PDA

View Full Version : Input On Elixirs.

Morholt
05-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I posted this the other week, to see no response within the thread. Anyone have any input? Any solid testing done? Perhaps we can get an official word on this?

I had been under the impression that max +speed was 25%? And the same for damage?
I've always wondered why there are +30% for each in the combo, if it caps lower...

In fact, I was just running around with a 25% speed elixir and then casting gale (with the speed upgrade) while running in a straight line and could not notice any change in my speed.
I was going by eye, but I'm pretty certain I'd see identical times if I hopped into a timed map and ran straight to a wall or something, as I can visually notice the difference of no speed upgrades compared to using just a Guapo.

Can we get a confirmation of these bonus caps? Otherwise...these 30% elixirs seem a bit nonsensical...

Samhayne
05-01-2014, 12:11 PM
% based changes for Damage and Armor and I believe Movement do not stack. They always take the highest value.

So, the 30% Damage elixirs you mention are the biggest % bonus you can currently get in game.

Commanderkeen
05-01-2014, 12:16 PM
% based changes do not stack. They always take the highest value.

So, the 30% elixirs are the biggest % bonus you can currently get in game.

What about the passive skill speed increase? You can get a 5% increase from that so does 30% speed elixer stack with that and we can get a 35% increase?

Sorcerie
05-01-2014, 12:22 PM
What about the passive skill speed increase? You can get a 5% increase from that so does 30% speed elixer stack with that and we can get a 35% increase?Sadly, passive movement, dam, and armor bonuses do not stack with elixirs. The highest % will override your passive.

Commanderkeen
05-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Sadly, passive movement, dam, and armor bonuses do not stack with elixirs. The highest % will override your passive.

Well that sucks. Thanks.

Morholt
05-01-2014, 12:28 PM

So, the 30% elixirs are the biggest % bonus you can currently get in game.So, you can ACTUALLY have +30% speed and/or damage?
I'm aware of the inability to stack such bonuses; however, the real concern of this thread is whether or not that we really do get these bonuses. The cap for + speed and/or damage is what is in question: is it 25% or 30%?

I take it, based on your reply, that since a skill's speed bonus won't stack with a speed elixir, and pre-existing knowledge that pets and passives get overridden by a damage elixir, it is safe to be under the impression that the speed passive does not work in conjuction to an elixir or a pet, correct?

Samhayne
05-01-2014, 12:35 PM
There is no cap. The biggest one rules. If you want the biggest damage % modifier available, then either go for the new 30%, or a combo.

You are correct that the passives do not stack with a higher % modifier.

Capolista
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM

So, the 30% elixirs are the biggest % bonus you can currently get in game.

Then 30% luck combo elixir stacks with 25% luck + 15% luck from leprechaunt (70% total luck) is a mythos ??

We only get 30% luck because it consider the biggest bonus ??

Morholt
05-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Much thanks for the responses, Samhayne. :)

And, of course, only the luck elixirs stack (such as buying a luck one, and then Klaas giving a combo), right, while the damage, speed, and defense take the rule of biggest one active (in the event that we used a damage elixir and received a combo)?

Zeus
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Then 30% luck combo elixir stacks with 25% luck + 15% luck from leprechaunt (70% total luck) is a mythos ??

We only get 30% luck because it consider the biggest bonus ??

I am pretty sure luck and xp elixirs stack.

Samhayne
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I am pretty sure luck and xp elixirs stack.

Yes, my comments were directed at % modifiers to Damage, Armor and Movement, not Luck or XP.

Kakashis
05-01-2014, 01:57 PM
In other words choose your top pets and don't choose passives that the pet would normally over ride! Kalizzaa is king on finding this out and I was so shocked and disappointed when I found it out too!

basketholic209
05-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Yes, my comments were directed at % modifiers to Damage, Armor and Movement, not Luck or XP.

How about critical?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

ClumsyCactus
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM

But, excuse my noobyness, does the passives for +25 dex get affected, does a PET with bigger buff remove that passive?

Zeus
05-01-2014, 02:10 PM
But, excuse my noobyness, does the passives for +25 dex get affected, does a PET with bigger buff remove that passive?

No, it does not.

Zylx
05-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I personally think the stat buff system needs to be reconsidered. Since they dont stack, then half the passive skills are useless.

Edit: Sam, if we have the armor buff from abaddon active, since it is a solid armor buff and not a percentage, would it stack with the armor % passive skill?

Defilading
05-01-2014, 02:21 PM
I personally think the stat buff system needs to be reconsidered. Since they dont stack, then half the passive skills are useless.

Edit: Sam, if we have the armor buff from abaddon active, since it is a solid armor buff and not a percentage, would it stack with the armor % passive skill?

They are claiming the fix for it has to come in a client update and will be here soon. unfortunately they told us the same thing when they said they were fixing the passives not showing up on your stats. like 9 months ago. So for now. as kakashis said, pick your top pets. Center your build around them.
Im quite fumed that my perfect gemmed archon of potency's 2% damage isnt actually applied though. took some time to get that gemmed.

yusuf bantur
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM

when I combine combo Elix Klaas, passive 5% speed, and the speed boost plus 12% of the kettle. why even more slowly than when it does not use 12% speed boost kettle. does anybody ever tried?

Sent from my Lenovo A390_ROW using Tapatalk

ClumsyCactus
05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
No, it does not.

Wich basically means that unless you use the same PET every single minute, those 3 stat effecting passives are the Only good choices?

Zeus
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Wich basically means that unless you use the same PET every single minute, those 3 stat effecting passives are the Only good choices?

Not necessarily, a pet like Samael gives great stat effected passives on top of damage and crit. Arcane pets are usually well balanced in that category.

However, for legendary pets, that is a good rule to follow.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
You guys overflew this too much :)

-Basically what that is happening is the %speed, %armor,%damage, and %damage/armor reduce dont stack, but the highest one overrides them all. Only these dont stack, none others, according to sam's post. For example, if you have 25% damage from elixir, none of the lower will work including passive.

-Crit and dodge are shown on stat screen that they stack, so I dont see how it shouldnt stack. Luck has been stated many times that they stack. Stats are stacked, I dont see how they shouldnt stack because they are shown on stat screen.

-Dont archon rings give stats that are shown on stat screen? Then I think they stack too.

Hope this clears your questions up. Dont just overflew it, only those % related to speed, damage and armor doesnt stack.

And btw, %damage pets are not useless actually. The %damage they give is only useless if you have damage elixir on, but as far as I know most of the time people dont use damage elixir. Even if you are on elixir, other stats work, so why so serious?