PDA

View Full Version : Which gear is better for PVE

Echelong
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
First of all I am close to 50 and I want to know if which one is best suited for PVE str gear or int gear? With int gear I can have more DPS but str gives me survivability. But what kind of mage do people doing AO3 runs prefer?

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Either Paladin or Dual builds. You won't see many hybrids or Pure int mages in Ao3 because they die real easy.

Paladins are wanted because they can tank, revive, heal, buff, and debuff. To top it off they rarely die, talk about the perfect party member.

Dual builds are wanted because they can be a paladin. But if the party doesn't need another tank they can switch over to bird gears or mage gears for group damage/DPS.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Well in PVE you can pot up like crazy, and nuke some mobs XD (with pure int I mean, since I thought that more int was better skill damage)

Echelong
12-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I am using mostly pure int for the moment with a full cosmos for now till I find stat building low level pinks since they cost more than level 50 pinks -_-. But I will go dual Spec.

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Well in PVE you can pot up like crazy, and nuke some mobs XD (with pure int I mean, since I thought that more int was better skill damage)

Mob nuking and surviving takes skill in ao3. Especially captive audience and victory lap since they are crammed full of lores and yellows. Its a art of survival.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Mob nuking and surviving takes skill in ao3. Especially captive audience and victory lap since they are crammed full of lores and yellows. Its a art of survival.

Yep, without skill you wouldn't stand a chance for even 3 minutes literally lol

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep, without skill you wouldn't stand a chance for even 3 minutes literally lol

I solo Victory Lap and Captive Audience to practice survivability :).