PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie Question on Gear.

w00dy14
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
So im finally in my low 20's and im in need of good gear. The AH seems a bit slim after 23. Pretty much nothing whenever I look. Am i missing something, where do you fill out your gear at higher levels? Thanks.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 04:54 PM
You dont need the best gear to level up though :) Trust me its very fast to get to higher levels in watcher's tomb, and you will have to sell the gear soon. Btw if you can find a hollistic breath with good price, use it, its a cheap but good weapon if you dont have big pocket :) Or if you want gun, find expedition or radiant rib.

Ihateppl
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
btw i am selling a good holistic, pm me in game, IGN: chivesncheese

Zeus
05-01-2014, 05:12 PM
You dont need the best gear to level up though :) Trust me its very fast to get to higher levels in watcher's tomb, and you will have to sell the gear soon. Btw if you can find a hollistic breath with good price, use it, its a cheap but good weapon if you dont have big pocket :) Or if you want gun, find expedition or radiant rib.

Kraag Crypts are faster than wt4.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Kraag Crypts are faster than wt4.

try it at low lvl and tell me the result :) Idk at which level it changes, but at my level now (19) wt gives almost half the xp bar (1600 xp) while I dont think kt can.

Zeus
05-01-2014, 05:35 PM
try it at low lvl and tell me the result :) Idk at which level it changes, but at my level now (19) wt gives almost half the xp bar (1600 xp) while I dont think kt can.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?144452-Guide-The-Definitive-Guide-to-Speed-Leveling-and-Kraag-Tomb-4

The thing is, you kill a lot of extra mobs in wt4 that do not give XP.

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Just try making a new toon and experience it lol, and you will understand what I say. At low lvl all mobs give XP. And of course I read that guide already, I visit the forum almost everyday ~.~

Zeus
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Just try making a new toon and experience it lol, and you will understand what I say. At low lvl all mobs give XP. And of course I read that guide already, I visit the forum almost everyday ~.~

I'll try, but are you sure that even the mobs spawned by witches give xp? Can you prove it?

Sceazikua
05-01-2014, 06:39 PM
I will if I can. I dont think still pictures can prove it, and I cant record video. But if you try, you will see what I mean.
EDIT: nvm I just checked it again, no xp from skeletons. Will edit again to show my exact xp gain from a full run, and compare with full kraag.

EDIT1: started with 663 xp (sr I forgot to take ss at that moment). Ended WT4 with aprox 5:30 minute on solo rogue. About 20 mana and 10 hp pots burned. XP gained 457.
Will edit again to show KT4, honestly I havent finished the previous levels on this rogue :)

EDIT2: started with 1370 xp because I forgot to turn off exp gain at level 1 kraag tomb. Ended KT4 with aprox 5:45 minute on solo rogue. About 25 hp pots and 25 mana pots burned. XP gained = 95 + 1600 - 1370 = 325.

Compare :WT4 15 sec faster, a bit less pots burn (maybe because Im a rogue that only used charged nox and ethyl's huge AOE attack), and gain 125 more xp than KT4. KT4 has 3 bosses who can drop lock and chance at mobs to get loki though. this data is from rogue solo, can be better at team play.

I will add screenshots as soon as I have them. I am having trouble transfering ss from tablet to pc now.