PDA

View Full Version : CTF Tournament? L41 Players?

Zeus
04-29-2014, 06:17 PM
I was wondering...would there be any interest in this for L41 players?

We had one for the L36 cap: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120886-Battle-of-the-Greats-L36-AL-CTF-Tournament&highlight=battle+greats

I've been thinking to make another. All players are welcome to enter as long as they have a team of atleast 5 players. Additionally, this is a tournament...not some guildwars, so please keep the guild vs guild drama OUT!

Ellysius
04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd like to try,if i get some people.

Zeus
04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Well, try to get teams together now if possible and let me know if you have a team! This way, I can have some sort of judgement on how many slots to make for the tournament.

Ellysius
04-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Okay,i'll let you know Hades.

Zeus
04-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Okay,i'll let you know Hades.

I don't have Hades. :(

Ellysius
04-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Poseidon?Ares?Dionysus? lol

Zeus
04-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Poseidon?Ares?Dionysus? lol

I gave Ares away. I know who has Dionysus in this game. Fortunately, I do have Poseidon and Apollo!

keikali
04-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Parf.

Zeus
04-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Parf.

Yes Kei?

keikali
04-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes Kei?

Hi.

Zeus
04-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi.

Hi!

Now, will you be lol@pvp for this or participating? :p

Zapix
04-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Sounds fun.

Xenobiotic
04-29-2014, 07:38 PM
He's obviously gonna

Lol@pvp

Parf, jeez man. Thought you would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amirfk12
04-29-2014, 07:56 PM
I'd love to be in too. I'll look for a team, but otherwise some people who are interested can band together here if that's ok..

Zeus
04-29-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd love to be in too. I'll look for a team, but otherwise some people who are interested can band together here if that's ok..

If they're up to it, I don't have any objections besides the fact that I need players who are committed. I want to make the reward something big, so...if I keep having to DQ players because they don't show up, it won't be a very fun tournament. :/

Alhuntrazeck
04-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I likies, I likies very much.

Demreb Superal
04-29-2014, 08:32 PM
yah we need new map on PVP CTF and TDM are boring now ehehehe

Xenobiotic
04-29-2014, 08:33 PM
I likies, I likies very much.

I hope Zeus one shots you.

Prahasit Prahi
04-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm in.

amirfk12
04-29-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm sure a lot of people would not like this idea, but what if all we did was sign up, then have the teams assigned randomly? (though sorted by type, so you have enough tanks, mages, rogues, etc)

Zeus
04-29-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm sure a lot of people would not like this idea, but what if all we did was sign up, then have the teams assigned randomly? (though sorted by type, so you have enough tanks, mages, rogues, etc)

There's a few issues with that:

1. Time Zones. Getting together 10 players for one match is already hard enough when they're your friends playing on a time zone. How brutal would it be to try to get together randoms? Tough!
2. Players might not want to cooperate if they get a player they dislike.

So, what I am going to do is allow y'all to do what you want in regards to teams. Additionally, in regards to teams being too OP, I will have an arcane item limit per team and that no player will be allowed to wear two arcanes at once. On top of that, arcane pets will not be allowed. Mythic and legendary pets are fine.

So, I will not be excluding players!

Alhuntrazeck
04-29-2014, 08:51 PM

Comes with the territory.

Instanthumor
04-29-2014, 09:05 PM
I challenge y'all naked.

Fear
04-29-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm so down to do this.

samuraisoul
04-29-2014, 11:35 PM

I hope for this * grabs popcorn*

samuraisoul
04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
There's a few issues with that:

1. Time Zones. Getting together 10 players for one match is already hard enough when they're your friends playing on a time zone. How brutal would it be to try to get together randoms? Tough!
2. Players might not want to cooperate if they get a player they dislike.

So, what I am going to do is allow y'all to do what you want in regards to teams. Additionally, in regards to teams being too OP, I will have an arcane item limit per team and that no player will be allowed to wear two arcanes at once. On top of that, arcane pets will not be allowed. Mythic and legendary pets are fine.

So, I will not be excluding players!

Apollo, if you need translation for this to spanish would be great, last time i noticed spanish speaking guilds were making a "tournament" (not like i care) but they didnt have the support of STS, made me feel bad about them :/

Daddyblu
04-30-2014, 12:48 AM
I challenge y'all naked.

LOL yah who want to challenge our naked team! you can wear any arcane you want :)

Endkey
04-30-2014, 05:20 AM
parf make some rules ya know...we dont want 5 tanks or Op teams...balanced games for more fun..

famousfame
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Where do I sign?

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Zeus
04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Apollo, if you need translation for this to spanish would be great, last time i noticed spanish speaking guilds were making a "tournament" (not like i care) but they didnt have the support of STS, made me feel bad about them :/

I'm pretty much going to copy and paste the rules from the previous tournament, so once I review last tournament's rules, can you translate that to spanish please?

@End
Already done!

@Famous
I'll post a sign up thread later today!

Bless
04-30-2014, 09:30 AM
No arcane? It is for everyone..

samuraisoul
04-30-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm pretty much going to copy and paste the rules from the previous tournament, so once I review last tournament's rules, can you translate that to spanish please?

cool, let me know, i actually can join some of the other guilds to let them know, would be awesometo have new ppl joining CTF :)

pm when ready

samuraisoul
04-30-2014, 09:53 AM
*cough*make tournament ego-free*cough*

Zeus
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Exactly, it is for everybody, including arcane players. If we exclude them, who is going to buy gear just to play and how is it actually going to be a tournament?

So, this is where my rules from the previous tournament come into play:
• 2-3 arcanes per team (I'll decide on wether it's 2 or 3 arcanes later)
• A single player cannot be wearing more than one arcane
• No arcane rings. I will be picking a suitable ring that everybody MUST wear as a standard. Thus, mythic rings will not be allowed either. Why is this rule implemented? To those who do have arcane rings, picking up a 3m ring is easier said than done. So, I will be requiring players to wear a specific ring, perhaps a winterstar ring of warfare.

Hectororius
04-30-2014, 11:35 AM
If you make it a naked CTF with epic weapon only then it would be interesting to see how the strategies play out.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 12:00 PM
If you make it a naked CTF with epic weapon only then it would be interesting to see how the strategies play out.

The strategies are that everybody would run out of mana before they could kill a warrior, so it's not really a strategy. :/

Me and Instant have already been through this before with PvP Legend of the Week

Bless
04-30-2014, 12:27 PM

Exactly, it is for everybody, including arcane players. If we exclude them, who is going to buy gear just to play and how is it actually going to be a tournament?

• No arcane rings. I will be picking a suitable ring that everybody MUST wear as a standard. Thus, mythic rings will not be allowed either. Why is this rule implemented? To those who do have arcane rings, picking up a 3m ring is easier said than done. So, I will be requiring players to wear a specific ring, perhaps a winterstar ring of warfare. Cool. I'd limit to 3 arcanes exc. Arcane ring.

Instanthumor
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM

• No arcane rings. I will be picking a suitable ring that everybody MUST wear as a standard. Thus, mythic rings will not be allowed either. Why is this rule implemented? To those who do have arcane rings, picking up a 3m ring is easier said than done. So, I will be requiring players to wear a specific ring, perhaps a winterstar ring of warfare.

What if people can't afford Winterstar rings? Don't do this to meee

Zeus
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
What if people can't afford Winterstar rings? Don't do this to meee

They're 20k each, how are they not affordable? >.>

If you really cannot afford it, I will buy you one.

Roberto077
04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
I think this would be a good idea with the correct moderation and organization.

Instanthumor
04-30-2014, 02:51 PM
They're 20k each, how are they not affordable? >.>

If you really cannot afford it, I will buy you one.

GG.

katish
04-30-2014, 07:20 PM
I want to wear my mythic ring. Other that that other rules are fine. I think limit arcane to 2/team

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Spell
04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm in =p

Zeus
04-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I want to wear my mythic ring. Other that that other rules are fine. I think limit arcane to 2/team

If you want to wear your mythic ring, you will have to allow arcane rings to be present. Otherwise, it's just not all that fair for people to have to spend 2-3m just to enter tourney.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 07:35 PM
I think this would be a good idea with the correct moderation and organization.

As a former video contest judge, would you help me with being a judge for this contest? I will not be able to make judgement calls on matches that I participate in so I will need a third party to do so. Either you or Bilaxman is my choice.

amirfk12
04-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Mythic weapons are even more expensive than mythic rings though, and even more overpowering if you don't have them.

What if each person could have a max of 4/5 items being mythic/Arcane (not incl pets) and have 2 arcanes max etc etc.

Instanthumor
04-30-2014, 08:03 PM
You can allow 3 arcane items and possible count the arcane ring as 2 arcane items if anything... Last season, kershals (the arcane of that season) were allowed, so I don't see why people shouldn't be able to arcane rings.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Mythic weapons are even more expensive than mythic rings though, and even more overpowering if you don't have them.

What if each person could have a max of 4/5 items being mythic/Arcane (not incl pets) and have 2 arcanes max etc etc.

The bow almost == mythic daggers. Most people I know own at least a legendary gun which is pretty good. I don't know about limiting mythics, as most people are already at least mythics. However, two arcanes does sound awesome!

@Instant
The problem with that is when equipping two arcanes at the same time, the person becomes vastly OP. I don't try in most of the CTF games I am playing. Imagine if I was actually trying...just saying.

Roberto077
04-30-2014, 08:29 PM
As a former video contest judge, would you help me with being a judge for this contest? I will not be able to make judgement calls on matches that I participate in so I will need a third party to do so. Either you or Bilaxman is my choice.

I sure could! I suggest asking bilax too. I never know how busy I'll be in the last weeks of school so having more than one would be best.

Haligali
04-30-2014, 09:09 PM
If you want to wear your mythic ring, you will have to allow arcane rings to be present. Otherwise, it's just not all that fair for people to have to spend 2-3m just to enter tourney.

Winter rings only good for warriors, you can buy and sell blood ruby after the tournament or borrow one.

Instanthumor
04-30-2014, 09:52 PM
@Instant
The problem with that is when equipping two arcanes at the same time, the person becomes vastly OP. I don't try in most of the CTF games I am playing. Imagine if I was actually trying...just saying.

You could always make the rule that you can't have two of the same arcane items on the same team, and one person can wear only one arcane item.

katish
04-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Why would ppl have to spend 2-3 mil to enter tourney? U think if u allow mythic ring everyone will feel they have to have it to be competitive?

falmear
05-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Use epic rings, there is a decent one for each class.

Socrates
05-01-2014, 12:21 AM
same here I will make a team if I can and I will pm you here in forums or in-game (if you are not asleep again :p lol
)

Zeus
05-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Use epic rings, there is a decent one for each class.

It can't be visible, thus the selection for winterstar rings.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Why would ppl have to spend 2-3 mil to enter tourney? U think if u allow mythic ring everyone will feel they have to have it to be competitive?

The other option is to allow arcane rings? Is that fair? What do you prefer? People with arcane rings will be forced to downgrade. A top of the line mythic ring costs 2-3m. So, then, the mythic players with rings have the advantage when I disable arcane rings. Thus, the no mythic ring + no arcane ring makes it fair to everybody.

Alhuntrazeck
05-01-2014, 01:32 AM
The other option is to allow arcane rings? Is that fair? What do you prefer? People with arcane rings will be forced to downgrade. A top of the line mythic ring costs 2-3m. So, then, the mythic players with rings have the advantage when I disable arcane rings. Thus, the no mythic ring + no arcane ring makes it fair to everybody.

What about Archons?

Daddyblu
05-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Meh why its all about rings? guys simple no arcane no mythics

all can have pink gears at there choice.

Cero
05-01-2014, 04:25 AM

What about Archons?

I believe archon rings isnt good for rogues thus most prrfer mythic rings and buying one would cost alot for most... since theyre 2-3m.
Zeus knows how strong a rogue can be just by using arcane ring but i believe it realy doesnt do much since it isnt a clash ctf... to me i dont think it is unfair for a rogue to use arcane ring as long as there is only 1arcane item for the player in a team. Making 3arcane items per seems not fun.

I agree to use arcane rings for this ctf game will be determined by teamplay not by gear.

Classychic
05-01-2014, 07:47 AM

Who are those people who have to spend 2-3m just to enter tourney? I'm assuming those who want to join are mostly using mythic rings atm. If you're an arcane ring user, then 2-3mil for a ring is peanuts for you. Allowing mythic rings should not be a precedent for also allowing arcane rings imo.

If you're bent on not using myth rings, may I suggest the use of any ring without an aura? This will eliminate arcane, mythic, archon and winterstar rings.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Who are those people who have to spend 2-3m just to enter tourney? I'm assuming those who want to join are mostly using mythic rings atm. If you're an arcane ring user, then 2-3mil for a ring is peanuts for you. Allowing mythic rings should not be a precedent for also allowing arcane rings imo.

If you're bent on not using myth rings, may I suggest the use of any ring without an aura? This will eliminate arcane, mythic, archon and winterstar rings.

I think you know how many arcane rings are in circulation right now, especially in pvp endgame. In my guild alone, we have 4-5. I know Magnum has quite a few. I'm not quite sure about Republika though.

As Cero said, a rogue gets very very strong when equipping an arcane ring, strong enough to kill a flagger in seconds. As a result, I don't think it's fair to allow them in the match. However, I also do not think it's fair to force ring users to get a separate ring when the next best ring is also costly. This goes for archon rings as well. If y'all are not willing to even downgrade your ring, how can you expect arcane users to be willing at all?

@Cero
Allowing 2-3 arcanes last time did not seem to make the matches unbalanced. I think I had around 12-14 (84-98 players) teams iirc and they were all geared out as well.

Classychic
05-01-2014, 08:30 AM
That's why I suggested the use of any ring without an aura. You are talking about the number of rings that are now in Magnum, and ofc you know how many there are in your guild as well. What about those people who are skilled pvp players but do not have these rings? What I'm saying is downgrading from a 100mil ring to a 2-3m one shouldn't be an issue as those people can easily afford or even borrow one. If you feel that allowing mythic ring users to use their rings is a disservice to arcane rings users, then by all means level the playing field by requiring a standard ring or as i suggested, one without an aura. It can be legendary but it still wouldnt be an archon ring.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
That's why I suggested the use of any ring without an aura. You are talking about the number of rings that are now in Magnum, and ofc you know how many there are in your guild as well. What about those people who are skilled pvp players but do not have these rings? What I'm saying is downgrading from a 100mil ring to a 2-3m one shouldn't be an issue as those people can easily afford or even borrow one. If you feel that allowing mythic ring users to use their rings is a disservice to arcane rings users, then by all means level the playing field by requiring a standard ring or as i suggested, one without an aura. It can be legendary but it still wouldnt be an archon ring.

2-3m is still an expense. Unnecessary expenses cause people to lose interest or not participate from my experience of making tournaments. That is why I do not have things like a jackpot for tournaments, as a payment on entry is a turn off to most players.

So, in short, I do need to level the playing field. This is also why I am keeping the arcane rule to 2-3. This is flexible enough to allow weapons but not flexible enough to use the arcane pet of your choice. Make sense? If I limited that rule to 1, then it means that player will have to find a mythic staff or mythic weapon user which can be equally expensive. Thus, that rule remains to what it is.

The last tournament lasted a month and most players I know do not want to be dumping money for that amount of time.

samuraisoul
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
people should stop complaining about rings and the amount of arcanes, Zeus is trying to make it fair for everyone and tournament should be open also for those who cant afford mythics/arcanes.

Time to show your skills more than your wallets!

katish
05-01-2014, 09:12 AM
parth I can't get my head around u putting mythic ring in the same category as arcane ring lol

Idk I say allow 2 arcane items per team that's it, be it ring or weapon or pet.

Or make a separate tourney for each groups the wealthy arcane user and the poor non-arcane . Or make whatever rules u think fair and ppl will either join or not lol

Zeus
05-01-2014, 09:21 AM
parth I can't get my head around u putting mythic ring in the same category as arcane ring lol

Idk I say allow 2 arcane items per team that's it, be it ring or weapon or pet.

Or make a separate tourney for each groups the wealthy arcane user and the poor non-arcane . Or make whatever rules u think fair and ppl will either join or not lol

Meecah,

If you're talking about statwise then no, the ring is not close to the arcane ring at all. However, if you take away the arcane ring and not allow it to be used, it become the next best ring. So, that becomes a 2-3m expense for any player. Do you want to spend 2-3m just to enter a tournament? I sure as heck wouldn't. I've already explained why that causes interest level to go down.

The higher the cost of participating, the less participants there are. I've learned that from many tournaments that I've seen on forums.

Need a case and point? Goodsyntax's contest! No offense to Good, it's a great contest, however, due to limiting arcane gear and not providing an affordable substitute you only really see 2 guilds entering in that contest when expected turnout was much more.

Classychic
05-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Meecah,

If you're talking about statwise then no, the ring is not close to the arcane ring at all. However, if you take away the arcane ring and not allow it to be used, it become the next best ring. So, that becomes a 2-3m expense for any player. Do you want to spend 2-3m just to enter a tournament? I sure as heck wouldn't. I've already explained why that causes interest level to go down.

The higher the cost of participating, the less participants there are. I've learned that from many tournaments that I've seen on forums.

Need a case and point? Goodsyntax's contest! No offense to Good, it's a great contest, however, due to limiting arcane gear and not providing an affordable substitute you only really see 2 guilds entering in that contest when expected turnout was much more.

I see more interest waning if you allow the use of arcane rings, though :/ You can literally one-shot people with that. Say you allow 2-3 arcanes per team. Equip a maul and a ring on a tank and a ring on a rogue. You now have a rock who can flag and a hitter who can kill. :D Why are you more worried about people not participating because they cannot use their top goods, than others not participating because they will be going against people WITH top goods? :(

Zeus
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I see more interest waning if you allow the use of arcane rings, though :/ You can literally one-shot people with that. Say you allow 2-3 arcanes per team. Equip a maul and a ring on a tank and a ring on a rogue. You now have a rock who can flag and a hitter who can kill. :D Why are you more worried about people not participating because they cannot use their top goods, than others not participating because they will be going against people WITH top goods? :(

That's why I won't allow the ring in the game...which is what I've been saying but as a result, players will have to use winterstar rings.

Classychic
05-01-2014, 11:45 AM
That's why I won't allow the ring in the game...which is what I've been saying but as a result, players will have to use winterstar rings.

Much better, then. I got confused by all the comments and thought that arcane rings were going to be allowed and counted as one of the 2 or 3 arcane rule. Good luck! :)

Instanthumor
05-01-2014, 03:11 PM
So far it seems as if no one agrees with you Parf. People also might not want to enter the tournament when they find out they have to use Winter Star rings.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
So far it seems as if no one agrees with you Parf. People also might not want to enter the tournament when they find out they have to use Winter Star rings.

It's not a matter about agreement. You want a case and point? Again, Kalizzaa's contest.

They wanted arcane gear to be removed from the contest, even had a poll on it. However, when that was implemented and people had to downgrade, now they only have 2 guilds actively participating in that contest.

People don't have to like the rules, they're made in the interest of keeping things fair.

Tendirin
05-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Woo arcane legends world tournament sounds Nice

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellica

Serancha
05-03-2014, 05:06 AM
It's not a matter about agreement. You want a case and point? Again, Kalizzaa's contest.

They wanted arcane gear to be removed from the contest, even had a poll on it. However, when that was implemented and people had to downgrade, now they only have 2 guilds actively participating in that contest.

People don't have to like the rules, they're made in the interest of keeping things fair.

In most cases that I am aware of, my guild included, the rules had nothing to do with the lack of entries in that contest, it was purely due to too little time to get teams together from announcement to contest time.

Zeus
05-03-2014, 11:35 AM
In most cases that I am aware of, my guild included, the rules had nothing to do with the lack of entries in that contest, it was purely due to too little time to get teams together from announcement to contest time.

In cases that I am also aware of, in the highly geared out guilds, it would mean that they literally had to downgrade everything which is very very expensive.

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I say allow all gear. People work hard for their gear, and should be allowed to use it.

Zeus
05-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I say allow all gear. People work hard for their gear, and should be allowed to use it.

Don't you think this would effect turnout rate as well as people stacking teams?

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Don't you think this would effect turnout rate as well as people stacking teams?

I think the people who turn out for a tournament like this are your best and most geared players anyway. As you are placing a limit on how many arcane items can be on one team, I don't see any problems with arcane rings being included in that count.

BTW, I assume arcane pets are not included in that count?

Zeus
05-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I think the people who turn out for a tournament like this are your best and most geared players anyway. As you are placing a limit on how many arcane items can be on one team, I don't see any problems with arcane rings being included in that count.

BTW, I assume arcane pets are not included in that count?

Ener, have you seen how hard a rogue with an arcane ring hits yet though? I can show you if you'd like. That's the whole reason why I'm scared to allow the ring, despite having one because it might unbalance matches.

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Ener, have you seen how hard a rogue with an arcane ring hits yet though? I can show you if you'd like. That's the whole reason why I'm scared to allow the ring, despite having one because it might unbalance matches.

Does the ring really boost your damage that much? I thought it only gives about 40-50 extra dmg. I thought most of the difference in having an arcane ring is in your armor and health.

Zeus
05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Does the ring really boost your damage that much? I thought it only gives about 40-50 extra dmg. I thought most of the difference in having an arcane ring is in your armor and health.

I do 4.6k crits on mages.

It is only overpowered on a rogue due to aimed shot.

Candylicks
05-03-2014, 08:09 PM

Honestly it was more of a commitment issue than the arcane rule. No one had to buy anything, I mean we all have other pets and weapons than arcane.

Zeus you are a good guy for arranging this for everyone and taking into consideration all of the suggestions. You should keep the rules as simple as possible and don't require the participants to buy anything. Good luck to you guys, nice to see a friendly pvp thread in here.

Zeus
05-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Honestly it was more of a commitment issue than the arcane rule. No one had to buy anything, I mean we all have other pets and weapons than arcane.

Zeus you are a good guy for arranging this for everyone and taking into consideration all of the suggestions. You should keep the rules as simple as possible and don't require the participants to buy anything. Good luck to you guys, nice to see a friendly pvp thread in here.

Hey Candy,

I know in my guild, it wasn't a commitment issue but a gear issue. It's rather expensive to re-gear yourself in weapons that are not arcane and regear yourself in rings that are not arcane.

P.S: Thanks for the compliment!

Candylicks
05-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I know in my guild, it wasn't a commitment issue but a gear issue. It's rather expensive to re-gear yourself in weapons that are not arcane and regear yourself in rings that are not arcane.

Interesting. We all just grabbed crate pinks and shared among ourselves the single mythic staff we had within the guild.

However, I will give you this. Arcane ring users who sold blood would have to drop some gold to purchase again so I see your point. If you have a guild with 5 arcane rings now you are talking about a gold sink. Still, if you try and make everyone wear the same ring for your tourney, people will forget and you will get non-stop PM about cheating. Whose to say they don't equip archon? OK we can banter this on CB I really have no place posting in this thread. Carry on Z. XD. I go back PvE now.

Zeus
05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Interesting. We all just grabbed crate pinks and shared among ourselves the single mythic staff we had within the guild.

However, I will give you this. Arcane ring users who sold blood would have to drop some gold to purchase again so I see your point. If you have a guild with 5 arcane rings now you are talking about a gold sink. Still, if you try and make everyone wear the same ring for your tourney, people will forget and you will get non-stop PM about cheating. Whose to say they don't equip archon? OK we can banter this on CB I really have no place posting in this thread. Carry on Z. XD. I go back PvE now.

Haha, Candy, you know I value your opinion!

The thing is, that's exactly why I chose winterstar rings! They have an effect so everybody knows what ring they are wearing!

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 09:19 PM
I do 4.6k crits on mages.

It is only overpowered on a rogue due to aimed shot.

I wonder what happens when you do that 4.6 crit while cursed :p

I say use em if you got em. I'm sure it will even out. If your team is allowed 3 arcane items, then having a ring will count as one of them.

BTW, now that I got some decent gear, let's do some 1-on-1 sometime :)

Zeus
05-03-2014, 10:02 PM

I say use em if you got em. I'm sure it will even out. If your team is allowed 3 arcane items, then having a ring will count as one of them.

Care for some tonight?

Cero
05-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Oi oi, lemme watch hehe
I like watching pvp foghts.

Haligali
05-05-2014, 04:27 AM
However, I will give you this. Arcane ring users who sold blood would have to drop some gold to purchase again so I see your point.

Mythic ring is tradeable, can sell after the tournament. I hope a merchant don't read this thread, i feel like winter rings will disappear from cs soon, huhu.

suckyiknow
05-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Let em wear anything other than arcane ring. Easiest way out. Also, those merchants can't benefit from this like they did from the PvP Legend of the Week

Zeus
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Mythic ring is tradeable, can sell after the tournament. I hope a merchant don't read this thread, i feel like winter rings will disappear from cs soon, huhu.

I thought about it.

Those who have an arcane ring may simply borrow one from their friends, I am sure. So, they will be allowed.

Instanthumor
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM

I think you overestimate curse. I tested with a mage friend of mine. Under curse, I crit a bit over 2.5k on a Lightning, and I got about 5-6% damage done back to me. Curse is only effective vs DoT.

falmear
05-06-2014, 12:28 AM
I think you overestimate curse. I tested with a mage friend of mine. Under curse, I crit a bit over 2.5k on a Lightning, and I got about 5-6% damage done back to me. Curse is only effective vs DoT.

This is correct and is about the same in my testing however this was a while back.

Joncheese
05-06-2014, 02:52 AM

Curse is a set amount, correct? As i undersand it there is a maximum amount of dmg that curse can reflect back on to yourself. Hence why DOT curse is so powerful.

Back on topic good job parf, i dont really care what rules there are as everyone will have to follow them regardless. Looking forward to it mate :)

Endkey
05-06-2014, 03:26 AM
winter starring is a nice choice...cheap..easily visible.

Instanthumor
05-06-2014, 03:28 AM
winter starring is a nice choice...cheap..easily visible.

I want mythic rings!

Alhuntrazeck
05-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Winter stars are only really good for warriors, afaik.

Endkey
05-06-2014, 04:02 AM
I want mythic rings!

me too..buy me one ^-^

Bless
05-06-2014, 02:52 PM
He said mythic rings allowed