PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Totem Collection

Awesomeox
12-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Okay so I just hit level 50 today and I started the cyber quest where I need to collect 100 totems. I was wondering where is a good place to farm these totems?

On a side note, I am aware that I would get 2 totems for a kill in victory lap, but I am constantly getting kicked because I don't have "good enough gear" and only 100k to my name. So if you would like to include the names of some gear good enough for me not to get kicked for under 100k, let me know!

One final thing. If you would like to do some totem farming with me, or are bored enough to help me run through victory lap a few times, add me!

Fyrce
12-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Keeper generally is the boss that drops the most totems. And keeper farming on level 2 doesn't require as elite EQ as the rushes through the middle of VL. And no, you do not get 2 totems a kill in VL. Sometimes you get none. Sometimes you get 3. Don't think I've seen 4. Mostly you get 1 or 2 for doing keeper and not very much for all the other bosses.

Lower EQ people, particularly birds, have a problem rushing through the middle of VL, especially through multiple portals. If you still really want to do VL, do it with friends. Join their games or make your own. You can also ask around to see if anyone is clearing the middle. BTW, if you know someone is running but their group is full, you can always ask them to invite you when there's space. If you are a good enough player, it shouldn't take more than 30min (maybe an hour for a really dedicated group) to get an invite in.

As a bird, you'll want as high a damage as you can get. It sounds like you can't get in to pop the mega blaster or afford it. The next best thing is the Sunblessed Bow, which lots of birds use and does good damage. It also as a good proc and if you test it in other areas, you will find that it's preferable to the mega blaster in some circumstances. I was even using it when I was in slower Gurgox groups because you can't really hear the roar through the megas. That weapon is about 100k in the shop.

Of course, you should already have perfected your skills damage and combo coordination. I'm not sure whether you have to pot the keeper or not with whatever armor you have. If you have to, you have to. BTW, why do you have no gold? Everyone used to be out of gold due to elixirs and no drops. There's way more than enough drops now and practically no elixirs needed...

Awesomeox
12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Of course, you should already have perfected your skills damage and combo coordination. I'm not sure whether you have to pot the keeper or not with whatever armor you have. If you have to, you have to. BTW, why do you have no gold? Everyone used to be out of gold due to elixirs and no drops. There's way more than enough drops now and practically no elixirs needed...

Skills and combo, no problem =)
pot the keeper, maybe 5 each round
Why am I out of gold? excessive 3k exp elixirs. (I mean a lot)

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!