PDA

View Full Version : Int vs. weapon damage for spell damage and swords

Okyrhoe
12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
How does int/weapon damage translate into spell damage? Basically I'm wondering if I add points to str to use a big 2 handed sword for the greatly increased weapon damage, will this translate into increased spell damage? This assumes that sword damage translates into spell damage identical to staffs...is this correct?

Blasto
12-20-2010, 02:18 PM
i bought a gurg rift hammer wondering this as well lol

FluffNStuff
12-20-2010, 03:33 PM
It is a little complicated as weapon damage does not translate exactly into skill damage, and there are some differences between the way 1 hand weapons and 2 hand weapons effect skill damage. Currently, I have found that the highest mage skill damage is with the keepers, and the highest warrior skill damage is with the hammer. The reason they are not 'exactly' interchangeable is because of the stat required to equip, as those ALSO effect skill damage.

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
It is a little complicated as weapon damage does not translate exactly into skill damage, and there are some differences between the way 1 hand weapons and 2 hand weapons effect skill damage. Currently, I have found that the highest mage skill damage is with the keepers, and the highest warrior skill damage is with the hammer. The reason they are not 'exactly' interchangeable is because of the stat required to equip, as those ALSO effect skill damage.

If only Cyber Mirage staff of the Cosmos had splash damage like the keeper staff. I would give up the 25 damage in a heartbeat for the benefits of the set bonus.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:29 PM
What exactly is a set bonus?? Pharcyde u seem to know everything,, so can u explain it to me exactly what it is?

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 03:55 PM
What exactly is a set bonus?? Pharcyde u seem to know everything,, so can u explain it to me exactly what it is?

Set bonus is basically your stats get boosted up for having the full set of a gear equipted.
So Full Cyber with the doll will give you a additional +5 armor, +1% hit percent, +5 manapool, +1 mana regeneration, +6 Damage Per second and +6 base damage.

Full Cyber with the staff will give you a additional +5 armor, +1% hit percent, + 5 manapool, + 1 mana regeneration, +11 base damage and + 10 Damage per second,.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh so you mean when there's like a bunch of pluses to the stats,
like in the wand (laser), even if it has a sucky damage?
Is it like that because those Items that have set bonus
are mostly sucky damage?

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh so you mean when there's like a bunch of pluses to the stats,
like in the wand (laser), even if it has a sucky damage?
Is it like that because those Items that have set bonus
are mostly sucky damage?

Not necessarily true. There is weapons out there with good damage and a set bonus. Mega blaster is a great example.

So Basicly set bonus means that its extra stuff put into attributes that you would not normally have with just part of the gear.

You can tell if you have a set bonus because your body will have glowing sparkles coming out of it.

Set Bonus
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/847559a1.jpg
No Set Bonus
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/97ee9da1.jpg