PDA

View Full Version : Mages in PvP

lce
12-20-2010, 08:09 AM
everyone knows that mages can heal in PvP which takes awhile for them to get killed?

does anyone know how to kill them fast with a pure dex bird

Ersana
12-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes I do because I'm a Mage so I know how to exploit them, but I like my 4001 pvp kills so I'll pass on telling you

Dip
12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
wow dude,, ersana,, calm down buddy..

you are like the biggest mouth currently on the forum...compensating for something?

Chill dude... its just a game..

Greek
12-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Do enough damage to kill them before they can heal, if you start pressing attacks to go for the damage over time they can just heal themselves. U want to do fast combos to do alot of instint damage, never run up to a mage if ur skills are cooling down. If its team battles, I feel its better to go for the character with the weakest armor/ highest damage to get them out of the way first.

Estraz
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Enchantress for the win!

Ersana
12-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Sorry bout that it's just twink kinda set me of the deep end so I'm mad right now. Didn't mean to yell a t you or anything. You use blast shot it kills mana shield then root u can usually then pick em off after that

Demonicdevyn
12-21-2010, 04:38 PM
sup lovenus

I think ice is lv 15

Bigsleazy
12-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry bout that it's just twink kinda set me of the deep end so I'm mad right now. Didn't mean to yell a t you or anything. You use blast shot it kills mana shield then root u can usually then pick em off after that

Not even close to how I do it. But hey, to each his own.

Noobs.
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Bears are good agaisnt them when you get close enough you can try stunning them with your slashes and stomp them away

cuard
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
ik i hate it to pallys have more health than us birds and call heal pls better skills so it ticks me that there best

Bigsleazy
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
But birds can do way more damage in way less time

There is exactly one pally who I can't beat lol.

Noobs.
12-23-2010, 03:59 PM
All you need is a 2 blast shots for low level twinks 10-15 to win Bird Vs mage but Warrior owns them all.

Bigsleazy
12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
At level 20 and 30 (where I twink) you will lose almost every time if you use blastshot first.

Zerious
12-23-2010, 04:40 PM
It's all timing. Plus you have to consider what type of Mage you're fighting. Usually if it's a full str pally, you gotta stall for some time until they mana out, and since they're full str, they have low regen and mana so root/kite will provoke healing (which is also not as potent as mages with int in their build) this will wither health down. After they heal, combo them. Break armor AFTER heal is your best friend against this build because that's one of the main perks of full str pallies (besides more health). Once you land your BA, Blast them (and repulse if you have it) before they heal again, which will "mend" their armor. At this point focus buff is a good play since this is where you attempt to finish them. Here you root again and then combo. Hopefully this kills them and/or brings them down to low enough health for your auto to kill.

Against full int mages, wait for the mana shield if you can. That's their skills, heal, EVERYTHING, if you break through it. So once it's up, just spam skills, any damage is good since this is draining mana, which means draining their time against you. Full dex birds might be too frail to outlast the int-powered damage skills, wings and talons may be enough to stall. If you're full dex with a good bow, you might be able to OCK them if your damaging skills are a high enough rank. If they mana sheild before the combat, run. It's a noob move to some, but it's up to the mage to use their skills wisely, knowing what their opponent is capable of (it's strategy).

Against int/dex mages, basically same thing. Just remember lower int means less mana and skill strength, but dex means higher weapon damage/dps, and hit rate. Mana shield is less dangerous but still enough to stall any bird to death due to heightened dps (especially staff users that are typically stronger than wands) and skills must not be underestimated, as the dex Mage still incorporates int.

Wand pallies are the worst nightmare for full dex birds. They have int AND str which means strong skills, decent mana, and high armor. Wands are ranged so kiting is practically pointless for damage accumulation. Root is also not too useful since wands are ranged and they have the armor to take hits before heal recharges. The only way to kill this Mage is if you're running a full, OCK build, and you get enough crits/damage on them to kill them before they heal. Other than that, they'll stall you out and you'll lose. They have both health and mana regen, armor, health, mana, skill strength, and range. That's everything that makes a twink look good statistically (the user still needs to know how to operate against different types of opponents). Anything that gives the Mage time to heal is helpless.

General things to consider: melee pallies tend to freeze you if you run or kite. Root is your counter to keep your distance from their held weapon, but skills are still harmful. Mages who use staffs tend to have extremely low armor and can usually be OCKed without too much trouble; stalling is also easier on your bird since shields usually provide regen and str/int bonuses that would otherwise be harmful. Mana shielders are still able to use their skills; if a mana shielder uses their skills be cautious but aggressive at the same time, this is your chance to deplete their mana and their health shortly after. In team battles mages are your prior target as they can heal their opponents; against two mages, you may not win unless accompanied by a Mage yourself or any bird able to OCK.

Hope this helps

Zerious

PS: OCK means "one combo kill" for those who don't know.

Happy twinking!

Zerious
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Btw the last post from me is based on lvl 19-23 twinking

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 04:54 PM
But birds can do way more damage in way less time

There is exactly one pally who I can't beat lol.

I hate level 50 pally's... I beat them 100% of the time on my hybrid mage but they suck up so much mana and time. After a Pally battle I have like 1/3rd of my mana left.

Birds are easy to pwn with mages if you set your skills up right.

Birds are the easiest class to PvP with... The fastest spells in the game and a insant combo... The no skills needed class :).

I love love LOVE how bears can inflict massive damage to mages once they get a hold of them... My level 10 bear hits 160-200 critical on mages!

caprisun84
12-23-2010, 06:27 PM
if ur a fifty like me i make to much mana and heals fast so its harder to take me down lol