PDA

View Full Version : Please exclude low level pvp from the CTF CAPTURE UPDATE.

epicrrr
04-29-2014, 07:46 AM
It has resulted in flag playing chaos among my guildies, friends and random player at CTF 10-12, CALL it free flagging we call it a way of playing, on many occasion it has cause frustration, both guildies got the flag question is who will go out? or will they duel? talk about harmony will the other guildies let them have the kill for the flag? will we do alternate flagging? I can hold the flag have 4 of my guildies in my team and the room will never end.. Guildwar scenario which the only way to end room was to flag 5.. but a blocker has the flag, how will that promote competitive 5v5 CAPTURE THE FLAG? This update has so many unforeseen drawbacks.. I understand that people just flag to get that 10k ap for a TOP player lb position but for so many of us, it is how we play and enjoy this game.

So many 41 has been asking for a competitive 5v5 i say let them have this CTF update only, as for us low level we dont want it.

scarysmerf
04-29-2014, 08:50 AM
The new ctf was made so u have to work as a team since u have ur own flag for the winn.thats just how it works now dont get mad just work harder.

Doomreaper
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
^^^ except no one WANTS to work as a team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lordmrarcanex
04-29-2014, 09:29 AM
It has resulted in flag playing chaos among my guildies, friends and random player at CTF 10-12, CALL it free flagging we call it a way of playing, on many occasion it has cause frustration, both guildies got the flag question is who will go out? or will they duel? talk about harmony will the other guildies let them have the kill for the flag? will we do alternate flagging? I can hold the flag have 4 of my guildies in my team and the room will never end.. Guildwar scenario which the only way to end room was to flag 5.. but a blocker has the flag, how will that promote competitive 5v5 CAPTURE THE FLAG? This update has so many unforeseen drawbacks.. I understand that people just flag to get that 10k ap for a TOP player lb position but for so many of us, it is how we play and enjoy this game.

So many 41 has been asking for a competitive 5v5 i say let them have this CTF update only, as for us low level we dont want it.

I support you Epicr. Please change this update.

Xeusx
04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
This is the real CTF -_- not a guild war (killing) with blocker..

epicrrr
04-29-2014, 09:40 AM
41 flagging and low-level flagging is way different it has become a nuisance, when both guildmates has the flag, and some noob dropping off the flag at another dimension you can never find.

Zylx
04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Ctf is ctf at lvl 41, and ctf is ctf at lvl 3. It shouldnt be separated because most of the people who complain about it are end-game pvpers. If you are into PvP at lvl 41, then you are an end-game twink. One specific level of twinking shouldnt be praised afore the others. If you can't keep up with the lower levels, then you can't keep up.

Energizeric
04-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Sorry, but I really have to laugh at this post. CTF is a specific game and that was its intended purpose. Apparently you like making different rules and playing the game in some other weird way. If this was a basketball video game, I suppose you could say that instead of shooting the ball through the hoop you like to jump through the hoop yourself and that is how you enjoy playing. But I doubt that would persuade the company who makes the game to make that be the purpose of the game.

The purpose of CTF is to see which team can reach 5 flags first while also stopping the other team from scoring 5 flags. That is what "Capture the Flag" is about. The current rules change does not change its intended purpose and if anything it forces players to focus on that intended purpose.

Madxnoob
04-29-2014, 03:00 PM
I Love this update, it makes people switch sides to help their team mate if they want to score so it kinda limits the blocking, or I can just hold the flag forever and the game neverends! 0mg, I LoVE IT! Now find away to make a 1vs1 arens that dummy farmers cant cheat in. Ty STS! <3 :banana::banana: IGN: Secretservice: Level 10

Kellhus
04-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Flagging aps are for noobs. And extremely bored people. Should just do away with them or keep only up to 1k flag aps. Personally i think anything to eliminate flaggers from the game is good. It's not as if it's a challenge to run from A to B with a flag, esp when no one else is paying attention to you. It should be a challenge to ctf and you should have to fight others. This isn't sugar land where everyone plays with kids gloves and takes turns flagging...its CTF.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk

Theillist1
04-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Before this rule was implemented, it was the first CTF EVER you could tie. PvP is supposed to be a war of two teams. No one wants to see a tie. This isnt T-ball, where all the little boys and girls 'win'. If we actually played CTF how your supposed to you wouldnt worry about a guildy grabbing the flag, CAUSE HE WOULD BE ON YOUR TEAM!
Anyway THANX STS for the new ctf rule! I hope to see more!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Nostek
04-29-2014, 11:53 PM
:o someone has to die to flag? omg!

Arpluvial
04-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Hey guys! I moved this to AL Suggestions and Feedback. :)

Xeusx
04-29-2014, 11:57 PM
-_-

Lordmrarcanex
04-30-2014, 02:42 AM

Thank You :) please remove this update. People who complain about this post not playin ctf i think....:)

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 12:10 PM

Im with Epicr 100% I personally encourage you i want the same thing raging about it.

Crazymobkiller
04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Agreed!!!! Exclude low level from this update!!!
Its causing everyone to rage, make drama thus breaking friendships and alliances which makes pvp more boring and I feel like a robot while flagging

ItsGhostu
04-30-2014, 12:39 PM

Yes! Please do your best with removing that update..Low levels different pvp then main pvp:)

Madnex
04-30-2014, 01:34 PM
LOL excuse me if we interrupted your free flagging! How dare they they promote playing CTF as it's supposed to be played!

Serancha
04-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Problem with flag leaderboards: Exhibit A

If they take out the rule for low level pvp, they would need to exclude said levels from the leaderboards, if/when they ever fix them.

Riptank
04-30-2014, 01:51 PM

Lol special treatment?. So you want to let the low level only have the greater opportunity to be in the leader board while end gamers don't? Thumbs up for this update, they made the CTF how it suppose to be. I suggest you should read the description of CTF Capture first.
What about level 13 to 26 + twinks what are your plans for them?

Peace

UndeadJudge
04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Lol special treatment?. So you want to let the low level only have the greater opportunity to be in the leader board while end gamers don't? Thumbs up for this update, they made the CTF how it suppose to be. I suggest you should read the description of CTF Capture first.
What about level 13 to 26 + twinks what are your plans for them?

Peace

We don't flag in 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madxnoob
04-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Its funny seeing only epicr guild mates agree, baha, funny sts put a huge dent in your blocking and flagging strategies. Now lets plat CTF and stop farming dummies please. I want to see dummy farmers come to an end next, surely theres away to see they kill the same name over and over or same IP or something. Anyway, have a great mythic weekend :banana:

epicrrr
05-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Well to all who wants to flag 10k or reach lb, LB.. pinnacle of CTF, grind slow

Its funny
seeing only epicr guild mates agree, baha, funny sts put a huge dent in your blocking and flagging strategies. Now lets plat CTF and stop farming dummies please. I want to see dummy farmers come to an end next, surely theres away to see they kill the same name over and over or same IP or something. Anyway, have a great mythic weekend :banana:

Not really dent, but i hope you widen your perspective.

Instanthumor
05-01-2014, 03:15 AM
They should also exclude lower levels from the leaderboards too. In the PvP section, about a third of them are a bunch of unworthy kill-farmers that is a factor to our corrupt leaderboards.

epicrrr
05-01-2014, 04:30 AM
They should also exclude lower levels from the leaderboards too. In the PvP section, about a third of them are a bunch of unworthy kill-farmers that is a factor to our corrupt leaderboards.

Not our problem youre not in it.

ItsGhostu
05-01-2014, 10:21 AM

If ur so jealous of low levels how most of them are on lb why dont u make one ? and please stay out of our problems.

STS please try to fix the new update about ctf capture. Players are raging and dont know whats happening in the room ..need reply ASAP.

Instanthumor
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Not our problem youre not in it.

Changing flag update for twinks? Not no one else's problem. Deal with it :)

Riptank
05-01-2014, 01:01 PM
If ur so jealous of low levels how most of them are on lb why dont u make one ? and please stay out of our problems.

STS please try to fix the new update about ctf capture. Players are raging and dont know whats happening in the room ..need reply ASAP.

Let us put it this way, CTF CAPTURE was not made for TWINK ONLY. I can see that most player raging are those who play lvl 12 and below - Dummy killer zone. xD

supersyan
05-01-2014, 01:18 PM
interesting read cheating in online games . Twinking is cheating?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games

Morholt
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Although I don't support the idea of ever changing things in how a game works just to please low lvl duelers/twinks, I will agree the update is annoying in low lvl ctf.

I had recently found it fun to make a lvl 15 mage to play guildless and shock people, "who is this random mage that is slapping my face off my face?!" The downside, though, is win I attempt to flag...especially if I step into a match with a bunch of people in the same twink guild. I often find myself holding the flag in my base until I die, as no one on the team is attempting to work as a team and return ours. And the flag's effects drains a low mage's health quickly.
The only change in ctf should perhaps be a scaling of how much health the carrier loses. Other than that...this is how ctf should really be. When I first played ctf in AL, I was shocked to see that I could score while my own flag was stolen!

If you want to actually flag, go play at a higher lvl.
If you want to PvP at a low lvl, then play tdm or just kill each other in the ctf map, if you really like that map layout.
It's that simple.
This game isn't meant to be played at such low lvls. Otherwise, no expansions would ever come up.
Heck, lvl 8 pvp?! The lvl cap was never even that low!

UndeadJudge
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM

Zzz Im sick of ppl saying this. Okay, some are kill farmers. But why are twinks considered farmers? I mean, think about it. Who wants to level an alt AND a dummy to 41? Now all the hard-working twinks on the lb have their reputation slandered as a kill farmer just because they're twinks.

But @ this thread, PvP is meant to kill enemy team. Not all these little ally things. And if you got a prob, dont join a game against other guildies.

MetalForce
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Ughhh... Don't cry because you have to fight someone in a 800 member guild that's friends with your 800 member guild. That's the kind of crap mentality that makes twin lvl PvP so boring

hozukreti
05-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Agreed with this thread

Zynzyn
05-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Several of my twinks play low level pvp ( lvl 12-15) and I would like to disagree with the OP. This is a good rule and its a move towards discouraging free flagging. I support sts's new ctf rule. The game is "capture" the flag so we need to steal the flag and make efforts to play ctf like its meant to be and avoid boring free flagging. This new system can be further improved and teamplay will be encouraged if sts gives team members an incentive for working as a team to capture the flag. For example a ctf games (won as a team) record. Neither low levels nor endgamers should be excluded from this new ctf system.

Doobiez
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
My only problem with update is the flag ap got harder but everything else is good there's always one person that's butthurt at the end of every update 👀

Doobiez
05-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Ughhh... Don't cry because you have to fight someone in a 800 member guild that's friends with your 800 member guild. That's the kind of crap mentality that makes twin lvl PvP so boring
That's what I'm saying👍

epicrrr
05-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Well, my flag count is not really the issue hence i dont see the topic as being selfish for low-levels or for anyone.. its everyones else im worried about. Anyway goodluck with flagging everyone. I've learn to cope with this update

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I have a suggestion:

Instead of making it so that you can't score a flag when the other team is holding their flag, they should make it so that you cannot pick up the flag when the other team has their flag. That way nobody is left holding the flag unable to score it. Instead, when the other team tries to pick up the flag, it won't let them unless they kill the flag carrier, or the flag carrier scores first.

I think this would help the situation somewhat while still encouraging CTF to be played properly.

Zeus
05-04-2014, 10:06 PM

AKA: I moved it to a place where nobody will read such a silly suggestion.

epicrrr
05-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I have a suggestion:

Instead of making it so that you can't score a flag when the other team is holding their flag, they should make it so that you cannot pick up the flag when the other team has their flag. That way nobody is left holding the flag unable to score it. Instead, when the other team tries to pick up the flag, it won't let them unless they kill the flag carrier, or the flag carrier scores first.

I think this would help the situation somewhat while still encouraging CTF to be played properly.

THIS is really worth looking into and testing out, i do hope STS read his suggestion I think this is a lot better.

Caabatric
08-06-2014, 03:12 PM
I Love this update, it makes people switch sides to help their team mate if they want to score so it kinda limits the blocking, or I can just hold the flag forever and the game neverends! 0mg, I LoVE IT! Now find away to make a 1vs1 arens that dummy farmers cant cheat in. Ty STS! <3 :banana::banana: IGN: Secretservice: Level 10
Agreed Go 1v1 arena.

fiftyonecents
08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Sorry, but I really have to laugh at this post. CTF is a specific game and that was its intended purpose. Apparently you like making different rules and playing the game in some other weird way. If this was a basketball video game, I suppose you could say that instead of shooting the ball through the hoop you like to jump through the hoop yourself and that is how you enjoy playing. But I doubt that would persuade the company who makes the game to make that be the purpose of the game.

The purpose of CTF is to see which team can reach 5 flags first while also stopping the other team from scoring 5 flags. That is what "Capture the Flag" is about. The current rules change does not change its intended purpose and if anything it forces players to focus on that intended purpose.

Sorry ''Energizeric'' but you made a solid point in my opinion, sorry to the guy who created this weird thread so here goes my comment......

Hahahahahahahahahhahhahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Okay im done now. Have a good day in Pvp everyone.

lowratehitman
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Let us put it this way, CTF CAPTURE was not made for TWINK ONLY. I can see that most player raging are those who play lvl 12 and below - Dummy killer zone. xD
Hmmm you say its dummy farm kill for lvl12. Come and play with us. It won't be dummy farming because you'll be playing with lvl13-14 most of the time. You'll rarely get a lvl12 below CTF game. Lvl10 and down are dummy farming.