PDA

View Full Version : Market Forecast!

Zeus
04-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Hooks and Conquistador vanities are being discontinued!

Eat this up:

Rare
04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
she just said crates :)

Only matters for hooks though.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM

True, it'll still be looted in Elite Pirates, but, lets be real...who actually opens those for a chance to win hooks?

DocDoBig
04-30-2014, 10:44 AM

Bless
04-30-2014, 10:50 AM

True, it'll still be looted in Elite Pirates, but, lets be real...who actually opens those for a chance to win hooks? Hooks, mythic helms and HJ is all they will open the pirate chests for anyways.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Hooks, mythic helms and HJ is all they will open the pirate chests for anyways.

Hammerjaw is not in there, so that means only myth helm and hooks are.

With myth helm being so cheap, there's really a very few amount of players who would open pirate chests for hooks unless they truly skyrocketed in value.

Haligali
04-30-2014, 11:29 AM
True, it'll still be looted in Elite Pirates, but, lets be real...who actually opens those for a chance to win hooks?

Actually, lot people are buying pirate chests, since the price is the same as warchest and puzzlebox.

Z
04-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Guess its good thing I still got mine

FluffNStuff
04-30-2014, 11:33 AM
B> Arcane Hooks 50K

octavos
04-30-2014, 11:53 AM
got 2 sets of snow for each class..now waiting for the update..and errr (removal)...now the vanities are worth some cash..80-120k...

Z
04-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Good job zeus you helped ppl that had hooks on cs sell them.

FluffNStuff
04-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Good job zeus you helped ppl that had hooks on cs sell them.

Probably bought before posting ;)

Zeus
04-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Actually, lot people are buying pirate chests, since the price is the same as warchest and puzzlebox.

If the price is the same as warchest or puzzlebox, why would they buy pirate chests? It doesn't make sense to me that people would spend the same for a chance to loot a lower value item?

@Fluff
No I did not! :)

Hoardseeker
04-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Argh! Zeus! You told it away! Next time tell it to your Guild mates :D

Int
04-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Snow vanities are wiped out from cs lol

Haligali
04-30-2014, 11:59 AM
If the price is the same as warchest or puzzlebox, why would they buy pirate chests? It doesn't make sense to me that people would spend the same for a chance to loot a lower value item?

@Fluff

I check them always, it sometimes goes down to 20k,then i buy.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

FluffNStuff
04-30-2014, 12:01 PM

@Fluff

The price is not the same, the price goes War -> Puzzle -> Pirate. I am guessing because the Mythic Armor and the Talon (They both have the ring and amulets) in the War Chests makes up for the 'price difference' of the Hammer vs the Scepter.

Z
04-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Probably bought before posting ;)

I was thinking that lol

Zeus
04-30-2014, 12:06 PM
The price is not the same, the price goes War -> Puzzle -> Pirate. I am guessing because the Mythic Armor and the Talon (They both have the ring and amulets) in the War Chests makes up for the 'price difference' of the Hammer vs the Scepter.

Oh, I thought Hali said the price was the same, haha.

Energizeric
04-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Talon is in Pirate Chests, not Warchests.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Talon is in Pirate Chests, not Warchests.

No, it's in warchests?

Z
04-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Snow vanities are wiped out from cs lol

I gave away about 6 sets to some low levels a while back lol

falmear
04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Now that hooks will be discontinued from crates, does that mean more arcane shards will drop?

Roberto077
04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Why would the hooks be discontinued? It will just make a lower chance at insane gold amounts.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Now that hooks will be discontinued from crates, does that mean more arcane shards will drop?

I would think that there would be a higher chance to loot shards because now there will only be 3 items in the weapons category unless they replace the arcane hooks with something else. In that case, the odds would remain the same.

DocDoBig
04-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Prolly to make the drop rates higher, indeed.

Or new Mythics and Arcanes. ;)

Defilading
04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Why would the hooks be discontinued? It will just make a lower chance at insane gold amounts.
My guess is its because of one of the threads that got really popular last week regarding people getting mad when they spend large amounts of plat and finally get a arcane only to find its the cheapest one. at least then when you get a arcane roll from a crate itll be a still semi expensive item.

also, there could vary well be the possibility of a new arcane item replacing it (bow perhaps? who knows.) time will tell friends. something is coming tomorrow evening, that is for sure.

Z
04-30-2014, 12:36 PM
My guess is its because of one of the threads that got really popular last week regarding people getting mad when they spend large amounts of plat and finally get a arcane only to find its the cheapest one. at least then when you get a arcane roll from a crate itll be a still semi expensive item.

also, there could vary well be the possibility of a new arcane item replacing it (bow perhaps? who knows.) time will tell friends. something is coming tomorrow evening, that is for sure.

So what about looting a hammer jaw? Thats even worse lol done that twice :/

Limsi
04-30-2014, 12:37 PM

The thing is hammerjaw is an easy sale since it's a pet which can be used by all classes at any level.

Z
04-30-2014, 12:39 PM
The thing is hammerjaw is an easy sale since it's a pet which can be used by all classes at any level.

Ya I know but selling an arcane item for 6mil hurts :(

Zeus
04-30-2014, 12:40 PM

Well, the only really expensive arcane pet is Samael...all others are less than half of it's value.

Limsi
04-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Ya I know but selling an arcane item for 6mil hurts :(

That's the consequence of how much people are willing to pay for an item. Ever since the newer arcane pets were released, hammerjaw took a deep dive and plummeted in value. It's still a decent pet nevertheless

falmear
04-30-2014, 12:48 PM

They should keep hammerjaw in so people have an easier means of getting arcane AP. Since you can hatch an egg to get arcane AP. Currently the easiest method is to hatch hammerjaw.

Defilading
04-30-2014, 12:49 PM

honestly id prefer getting hj over glacian. Hj is almost always gurranteed a sell due to arcane ap Last time I ended up with a glacian egg it took me quite awhile to sell it for a balanced price. wasnt even going over, was just getting lowballed by the same 5 known merchers you see in the trade market on here lol.. its just not that much of a sought after pet it seems. plus the fact that it can be used by anyone as lims said ^_^ nobody who doesnt own a 26 rogue wants to loot hooks. except for maybe right this moment because there probably being discontinued tomorrow afternoon when the weekend event hits.

Z
04-30-2014, 01:06 PM
honestly id prefer getting hj over glacian. Hj is almost always gurranteed a sell due to arcane ap Last time I ended up with a glacian egg it took me quite awhile to sell it for a balanced price. wasnt even going over, was just getting lowballed by the same 5 known merchers you see in the trade market on here lol.. its just not that much of a sought after pet it seems. plus the fact that it can be used by anyone as lims said ^_^ nobody who doesnt own a 26 rogue wants to loot hooks. except for maybe right this moment because there probably being discontinued tomorrow afternoon when the weekend event hits.
Oh I never said they should be dcd but it sux getting them as your arcane after hundreds and hundreds of crates

falmear
04-30-2014, 01:13 PM
I would think that there would be a higher chance to loot shards because now there will only be 3 items in the weapons category unless they replace the arcane hooks with something else. In that case, the odds would remain the same.

I guess now the price of hooks will skyrocket and shard now will drop in price. Someone told me this was a bad thing. How were they wrong.

Z
04-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Dont worry guys im sure the hooks will become a plat purchase item lol

Zeus
04-30-2014, 01:18 PM
I guess now the price of hooks will skyrocket and shard now will drop in price. Someone told me this was a bad thing. How were they wrong.

Not necessarily.

Here's what I think: the hooks will skyrocket for the time being, but then they will once again drop back down to their normal value. Why? There's still a low market and they're still just as useless. Nothing about that has changes. The supply of hooks is also immense. There's usually 4-5 floating around in trader's as twinks are constantly buying/selling them.

The shard will drop in value, but not quite yet. After all, the chance to even loot an arcane weapon is quite rare.

FluffNStuff
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM

Absolutely not. This is just a fallacy spread by players that don't understand the math of the 'slot machine'. To be complete, I will cover both 'theories':

1) Each Arcane has an independent drop rate: This is obvious, removing one will not affect the drop rate of the others.

2) Arcane Weapons have a combined drop rate, then you roll for which weapon: This is the one that players confuse a lot and think if you remove one of the items, you will have a higher chance of looting one of the other items. But what they are missing is that the 'combined drop rate' changes based on the number of weapons, so now you will have a lower chance to hit the Arcane Weapon in the first place. Once you do, you will then have a higher rate of hitting the shard, but again, the higher rate of hitting the shard * the lower rate of hitting "Arcane Weapon" = Previous Higher Rate of Hitting Arcane Weapon * Previous Lower Rate of hitting the shard. Do you really think Hooks were dropping at the rate of ALL these items combined when they were the only Arcane Weapon????

Z
04-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Well I could see them going up, as the player base gets larger and in between dry spells of content. They'll go up. They can't go down any further, imo

Roberto077
04-30-2014, 01:32 PM

My word for those people is to stop complaining. Most of the community can't even get hooks, so why should the be so mad? It's a free 10m and achievement plus a good advantage in 26 PvP.

falmear
04-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Absolutely not. This is just a fallacy spread by players that don't understand the math of the 'slot machine'. To be complete, I will cover both 'theories':

1) Each Arcane has an independent drop rate: This is obvious, removing one will not affect the drop rate of the others.

2) Arcane Weapons have a combined drop rate, then you roll for which weapon: This is the one that players confuse a lot and think if you remove one of the items, you will have a higher chance of looting one of the other items. But what they are missing is that the 'combined drop rate' changes based on the number of weapons, so now you will have a lower chance to hit the Arcane Weapon in the first place. Once you do, you will then have a higher rate of hitting the shard, but again, the higher rate of hitting the shard * the lower rate of hitting "Arcane Weapon" = Previous Higher Rate of Hitting Arcane Weapon * Previous Lower Rate of hitting the shard. Do you really think Hooks were dropping at the rate of ALL these items combined when they were the only Arcane Weapon????

I don't know but apparently when I suggested they increase drop rate of the arcane shard I was told by the experts here that this was selfish and I was only motivated by self interest. Yet I can go back to many threads where people asked for hooks to be removed and many people said this would not be possible because it would affect drop rates of other arcanes. So it possible now both will happen. I guess its the end of the world as we know it.

ClumsyCactus
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Me. Or Wait... Im to weak to actually do elites...

UndeadJudge
04-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Figures, right when I start to bring an endgame to farm...then this nonsense comes up. >,>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare
04-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Figures, right when I start to bring an endgame to farm...then this nonsense comes up. >,>

This doesn't affect end game farming. In fact, might make elite gold pirate chests more valuable.

Anarchist
04-30-2014, 02:56 PM
*sigh*
I am so tired of economy threads these days, at the end i am sure the devs will take the right decisions cause they love us all.

Z
04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Who else out here see this as a sign of the new arcane rogue weapon? I xunno about you guys but I got 600 crates waiting for that moment.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Who else out here see this as a sign of the new arcane rogue weapon? I xunno about you guys but I got 600 crates waiting for that moment.

I don't, rogues are already OP with the ring. Trust me, you really don't want to give them more...lol. Unless you want us to one hit using just Nox or Shadow Pierce. Aimed shot isn't good enough these days. xD

Z
04-30-2014, 06:10 PM
I don't, rogues are already OP with the ring. Trust me, you really don't want to give them more...lol. Unless you want us to one hit using just Nox or Shadow Pierce. Aimed shot isn't good enough these days. xD

I kinda disagree with this, just because they are op at the moment, doesnt mean they shouldnt keep the arcane weapons rotating, they just have to counter balance it with some new mythic armors. Honestly, why else would the only rogue arcane weapon dissappear? Too many pixels? I dont think so with that being said, I still believe arcane weapons arent finished.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 06:12 PM
I kinda disagree with this, just because they are op at the moment, doesnt mean they shouldnt keep the arcane weapons rotating, they just have to counter balance it with some new mythic armors. Honestly, why else would the only rogue arcane weapon dissappear? Too many pixels? I dont think so with that being said, I still believe arcane weapons arent finished.

Ok, why would they release a new arcane weapon without replacing other outdated equipment like the mythic ring and amulet?

Z
04-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Ok, why would they release a new arcane weapon without replacing other outdated equipment like the mythic ring and amulet?

I agree that it doesnt make sense, but why else would they drop the only rogue arcane weapon. There is honestly no other good reason.

Alhuntrazeck
04-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I agree that it doesnt make sense, but why else would they drop the only rogue arcane weapon. There is honestly no other good reason.
Perhaps if they replaced that with a mythic bow. If its like the last 3 seasons, there will be only 1 arcane item per class released in a season. Which is IMO the way to go. Rogues with mythic armor and helm, arcane ring, mythic daggers and Fang already reach above 500 damage and 4k hp (supergemmed). If you pull an arcane bow into the mix, I'm thinking rogues get 550-600 damage, 5k-ish HP and I don't even want to think of the crit because it gives me heartache. No, just no.

Mythic bow on the other hand would give a significant (if not very high) increase over the expedition bow, and maybe a little more than mythic daggers. I think that'd make more sense.

Zeus
04-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Perhaps if they replaced that with a mythic bow. If its like the last 3 seasons, there will be only 1 arcane item per class released in a season. Which is IMO the way to go. Rogues with mythic armor and helm, arcane ring, mythic daggers and Fang already reach above 500 damage and 4k hp (supergemmed). If you pull an arcane bow into the mix, I'm thinking rogues get 550-600 damage, 5k-ish HP and I don't even want to think of the crit because it gives me heartache. No, just no.

Mythic bow on the other hand would give a significant (if not very high) increase over the expedition bow, and maybe a little more than mythic daggers. I think that'd make more sense.

I love your signature by Leoakre; she's quite the flirt!

Alhuntrazeck
04-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I love your signature by Leoakre; she's quite the flirt!

Ikr, quote of the day.

Iliketolol
05-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Price of hooks might bump a bit but am sure it will be back to 5-6m..

Reason? They are discontinued so 100% sure they wont be used in arcane crafting...they will only be used for twinking at lvl 26-28...

5-6m maxed out price

basketholic209
05-01-2014, 01:26 AM

Reason? They are discontinued so 100% sure they wont be used in arcane crafting...they will only be used for twinking at lvl 26-28...

5-6m maxed out price

They are not discontinued. They still drop from elite golden pirate chests :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
05-01-2014, 02:45 AM
People... hooks are NOT discontinued. They still drop from Elite Golden Pirate Chests. Perhaps in the future that will leave motivation to keep farming elite kraken dungeons. I think that is why they are being removed from locked crates. It would be nice for a change to have an arcane item that can only be farmed and not looted from crates.

UndeadJudge
05-01-2014, 05:29 AM
This doesn't affect end game farming. In fact, might make elite gold pirate chests more valuable.

Meant farming to save for hooks lol

Z
05-01-2014, 05:42 AM

5-6m maxed out price

Removed from crates, best lvl 26-28 pvp weapon, and increased rarity, yeah completely makes sense for the value to be cut in half. Plus it was never 5-6 mil.

Iliketolol
05-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Removed from crates, best lvl 26-28 pvp weapon, and increased rarity, yeah completely makes sense for the value to be cut in half. Plus it was never 5-6 mil.

Ive seen them sell for 6m, i think the seller was basketholic... I know what am saying..

Edit: increased rarity? Nice dream..

Rare
05-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Cut in half?? It was selling between 6-8m before people started the upgrade rumors.

5-6 sounds about right.

Z
05-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Ive seen them sell for 6m, i think the seller was basketholic... I know what am saying..

Edit: increased rarity? Nice dream..

Ok I over exaggerated a little bit with the half thing, but the 5mil thing is slight exaggeration as well. For the increased rarity? How isnt it? The player base will get larger and few people open up the pirate chests. Dont forget the hooks are what made 26 pvp so popular.

Z
05-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Ps sorry for double but I was also thinking of perfect hooks not clean, my apologies.

Rare
05-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Ok I over exaggerated a little bit with the half thing, but the 5mil thing is slight exaggeration as well. For the increased rarity? How isnt it? The player base will get larger and few people open up the pirate chests. Dont forget the hooks are what made 26 pvp so popular.

Well, the price is based on demand. Naturally, an item will have more value if it's desirable in pve AND pvp. When it WAS desirable in both it was going as low as 6m. Now, hooks are not as viable in pve, so it will lose some value. It may not drop from crates, but it will from chests and demand will go down even further.