. Don't try to force us to play basketball, make rugby more fun...

Get rid of the 5k and 10k AP and the flagging will mostly stop - only those who want to be on lb will continue.
Those who have it already could use it as a "joker" for other aps they don't have.

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 09:22 AM
I play PVP in different levels for nearly a year now.
From my point of view there are several motivations for flagging:
- Get the AP
- Get on leaderboard
- Fairness – flagging when unequal no. of players
- Boredom – flagging while chatting and noone there to kill
I haven’t met anyone who actually WANTS to play ctf the way it was originally designed…

You gave us basketball but we want to play rugby. Don't try to force us to play basketball, make rugby more fun...

Get rid of the 5k and 10k AP and the flagging will mostly stop - only those who want to be on lb will continue.
Those who have it already could use it as a "joker" for other aps they don't have.

Back to the same conversation Its not Basketball game or Rugby Its Arcane Legends.

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Please for those fan of Basketball game and rugby and football.. trying to mention ur style about how is the game on a total big different Game.(Arcane Legends) way big difference...

I have a question for those fan of basketball -rugby - football.. if ur in a team do you have ally team in the game? i think no but need answer LMFAO

alexdroog
04-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Itsghostu - have you ever played PVP-CTF in AL at all?

At least we agree that this update was a mistake.

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Itsghostu - have you ever played PVP-CTF in AL at all?

At least we agree that this update was a mistake.

Im a twink player not main that why u dont know why the update is shyt.

alexdroog
04-30-2014, 01:02 PM
I twink too.
And i agree that this update is s...

In your experience - how many matches have you seen that were played by the original intended ctf rules?

Me none in thousands.

Btw, the new mantra is "only one flag at the time"

Ravager
04-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Ah I see the issue for you guys now.

Im not part of the allying and guild drama. I see blue or red and play as is. Attacking friend, guildmate,"allies" without the hatred.

Games that have an ally system ingame usually make it so you cant attack them. In my eyes, allies dont exist in the game. Look where it got EOS and Magnum.

To me, if youre in a game where you refuse to fight back, youre spotblocking anyways.

Enjoying the ctf update. Needs a few tweaks. Have enjoyed a good amount of rumbles and enjoy flagging once again like season 2.

Have been ganged a few times but thats to be expected when grabbing the flag.

Schatzness
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Ah I see the issue for you guys now.

Im not part of the allying and guild drama. I see blue or red and play as is. Attacking friend, guildmate,"allies" without the hatred.

Games that have an ally system ingame usually make it so you cant attack them. In my eyes, allies dont exist in the game. Look where it got EOS and Magnum.

To me, if youre in a game where you refuse to fight back, youre spotblocking anyways.

Enjoying the ctf update. Needs a few tweaks. Have enjoyed a good amount of rumbles and enjoy flagging once again like season 2.

Have been ganged a few times but thats to be expected when grabbing the flag.

Allies are not a shield to make them not attack u,they help also,with war or with things if u really play lower lvl twink,u'll know
And,with this update,if I took the flag and my guildmate take the other flag,we must kill each other
Whats the point of having twink guild? Whats the point of having allies?

alexdroog
05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
So, nothing changed. Flagging is even more boring now, since it needs double time cause you can only flag to 4 per team or alternate.
This really sucks.