PDA

View Full Version : Gold sink and the solution- Myth or Reality?

Hiosahaf
04-28-2014, 06:39 PM
I was browsing through the forums (as usual) silently. And I noticed that the 50K gold payout has been replaced by the 30% DMG elixir kit.

There has been a lot of discussion going around about the need of a gold sink. But is this "gold sink" really viable? Let us examine the information we now have at hand.
- Payout of 50K replaced
- Replaced with DMG elixir kit (reading about the Kalizzaa's find of the year, I wouldn't want to invest in damage related stuff until the stat window is fixed. However I believe that the elixir will override other buffs as the highest buff should be counted. So Players would get a true 30% DMG buff, theoretically. Practically? I leave the testing to the pros.)
- Kit sells for 15-18K (as I was told on Line by my friend)
- On an average, a player suffers a comparative 35-33K loss (relating to the 50K replacement)

Now we already know that crates sell at around 11.5-12K (my prices may be wrong as I haven't logged into AL) and we are familiar with the rage moment when we usually loot the 2K gold trio. (Player suffers loss of 5.5-6K on an average for looting the commons)

Before I comment more, I would like the reader to read the following comments from some highly knowledgable players:

I disagree. There was plenty of gold. Just everyone was saving millions upon millions for mythic/arcane items. There was always plenty of gold.

Artificially injecting gold into the economy was a bad solution from the start. In fact, the suggestion I made is pretty much what Hio is talking about. Making the game more fun for people to play and making them WANT to play even if they don't attain the pinnacle of gear or status. Rather than constantly having a revolving player base with new players that have 0 gold.

For the most part I'm excited about the new changes Sam which is great... Like Candy I'm a little concerned about the gold from crates though. Removing the gold from crates is a bad idea. Already getting pinks that are worth less than the 2k 2k 2k payout is lame.

I also finally looted my first red arcane weapon and what was it... Lvl 26 hooks that are worth less than mythic daggers... this is ridiculous (outright ripoff) Yes I'm a rogue but at least if it was a staff or a maul it would be worth the thousands of crates opened to get first arcane weapon.

Either fix the Rogue Arcane Hooks (through an upgrade quest or something) or get rid of it altogether... huge disappoint getting hooks that won't even sell for what a glacian will sell for now. Considering the rarity (way harder to loot in locked than a red pet which is stupid rare already)

So let me get this straight you're taking the biggest gold payout which is like only 50k away so then what's left...

We spend 15 plat and 13,000 gold to get what... pinks that might sell for as little as 150 gold each o.O

Minus going through tons of crates looking for a Shard or decent redpet, maul, or staff what's left if not some decent gold payout???

Answer will be nothing unless ur interested in hoarding a bunch of snow vanities and holding them for year till their worth something... if anything something more of value should be added to crates as normal payout in gold or something else (if you make the elixirs something better than you can buy normally then maybe this could work?)... nerfing them is a bad idea though because if you don't loot something RED which is already next to impossible... then what is there as a consolation if not at least some of your 13k gold back or hopefully a little extra to make up for all the 2k 2k 2k and terrible pinks you keep getting in the last 10 crates???

Let's not kid our selves...
(The pinks are worth something for the first couple hours they are available and some of the weapons are worth something for a couple weeks spiraling down in value the whole time)

I've opened a lot of crates and I can say... I don't have a lot of gold.

So we can see that something wrong is going here. The concept of vanities in crates did drop to an extreme low and the price has remained low ever since. The Targe was an amazingly tanky gear in Shuyal expansion but we all know that it's value was quite meagre. (I don't agree to a few parts of the second quote though, except removal of hooks and their reintroduction later on)

So what solution(s) do I propose from this analysis?
- (Courtesy Faded) Introduction of weekly or rather fortnightly stuff. Re coloured vanities being introduced every fortnight isn't a bad idea. This will result in more crate popping. That will result in the prices rising. That will result in the cash flowing from rich to the poor farmers (for crates). A few of the farmers buy these vanities. Overall, a win-win situation, is the bottom line.
- Back in SI (and SII), most of the good gear came from Elite Copper and Elite Silver chests too. Introduce the hooks into these chests (remove from crates) with the odds so abysmally low (lower than odds of Talon. 1000 times lower). This will cause an impact on the economy.

~

This is just a short thread written at 5 am in the morning! Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas below in a civil and constructive manner!

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 06:58 PM
It really is a challenge to make it so that people want to open tons of locked crates without ruining the economy of the game. The problem is that people open so many crates, that whatever the "common" loot is that drops from them will becomes pretty worthless. My idea of adding gold to them was so that we did not have this overabundance of worthless legendary items as we had in season 3 & 4. But now the gold itself is becoming worthless as there is an overabundance of that.

Problem is you that must include something in locked crates or nobody is going to open them. If the only items you can loot are mythic and arcane, people are NOT going to be pleased when they open 50 crates and get absolutely nothing in each one. So something must be in them. The question is what to put in them.

I think you really have to lower the gold drops, lower the chances of getting legendary drops, and slightly (very slightly) boost the chances of getting mythic or arcane drops. Overall this should balance out as the increase in mythic and arcane will make up for the lower gold payouts and less occasional legendary items.

This should result in less inflation, higher prices for crate pinks, and slightly lower prices for mythic and arcane items. I think most people would agree that these are all desirable outcomes.

Kakashis
04-28-2014, 07:27 PM
It really is a challenge to make it so that people want to open tons of locked crates without ruining the economy of the game. The problem is that people open so many crates, that whatever the "common" loot is that drops from them will becomes pretty worthless. My idea of adding gold to them was so that we did not have this overabundance of worthless legendary items as we had in season 3 & 4. But now the gold itself is becoming worthless as there is an overabundance of that.

Problem is you that must include something in locked crates or nobody is going to open them. If the only items you can loot are mythic and arcane, people are NOT going to be pleased when they open 50 crates and get absolutely nothing in each one. So something must be in them. The question is what to put in them.

I think you really have to lower the gold drops, lower the chances of getting legendary drops, and slightly (very slightly) boost the chances of getting mythic or arcane drops. Overall this should balance out as the increase in mythic and arcane will make up for the lower gold payouts and less occasional legendary items.

This should result in less inflation, higher prices for crate pinks, and slightly lower prices for mythic and arcane items. I think most people would agree that these are all desirable outcomes.

Unless we have crazy hoarders that have deep enough pockets to manipulate the economy they see fit. But I agree, 50k from locked was too much

FluffNStuff
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
A solution that would make BOTH the openers AND the people that want to reduce the amount of gold happy would be to have replaced the 50K with 50 Plat.

FluffNStuff
04-28-2014, 08:21 PM

So you FINALLY caught on to the fact that Removal of 50K from crates = less people opening crates = less people looting Shard = HIGHER price for Arcane Ring?

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 08:37 PM
So you FINALLY caught on to the fact that Removal of 50K from crates = less people opening crates = less people looting Shard = HIGHER price for Arcane Ring?

I don't think anyone is opening locked crates hoping to get 50k gold. They are opening hoping to get arcane and mythic items. Removing 50k reward from locked crates will have little effect on the number of crates that will get opened. It's kind of like if they removed the $100 prize from the powerball lottery. Doubt anyone is going to not purchase a ticket for the $200 million jackpot because the $100 prize has been removed from play.

Rare
04-28-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think anyone is opening locked crates hoping to get 50k gold. They are opening hoping to get arcane and mythic items. Removing 50k reward from locked crates will have little effect on the number of crates that will get opened. It's kind of like if they removed the $100 prize from the powerball lottery. Doubt anyone is going to not purchase a ticket for the $200 million jackpot because the $100 prize has been removed from play.

No but if they went all in and spent $1000 and got nothing out of it, they'd probably rage quit the lotto.

falmear
04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Most people open crates to loot mythic or arcane items. Removal of 50k really just slows people down from opening more crates. You loot 50k, this allows you to buy a few more crates to open (now or later). If you want a gold sink just add the same fee on player to player gold trades as there is in the auction house. Everyone will hate this but everyone knows that they try to dodge the fees from the auction house by doing player to player trades. Whether or not removing 50k gold from crates has any effect on inflation is to be seen. You can still loot 25k gold.

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 11:14 PM
As has been suggested, the real solution for a gold sink is to have an expensive item that is purchased from an NPC for gold. Maybe something like the leprechaun pendant, but instead of buying for plat you purchase for gold. Maybe a mythic item of some sort. Something that all wealthy players will want to have, so the sink hits the wealthy and not the poor.

faefaefae
04-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Your ideas are always brilliant. I agree with each of your suggestions.

To immediately alleviate the problem of inflation, a 'gold sink' has to be created so that 'extra gold' can be taken out from the economy. As you have said, we need to take into account the interest of STS when making any suggestion of this kind. Here is my suggestion:

We all know new mythics are coming. There may be new lv 41 mythic weapons, mythic armor, mythic helm and mythic amulet. Why not make one of them directly purchasable in AL store for a large amount of gold? For example, a new mythic amulet can be purchased from store for $15m gold (not plat) and this amulet cannot be looted from lock. This will absorb a large amount of gold from the economy and can alleviate the inflation problem immediately. As other mythic gear can only be looted from locks or other elite chests, implementing this suggestion will not affect STS's income as plat spenders will keep popping locks to loot those items.

On second thought, apart from putting a new mythic amulet in store that can be purchased from a NPC for a large amount of gold, STS can consider selling very expensive vanities such as "red and black jester suit" for 20 million gold and rich players can purchase them from a NPC directly. Large amount of gold will disappear from the market immediately, rich players are happy walking around in town with a luxurious vanity, poor and average players will not be affected. A win-win situation.

Energizeric
04-28-2014, 11:25 PM
That's not a bad idea either. Some kind of exclusive vanity for rich players. With the jester vanities, players have shown they are willing to purchase very pricey vanities if they are rare. With a fixed price from an NPC, you can be sure there will be no price drop on these as the only way to get one will be from the NPC or to buy one from someone who purchased from the NPC.

I'm thinking something that has some sort of cool effect, maybe smoke, flames or something that gets you noticed in town like when you have a kershal or arcane ring.

Hiosahaf
04-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Introduction of fixed price items from NPCs is a good idea, but fortnightly stuff is better because it helps the sales of a farmer too as the crate popper keeps spending gold on buying crates.

Glad to see the inputs here. Replacing 50k gold with 50 plat isn't a bad idea either! But the main point is- introduction of DMG elixirs instead is probably not the best choice.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

FluffNStuff
04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
That's not a bad idea either. Some kind of exclusive vanity for rich players. With the jester vanities, players have shown they are willing to purchase very pricey vanities if they are rare. With a fixed price from an NPC, you can be sure there will be no price drop on these as the only way to get one will be from the NPC or to buy one from someone who purchased from the NPC.

I'm thinking something that has some sort of cool effect, maybe smoke, flames or something that gets you noticed in town like when you have a kershal or arcane ring.

Players will pay ANYTHING for something if they think they can sell it for MORE (reason the jesters were so expensive). An expensive vanity that you can buy from the store will have little value as there will also be no price rise (NPC controls price).. Unless there are a limited number of them and they would be discontinued quickly.
Also the removal of the 50K removes one of the best crate hooks. If a player got 50K that meant opening AT LEAST another 4 crates right away. It is these hooks that lead players to open more crates then they planned that creates crate spammers. Small wins just fuel the desire more for a bigger win.

Bigboyblue
04-29-2014, 08:54 AM
The damage elixir is a flop. It won't affect older rich players. They don't have any need for 50k payout. I'm sure most would rather get 50 plat to pop more crates. This elixir damages new players. Those who are just beginning their gaming life. Now, when they open crates with no myth or arcane drop they are losing more gold. It discourages new players from opening locks. I know it discourages me from opening locks. Atleast a 50 plat payout does something for me. This elixir is no good. Please change it STS.

A gold sink could be very good. A vanity for sale from NPC would work. Maybe one that can be customized. That way they are quite unique and players would really want one. One of the better ideas I've heard is selling pvp arenas to guilds for "X" amount of gold. These would be amazing and I'm sure everyone would have to buy one. I had a recommendation of a house zone. You can now buy a house in it's own zone. You can invite your party there to hang out. Add a bigger stash there so it has some worth. Who doesn't want their very own special zone.

GoodSyntax
04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
How about limited run vanities popping from crates?

For example, 1,000 Cosmos vanities are put into crates. As soon as the 1,000th is looted, the vanity is immediately discontinued, so the auction value starts to increase (good for merching/hoarding). Then, the next limited release vanity becomes available, i.e., Shadow vanity.

Anything that has a limited run will be desirable (like the colored jester, red/green arlor). The more exclusive the run, the more valuable; therefore, the more desirable. A similar option is to inject new scaled weapons that were previously discontinued. For instance, releasing a lv41 Agile Lifethief of Potency, in a limited run of 100. This would make it so that STS does not have to continually create and add new assets/resources to the game, since they could use the existing asset and just adjust the stats.

This would incentivize crate poppers, merchers and crate farmers alike.

Energizeric
04-29-2014, 02:08 PM
I have another idea...

How about charge a fee in gold to convert original founders/heraldic/crier sets to vanity. That would be something I'm sure many players would be willing to pay big money for.

Hiosahaf
04-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Limited time vanities is a better idea because, granted it pays out slowly compared to the NPC thing, but it has a sure shot boost of working the way it was desired. Plus, I would LOVE to see the DWS and ALP making an entry at each cap level each season (in limited numbers, from crates, with a nerfed drop rate)

So the suggestions which I (please don't mind my opinion) found to be awesome were: (Just summarising incase a Dev feels gracious to drop by)
- Limited time vanities.
- Conversion of 50K gold payout to 50 plat payout.
- Introduction of Season I gear for a limited time in a limited number at cap level.
- NPC selling vanities (not so enthusiastic about it. Fluff spoke really well regarding this topic)

For the minority player base (compared to the number of people I assume would be playing)
- Charging a fee in gold to convert original founders/heraldic/crier sets to vanity.

tharidom
04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I gave up on locks today I opened another 9 and then I decided to count all my locks opened more than 200 so if I have plat ill buy luck elixirs and sell those at least it earns gold and it doesnt make you go bankrupt.(no the 200locks only gave crap 5 eggs in total all ethyl best drop was 2k/100plat/100plat).

tharidom
04-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Sounds fun but the ending is predictable people like salesmaaaaaan and all of those others who spend loads of cash will start opening locks immediatly after the update and they will end up with all the stuff and get even more gold.

tharidom
04-29-2014, 05:52 PM
15mill so this still means the people who open all locks and have arcanes and myths can buy it but normal players cant?

Hiosahaf
04-30-2014, 02:21 AM
Thari does have a point there. . Maybe introducing a greater yet limited number of stuff?

j3peaz
04-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Didn't read everything but most of it. So we need a gold sink targeted for wealthy players. It is hard to give them something that no one else is going to strive for. It would have to be something others wouldn't want not so much what wealthy players want. Something to burn the excess gold without being a straight steal. Upon thinking of this, I was thinking perhaps adding a devaluing mechanism to a gear or vanity that the wealthy players need to continuously add gold to so as it doesn't reach the minimal value or to keep at maximum value. The value could be liquidation price, stats, procs, visual effects, etc. It seems complicated but at the sametime it would accomplish part of what we want and in turn give those with excess gold another new way to stand out. Maybe some tweaking to the idea is needed but I feel it is a good idea to explore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
04-30-2014, 10:59 AM
How a bout a Filthy Rich vanity that, as long as you continue to fund it, it has an animation of money falling out of your pockets, because you are, well, Filthy Rich :-)

tharidom
04-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Thats sounds cool then i would love to get 10mill.

Hiosahaf
05-01-2014, 06:16 AM
How a bout a Filthy Rich vanity that, as long as you continue to fund it, it has an animation of money falling out of your pockets, because you are, well, Filthy Rich :-)

Money has to be removed from the wallets of the whales. This won't affect the mega whales who control the vast economy of the game.. :|

Anarchial
05-01-2014, 06:33 AM
I love this idea of fuelling a super duper rare vanity..much like feeding your pet..you dont feed your vanity it becomes just a plain vanity..and if you feed it super cool animations..but on the other hand I dont think it will be a huge gold sink rather just a minor one. I do have another idea, i.e. making locked crates openable at 25-30k . But I think this would hamper plat sales but I think in the long run this shouldnt affect because at some point of time gold will eventually run out and then back to plat.

Clerious
05-01-2014, 08:33 AM

See our game arcane legends is quiets different than the ones I play, in AL the items that are common are usually sold faster,means they are sold at a less price, whereas the items that hav expired like the ghastly scythe worth 13 million gold .
Whatever is common is sold cheaply,rare ones are sold at high prices
I myself as a merchant , am telling u from my own experience

Clerious
05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Even if u see dragonite bar was like 10 ill ion worth when it came first in auc , now if use it's pretty cheap like 1.099million at the least price even 1m can get u one

Nitexx
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM
So, anything that stays and the game and doesn't leave, is Not a sink. If a vanity can be bought and sold by players, all it does is move money around.

The Elixirs in crates ARE a gold sink. Well, they are in fact a gold/ platinum sink, since it requires both gold to buy the crate and plat to open it. But it results in an elixir that will at some point Leave the economy. Instead of money, I think it's a good strategy by STS to introduce gold purchasable consumables like this.

Instead of a 50k or more payout, introduce a tradable Combo elixir too! Since the primary use of plat is to open crates, no sense letting play only players have all the fun with exclusive elixirs. Just my opinion.

Energizeric
05-01-2014, 03:04 PM
The Elixirs in crates ARE a gold sink. Well, they are in fact a gold/ platinum sink, since it requires both gold to buy the crate and plat to open it. But it results in an elixir that will at some point Leave the economy. Instead of money, I think it's a good strategy by STS to introduce gold purchasable consumables like this.

Elixirs are NOT a gold sink. Gold sink means that gold is leaving the economy. When someone loots a gold sink and sells it, all the happens is that gold transfers from one player to another. And the gold that is spent on purchasing the locked crates is also just gold transferring from one player to another.

A gold sink is something that causes the gold to be spent buying something that is NOT being sold by another player, like potions or pet feeding, or buying the arcane ring recipe.

falmear
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Add fees to any player to player trades which use gold like the auction house.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 03:31 PM
See our game arcane legends is quiets different than the ones I play, in AL the items that are common are usually sold faster,means they are sold at a less price, whereas the items that hav expired like the ghastly scythe worth 13 million gold .
Whatever is common is sold cheaply,rare ones are sold at high prices
I myself as a merchant , am telling u from my own experience

You forgot to consider a factor - usage. Once it was second best weapon, it was worth 18 mil. Now its just a bit better than a cheap and easily obtained expedition gun. So, if people sell it for 10 mil+ and buy the gun, they are just weakened a bit and still save the money. It leads to "not many people wants it anymore", making it fall in price.
Another example and not discontinued - kershal scepter. It was worth 80 mil and maintain that price for kinda long time, then the thread about charged attack and proc of it pumped up, people then realized it is "not so good anymore" so it fell down to price. Now after another expansion came, a cheap weapon as mentioned above is somewhat kinda good, making the staff somewhat a bit less useful so it fell in price, again. It is hard to explain how the staff is less useful in the way you can easily understand because its still best.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Add fees to any player to player trades which use gold like the auction house.

I agree, this is brilliant! There's only one flaw: it completely screws over anyone that doesn't have money. What if a new player looted an arcane shard but never in a million years would they have the gold to sell it for what they want. He really has no choice but to keep it.

The other flaw is transferring gold between alts, you would actually lose money transferring.

So, do you have any solutions for these two flaws?

falmear
05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I agree, this is brilliant! There's only one flaw: it completely screws over anyone that doesn't have money. What if a new player looted an arcane shard but never in a million years would they have the gold to sell it for what they want. He really has no choice but to keep it.

The other flaw is transferring gold between alts, you would actually lose money transferring.

So, do you have any solutions for these two flaws?

I have shard, you have 80m. I add shard to trade window, you add 80m. I get 75,999,900, you get shard. Tax man gets 4,000,100. Which is the fee for selling something for 80m in CS for 12 hours. So anytime you add any gold to the trade window, a fee is deducted. Yes transferring gold between alts is a problem but thats why story tokens for multiple chars are available now. You don't need separate alts anymore. You should be able to keep your stuff in your stash or on your alts connected to one account.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I have shard, you have 80m. I add shard to trade window, you add 80m. I get 75,999,900, you get shard. Tax man gets 4,000,100. Which is the fee for selling something for 80m in CS for 12 hours. So anytime you add any gold to the trade window, a fee is deducted. Yes transferring gold between alts is a problem but thats why story tokens for multiple chars are available now. You don't need separate alts anymore. You should be able to keep your stuff in your stash or on your alts connected to one account.

Then this is a great solution! :)

They should however warn people before implementing this so people with alts can transfer gold as needed.

Energizeric
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Not a bad idea at all. I do however think that this tax should be lower than the auction fee. Part of the auction fee is the advertising of the item to a large audience. Only part of it is really a tax. So perhaps this tax should be 2% or 3% (the auction is 5% + listing fee)

Hiosahaf
05-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Not a bad idea at all. I do however think that this tax should be lower than the auction fee. Part of the auction fee is the advertising of the item to a large audience. Only part of it is really a tax. So perhaps this tax should be 2% or 3% (the auction is 5% + listing fee)

And this tax be imposed only on trades amounting 500k+? (Just a number. We don't want the new players at a disadvantage)

Newcomx
05-01-2014, 08:34 PM
If u want free flow economy, don't add tax, because this game is not real life when the government put the tax back into the people. In this game, is not. Unless STS want to subsidize poor player :))

falmear
05-01-2014, 09:04 PM
And this tax be imposed only on trades amounting 500k+? (Just a number. We don't want the new players at a disadvantage)

I thought of this but the downside is this allows another way to scam someone. Since people will try to subvert the fee. And a scammer can say lets do multiple trades below 500k, either they try to scam 500k from you or get you to add your item to the trade window and they get it for 500k. So the only way it will work and avoid people getting scammed is to have a fee at all levels.

falmear
05-01-2014, 09:12 PM
If u want free flow economy, don't add tax, because this game is not real life when the government put the tax back into the people. In this game, is not. Unless STS want to subsidize poor player :))

CS already has a tax its called a listing fee. Serves no purpose beyond to suck gold out of the economy. This is the same thing. Right now there is no fee for trades done between two players where gold is used. So if people want a gold sink that will work now and in the future, this is the most obvious. Because a lot of high end items by wealthy players are traded between people and don't go through CS. As I said in another thread it would be wildly unpopular but in my opinion would be the best gold sink. The other issue would be that this would require a client change so this mostly wishful thinking.

extrapayah
05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
what if it is trading between things? how this 'tax' thing should work?

idk, but for me potions consumption already too much for me, so no need for another 'gold sink' which can effect everyone...

anyway, removal of 50k gold from locked successfully reduced the flow from wealthy ones to normal players, thank you for anyone who's suggesting this...

well for me suitable gold sinks should be vanities, more vanities, and/or more character visual customization. it will be a fair gold sink for everyone.

thank you

falmear
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
what if it is trading between things? how this 'tax' thing should work?

1) Lets say you trade 2 locked crates for 1 kettle egg. Then there is no fee added because no gold was traded
2) Lets say you trade 1 hammerjaw + 1m gold for 1 glacian. The fee is calculated on 1m gold.
3) Lets say you trade 80m gold for 1 arcane shard. The fee is calculated on 80m gold.

So as you can see any gold you add to the trade window gets a fee applied to it. Could be the same as the fee in CS or some other fee. Also these are just examples and by no means accurate in terms of value. People do person to person trades because they are avoiding the fees in CS which is a gold sink and even though its "advertising" so is standing around saying you have something for sale or posting in forums.

Alhuntrazeck
05-02-2014, 02:08 AM
What I'd like is a fiery vanity that leaves small flames behind you as you walk (obviously disappearing after a second or so), like the magmatic weapons do for smoke. This would be sold by an NPC. It would cost 20 million and requires 5 elite golden dragonscale chests to craft. Untradeable. So the rich dudes get to look good; this would also encourage farming. Just an idea!

Another thing I'd like is a battle arena for guilds. It should have 3 different types - Duel, Death Match and Capture the Flag. In it, guildmates can train against each other; guild contests (like the one about to be held by EOS) can be held here, and maybe even a guild can be invited to join - though this might be too complicated. The arena would cost, say, 10m - NO PLAT PLEASE - and can be contributed by all members so the guild master doesn't need to spend it all.The money collection could be made like a collective guild stash.

The gold sink opportunity also provides vast opportunities for guild improvement. We could purchase guild mailboxes, where you can send mails to anyone in the guild who's offline, a guild message board where officers and the GM can post messages for the guild, more guild themes available for purchase with gold, and the list goes on...

VenomsChaos
05-02-2014, 06:09 AM
%99 selling my items in auc but still not agree with trade gold sink, also not agreeing lover than 500 k will be help scammers... as allways scammer can scamm nothing changeing.. just a warn on opening screen if players still trusting its theys problem...

new vanitys, new pets " or plat sale achivement needed pets " can be sale with gold some weekends.... jaw like 600 k right now, i think sts can do a pet like that and sell it 250 plat at another a npc can sell it to 1 mil gold " untradedable "... 1 arcane egg sell it to 5 mil, a great looks vanity sell it to 20 mil.. rich ppls need silk and they will buy this vanitys pets..

New Arena Enter worth 5 k gold... ( small step for the sink and its will worth to waste 5 k every run "

guild hall stuffs cute or cool looks things in guild hall for decorate " pls only sell it with gold or make a new type chest and open cost 10 k .. this chest can giwe decorate items and new rare pets "

guild hall boss, sell summon ticket 50k in store...every summon cost 50 k and if 1 have ticket, other team members dont need buy ticket... and this boss can drop a pet only way to earn farm this boss...

make a mythic ring for 1 season upgradedable to lvl 46, when there a new cap upgrade it with 5-10 mil + quest... also sell this ring for 5-10 mil at lvl 41... dont do it on every mythic, only 1 item enought for it each season ( right now there a 41 arcane ring thats why i said mythic ring this season ) mythics cant upgradedable lvl now and there still dont have a new mythic, if sts going to add a new mythic item cant upgrade to 46 <<< avarage players will try wait new season items because season geting old and still not a new item for they...

example if new lvl 41 mythic arm helmet comes weeks later, first rich ppls will buy it for 30-40+ mil, and near season end avarage players can buy it but i think they will not waste 20+ mil for a nearly end season item, probably they will wait new season mythics and hope to new items on begining of season... i think more player mind will be like this " my old items enought, better save gold and wait new season items because season will over soon and i earn that 20+ mil in 6-8 month... better dont waste it now " but its upgradedable with 5+ mil, they will buy it than on upgrade a great gold sink..

guild pvp ctf <<< sell a unlocker cost 100 k..

if this game need a gold sink and if StS accepting it, they should do samething new for only gold " not plat " and there so many way to do a gold sink...

Bigboyblue
05-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Don't tax trades. STS is a game company, not the government lol. I play this game to do something I can't irl. If we start getting taxed on our trades it's too much like the government taxing me lol. It's one thing in life that truly sucks. Don't do this STS. Just don't.

Also, this is a horrible way to treat anyone without gold. A gold sink needs to focus solely on the wealthy. This targets all players. Also, it should add some value to their game play to make people happy. Just grabbing your gold from you when you trade will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

VenomsChaos
05-02-2014, 06:15 AM
and want to add, if sts dont have time for new design for gold sink, just sell baby singe / baby samael... drop statu wery little and drop the original pet size... and sell it on store to 5 mil...

Energizeric
05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Don't tax trades. STS is a game company, not the government lol. I play this game to do something I can't irl. If we start getting taxed on our trades it's too much like the government taxing me lol. It's one thing in life that truly sucks. Don't do this STS. Just don't.

Also, this is a horrible way to treat anyone without gold. A gold sink needs to focus solely on the wealthy. This targets all players. Also, it should add some value to their game play to make people happy. Just grabbing your gold from you when you trade will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

I'm sure the towns in Arlor need money for upkeep of the roads, portals, etc. Who do you think keeps the beach in Paradise Pier from eroding? Who oils the cannons in Kraag? Who cleans up the trash? Who cleans the blood off the floor of the Gladiator Arena?

I'm sure the towns in the world of Arlor need tax revenue just like any other place! :P

wvhills
05-02-2014, 03:32 PM
give me ur extra gold if u need gold sinks.
plz sirs.

Bigboyblue
05-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm sure the towns in Arlor need money for upkeep of the roads, portals, etc. Who do you think keeps the beach in Paradise Pier from eroding? Who oils the cannons in Kraag? Who cleans up the trash? Who cleans the blood off the floor of the Gladiator Arena?

I'm sure the towns in the world of Arlor need tax revenue just like any other place! :P

The npcs have to pony money up to their overlords. I can only assume they own property which must be taxed. Some sell goods that should be taxed. Some should be taxed for allowing them to blurt out random sayings. Tax the npcs I say!

Z
05-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Money has to be removed from the wallets of the whales. This won't affect the mega whales who control the vast economy of the game.. :|

You mean like welfare? No thanks

Z
05-02-2014, 03:56 PM

There is no possible way to just affect one source (wealthy) not fair and just plain bad idea, it has to be something that will affect everyone equally. Plus whatever is done is gonna have another group crying. So with that being said if you cant keep up with the richer folks get over it and find other aspects 9f this game you enjoy.

Energizeric
05-02-2014, 04:08 PM
There is no possible way to just affect one source (wealthy) not fair and just plain bad idea, it has to be something that will affect everyone equally. Plus whatever is done is gonna have another group crying. So with that being said if you cant keep up with the richer folks get over it and find other aspects 9f this game you enjoy.

Wrong. All you have to do is sell something from an NPC for gold. Have it be a very expensive item, like a mythic item. Perhaps the next mythic amulet or something like that. It will be a luxury item that only the rich players will wish to buy, and so it will NOT be a tax, but instead will just be a way to cause some money from the wealthy players to leave the game in return for an item that they want to have. It will be an optional purchase, so nobody will need to be upset.

Bigboyblue
05-02-2014, 04:18 PM

Add a purchasable item that wealthy players want to buy. There you have it, gold sink that makes people happy. Only affects those with money. Win all around. To be completely truthful I don't care if a gold sink is added or not. I know that lots of players would like to see one though. My comments are just an attempt to have it implemented in a proper manner. I don't want to see something come into the game that will discourage players. I think its a great game and want to see it thrive.

Also I enjoy the game greatly. Its a solid mmo that keeps me entertained. I can hold my own in pve which is what I like to do. Nothing for me to get over.

Z
05-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Wrong. All you have to do is sell something from an NPC for gold. Have it be a very expensive item, like a mythic item. Perhaps the next mythic amulet or something like that. It will be a luxury item that only the rich players will wish to buy, and so it will NOT be a tax, but instead will just be a way to cause some money from the wealthy players to leave the game in return for an item that they want to have. It will be an optional purchase, so nobody will need to be upset.

And you guys think this would make everyone happy? Lol it would just cause more of an uproar. "See sts favors its big spenders blah blah blah" "why not make it farmable blah blah blah" cmon guys try again

Z
05-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Make sure youre completly right before telling me im wrong, thanks

Dill1sHere
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
And you guys think this would make everyone happy? Lol it would just cause more of an uproar. "See sts favors its big spenders blah blah blah" "why not make it farmable blah blah blah" cmon guys try again

You realise he said "gold" and not "plat" right?
The whole farming thing is pointless to fight against STS.... Farm the money to buy the item, boom.
Everyone is happy and no plat spent, so no favoring people.

Z
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
My idea, it maybe be wrong as well, I know it got out of hand in pl but 2x elixirs for decent amount of gold, but offering exclusive items to the rich? No. Just no.

Z
05-02-2014, 04:53 PM
You realise he said "gold" and not "plat" right?
The whole farming thing is pointless to fight against STS.... Farm the money to buy the item, boom.
Everyone is happy and no plat spent, so no favoring people.

Yes I know. But 95% of the rich, are big spenders of plat.

Newcomx
05-04-2014, 11:09 PM
If STS want gold sink, add Value Added Tax for every upgraded goods and services (stash, etc), Income Tax, Luxury Goods Tax.... =))

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 11:39 PM

Yes, people will complain. But these are the same people who just do not use their brain...

It really does not matter which items you can farm for and which you cannot. Most of the time, farming for a specific item is a dumb and inefficient approach to playing the game. The SMART thing to do is to farm for what is worth the most gold, then sell the loot you get, and buy the items you want. So it does not really matter which items you can farm for and which you cannot. It places no limitations on anyone. The important thing is that there are items you can farm for that are valuable.

So the time to complain is when there is nothing good to farm for. Right now there are items you can farm for that sell for 1m+, and if you count the items that come in Elite Golden Chests (which can also be farmed for), then the most expensive items in the game can be farmed for. So that is all you need.

Hiosahaf
05-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I read it all and the best features I thought were:
-Limited crate vanities (3k or so. Can backfire though)
- The NPC thing and introduction of discontinued weapons..
~
Basically I am against crate popping and I do feel that they should eradicated, removed, banished, poofed from the game forever.. STS should do it once they have a bigger base! But right now, their major earner is their biggest bet at the gold sink. It's just that the dmg elixir was.. not so good for a replacement.

j3peaz
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
What if u could spend gold to covert normal chests to elites?

j3peaz
05-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I posted this on a similar thread in suggestions
Make an event to open crates with gold couple times a season

Of course there would be an over saturation of loots after that which would have an adverse effect but it would also take a lot of gold out of economy and lower prices for certain items and exchange a lot of gold. Those with a gold surplus would have the greatest chance of getting the most of it but it would also let casual players either open for gear or sell to the highest bidder. The gold would trickle down. The adverse effect would be an abundance of useless gear for a long period of time but if later in the season new gear was injected it would spice things up. Also the ones that make out on opening a lot of crates would have a nice stash of coveted items which they might try to sell for a premium after the event, but one could argue the surplus in the economy would drive the pric down due to supply and demand.

I don't know much about economics or the economy of al but if they did this with advance announcement and towards end of a season I think many people would be happy

Energizeric
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
I think STS wants to avoid having people gamble with their gold. Back in seasons 1 & 2, before locked crates existed, I can remember some players spending all of their gold on elite golden chests only to strike out and not loot the best items, and then they quit the game in rage because they had nothing left. Spending your plat in this manor does not produce the same result since you still have all your items and gold and there is still motivation to try even if you did not loot a good item.

When you spend plat, you are gambling your real life money and not your money in the game. When you gamble your gold in the game, you run the risk of getting angry and quitting.