PDA

View Full Version : My First Elite Golden Dragonscale Chest

Zachie150
05-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Hey guys,

I'm level 40, and I just done my first elite run in The Wilds. To my suprise I got an elite golden dragonscale chest! :disillusionment: The only thing is, what should I do with it? I know I could sell it for about 80k, but on the other hand, to be able to get an arcane shard would be amazing, as I would be one step closer to the arcane ring. However, if I do not get that, what do I get? Junk or something good? Maybe a chance to get something better that I can sell for more than 80k? What do you think I should do?
Also, I am looking to join a guild to do elite runs with (especially in the dragon area). It would be great if the guild did elite runs regularly too.
Anyway, thanks guys.
Zajofa

keikali
05-01-2014, 03:38 PM
It has Arcane Shard written all over it. DO IT. OPEN IT.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 03:40 PM
You should sell it because you will sure get 3 epic junk items out of that chest. Spitfire is rare too so I dont think you will loot it. Remember to only open chests if you have some money to open a bunch, or you will just blow 80k away to get 3 junk.
Btw Im in the guild Elite runners and I can tell the guild is awesome. There are also guilds like The Collective, Farmers inc v.v . You can find guild threads in the guild section of the forum :)

Bunny♥
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
sell it first before gambling. Its better to earn golds and buy good gears for your toon. Just gamble with chests when you have enough golds to sustain your needs. :)

falmear
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Sell. The only thing you will loot is disappointment.

Zachie150
05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Yeah true, I really understand what your saying guys. Seeing as it's my first, I will probably sell it.
The only thing is, to loot that chest is quite rare isn't it? I can't see myself getting many of them.
But yeah anyways, thanks guys.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Unless you have enough money to buy and open a bunch for a slight chance of getting a shard for fun, dont do it. For example if you open 100 of them, you would have earned 10 mil by selling them (they were 300k back in the day actually, I remember selling 2 for 200k each), and if you opened you would end with nothing. Ive heard chance of getting arcane in elite chest = chance in crate (not confirmed by dev though), and you might have heard how people opened so many crates to get nothing.
Btw just for an example, if anyone just looted an elite golden dragonscale chest and open it and get a shard like you are hoping now to get now, then the shard is nothing. Its a fair trade though, get shard = you got everything ingame except arcane ring (shard 80m> now).

Ihateppl
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Open it, then feel depressed after you get 3 greens.

Iliketolol
05-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Open it, remember you can make 75m from it...

Kakashis
05-01-2014, 06:14 PM
if you don't need the gold, I always encourage people to open elite golden chests over crates for "FUN" only. Since locked cost real money, and elite golden chets are "free", it's a good way of going about it. Open expecting the worst, but know that yes, although the chance is small, the shard is still possibly inside and there have been people who looted mythics and arcanes out of golden chests. If you get nothing, your real life finances haven't changed and you technically only burned through some potions.

Anyona
05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Since the day I looted a mythic helm out of a dropped egp II I have always opened chests. You never know what's gonna come out and maybe one day you'll be surprised.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Energizeric
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
You need to understand this....

The market has determined that this chest is worth 80k. That means on average you will loot items worth approximately 80k. That average includes those folks who loot the 80m arcane shard. If you do the math, you will see that if you do NOT loot a shard, then on average you will loot items worth very little, perhaps 20k or so.

Understand that the average wealth between one billionaire and 100 poor people is about 10m. That does NOT mean that that most players have 10m.

Fauksuras
05-02-2014, 11:22 AM
I always open elite chests cause meh whatever. I got a mythic helm one time.

officiallyjun
05-02-2014, 04:34 PM
open open open

CrazyTank
05-02-2014, 07:48 PM
If you are really feeling lucky,then open it. I have the habit of opening the odd number chests I have looted (1,3,5 etc). If you have less than 20k gold, then sell it.

CaptainPoo
05-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Open it,you probably will get 3 arcane shard worth 240m:biggrin:

ShannKey
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Did u sell or open? Just curious

Sceazikua
05-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Open it,you probably will get 3 arcane shard worth 240m:biggrin:

anyone who is just randomly invited to elite and loot a chest and open it and get a shard? I dont think so.
Its his first elite, so I dont think he is that rich to gamble with a bunch. Selling will be much better, or you will just realize yourself blown 80k away (2x80k for lepre though).

Kreasadriii
05-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Open it!!
There is always a chance to get arcane or mythic from any chest than selling it in auction. Even the risk is get junk, at least you are the one who try to get arcane n mythic by opening elite golden :D

Keshav Agarwal
05-04-2014, 01:23 AM
DID U OPEN IF YES WHAT U GOT??

It is in capitals to attract the attention of Zachie150

Zachie150
05-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Sorry. I've been a bit busy, lol.
I haven't opened it, and I haven't sold it, haha. I haven't been on much lately.
But yeah, thanks guys for your advice. I will probably be selling it as I need the money :)
Thanks again