PDA

View Full Version : Cannot see what I'm typing

Roman56
05-01-2014, 12:33 PM
I started playing again after a few months but have noticed every time I tab out (press my home button) and then go back to arcane legends, I cannot see what ever I'm typing

I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 2 also I recently upgraded to Android 4.2 (Slimkat) kitkat. Also am using SwiftKey keyboard.

I've also tried reinstalling and restarting my phone but problem still persists.

Samhayne
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
You might try stopping the app and restarting it if you need to tab out and back in.

I don't have that problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

If memory serves there have always been a few Android devices with this issue and it wasn't easily fixed.

Roman56
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm not gonna close the game everytime I want to switch my music or send a sms or etc
There has to be a way to fix this

Candylicks
05-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Ah I have same thing on my S4 w/ Swift Key!!!!!

Spell
05-01-2014, 04:08 PM
This happens to me when I go to check other running apps like Kik or line.how I fix it is type an "invisible sentence" and the tap and hold where the text is supposed to be.Usually it will highlight the text to where it is now visible.i don't know if this will work for you but on Nexus 7 (latest gen) Works every time. =)

DocDoBig
05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
This happens to me when I go to check other running apps like Kik or line.how I fix it is type an "invisible sentence" and the tap and hold where the text is supposed to be.Usually it will highlight the text to where it is now visible.i don't know if this will work for you but on Nexus 7 (latest gen) Works every time. =)

Yup, this should work!

Schnitzel
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Happens to my gs3 as well, I just close the app, and relaunch

Itoopeo
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
You might try stopping the app and restarting it if you need to tab out and back in.

If memory serves there have always been a few Android devices with this issue and it wasn't easily fixed.

Samhayne... When i played AL, this happened on every device i have. (not pc) It is a BUG

The fix is not to restart app every time you answer to whatsapp message. That just takes time. It needs to be fixed. I bet like 85% of players have whatsapp too, and experience this bug.

And another tip for our brave team producer....
You can fix PL PvP by disabling chat between teams. So simple. Takes about an hour to do and upload changes.
It would make PL community love you again! Think about it. No one wants to be hated Team Producer.

I have played so many other MMORPG games in my life, and i can tell that Spacetime Studios is doing its stuff differently than many other companies.
You still have PL ideas and feature requests section on forums, but none of you never do anything with those ideas. So why dont you just remove bugs and feature sections and tell them that PL is now done and no more updates are coming?

I am just 18yo boy no need to listen to me if you think i am wrong. Just continue if you think you are doing right and you know best. I wish you luck. :cheerful:

Pandamoni
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM

Yes, this works on my Samsung GS4, too

Tendirin
05-01-2014, 07:43 PM
i think something is wrong with your device

Capolista
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I dont have a problems playing with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Still answering whatsapp message and return back to the game and nothing happened

MetalForce
05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
This used to happen to me on my stock android OS, but I'm running CyanogenMod and now it never does it. I assume it happens on certain android models (mine was ice cream sandwich)

Serancha
05-01-2014, 11:36 PM
This has happened a few times recently on my ipad mini, but not often.

Roman56
05-02-2014, 03:56 AM

This actually worked
Thanks man

Endkey
05-02-2014, 03:58 AM
What i do in this situation is that i press the setting buttion which leads me to the keyboard settings. Then i hit the "back" button which leads me back to Al..after that the chat works fine

Hoardseeker
05-02-2014, 04:34 AM
It happens to me when I HOLD the home button and open a active app and going back to AL, but I can fix it easily by clicking the home button(takes you to home) then HOLD the home button(shows you all the active apps) and select AL, it won't restart game but indeed it will be Fixed :)

My Device: Micromax A116 Canvas 2 HD

JaytB
05-02-2014, 05:20 AM
This only seems to happen on specific android devices (with a specific firmware maybe?). I remember having this same problem on my samsung S3, while I didn't experience it anymore on the S4. My brother owns several android devices and one of those had the same issue (not sure, but I thought it was the Xperia Z), while all the other devices worked perfectly fine. I also never had any issue with the latest iPhone and iPad, which are my daily drivers.

My guess is that it's more a problem with hardware/software fragmentation among Android than anything else. I can understand that from STG's perspective it would be unfeasible to try and optimize their software for every single device that shows some quirks, especially when the game runs fine as is.

What could be useful, is a topic with a lists of all the devices with known bugs. This way, people would at least have some way of finding out if their device shows any weird behavior or not.

Spell
05-02-2014, 07:57 AM
This actually worked
Thanks man
Coolio =)

tearacan
05-02-2014, 01:51 PM
i always fixed it to check free platinum offers, continue until you see the offers and just return to the game.

This is a BUG in the client, it occurs on all legends games on android devices.

Smokiii
05-04-2014, 04:59 AM
I started playing again after a few months but have noticed every time I tab out (press my home button) and then go back to arcane legends, I cannot see what ever I'm typing

I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 2 also I recently upgraded to Android 4.2 (Slimkat) kitkat. Also am using SwiftKey keyboard.

I've also tried reinstalling and restarting my phone but problem still persists.

On my Huawei Ascend g700 it's the same. I switch to Whatsapp, come back and its away. Always typing blind..

Shiro
05-04-2014, 07:12 PM

hey thanks, this worked on Note 3 :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hiosahaf
05-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Hopped in today. This issue is still there :/ using GS4. I don't know why does it happen (I know the solution it to it), but it's pretty annoying since it happened quite frequently!

What seems to be the issue? :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Zylx
05-10-2014, 12:55 AM
This happens to me allllll the time. It's definately not a problem with the server (if you take a screenshot, you will see the chat box), so it's an issue with the app itself. I usually press the home button, count to three, and go back to AL and it's fixed. If not, then i restart the app just as Samhayne suggested. It's an issue that occurred in the app-launch.

draalin
05-13-2014, 10:26 AM
my devices is galaxy s5 i switch to whatsapp how to screenshot on galaxy s5 (http://www.take-a-screenshot.net/how-to-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy-s5/)

That guide doesn't show all the methods to take screenshots. :disillusionment: This screenshot s5 guide/ (draalin.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-screenshot/) has all of them.

draalin
05-13-2014, 10:49 AM
my devices is galaxy s5 i switch to whatsapp how to screenshot on galaxy s5 (http://www.take-a-screenshot.net/how-to-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy-s5/)

that guide is missing alternative methods to take screenshots on the galaxy s5 (http://draalin.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-screenshot/), this one isn't...

Bigboyblue
08-18-2014, 10:07 AM
This happens to me as well. Only on my android tablet. IOS does not have this issue.

Atten
08-18-2014, 10:42 AM
This happens to all my Android software devices.Please fix it.It's kind of annoying!

MoloToha
08-18-2014, 11:16 AM
It seems like I don't experience this kind of issue anymore at Android 4.1.2. Although, it is a serious problem at Android 3.2 (probably at all others lower than 4.0, too) and needs to be fixed.

epicrrr
08-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Just hit and "home" button then switch task to Arcane Legends again, should fix it.

Candylicks
08-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Bump. This exists on Android devices still. All of them.