PDA

View Full Version : random character name change?

Willisch
04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Hiya. I just logged on to my account and noticed one of my character names were changed. It was Halfbastard. It is now Ijuxyyanoius. I have had this name since I started playing and was in the guild Twisted Bastards. If I have to choose a new name, could I at least have a choice? If it was changed due to censorship, I don't understand why. ive seen guilds and at least 10 other people use Bastard in them. Maybe it's just a glitch idk. I would really appreciate it if someone got back to me on this. Thank you.

zagnut
04-30-2014, 08:38 PM
This just happend to me too! My name is zagnut and now changed to yulquis! But if I check social and look at guild list it still shows zagnut, there is no yulquis, but if people look in their friends list it shows yulquis not zagnut. So weird!

Willisch
04-30-2014, 09:34 PM
That is my exact situation as well.

Willisch
05-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Any word as to why this happened to people?

Schnitzel
05-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Eh..sometikes sts changes names if they're inappropriate, or has profanity.

For your name, I dunno...

Ravager
05-01-2014, 01:23 PM
This just happend to me too! My name is zagnut and now changed to yulquis! But if I check social and look at guild list it still shows zagnut, there is no yulquis, but if people look in their friends list it shows yulquis not zagnut. So weird!

Itll eventually be yulquis on the guildlist as well unfortunately.

Willisch
05-01-2014, 01:25 PM
There are like 1000 people walking around with <Twisted Bastards> under their names. Also, must I buy 30 plat just for a name besides random letters? I'm not complaining, I just want to figure out why this happened really.

Fyrce
05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Your best option is to email support or try the support button above.

Maybe STS thought those names were inappropriate.

I have no clue what the guidelines are. Maybe those are inappropriate names in some language?

Serancha
05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Arrogant Bastards had to be renamed after about 3 months, because the name got complaints for being offensive. To be honest, I am surprised Twisted Bastards has lasted this long without the same happening.

Willisch
05-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Well I just said screw it payed the 4.99 to get my name changed. Still waiting on platinum though.