PDA

View Full Version : A "true" type of auction house

Ihateppl
05-01-2014, 06:59 PM
This idea come upon me while i was carving a watermelon.

What if when someone posted a item in the Auction House, it appeared only in that auction house. Such as, if i post a Blood gem in Outpost Auction house, only players that checked the Auction House in Outposts could see it, and players in Pier or Kragg would not see. This would help with a kind of "marketing" to players, because lv 41 players dont want to have to scan through a bunch of junk to find a good deal, and if used properly, this would help players buy what they need faster.

tankk
05-01-2014, 07:18 PM
-1 that would take my stuff longer to see and its a dumb idea :p

Morholt
05-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Don't really like the idea, but I would love to perhaps see an entirely new & separate auction house be added: silent auction houses. You can put in an item, choose to set a reserve or not (would cost a fee based on reserve), set the time period it is to be listed for, and then players can submit bids. Highest bid at the end of period wins the item.

I think this could actually fix the issues we have when we have new and/or high end items added to the game. Rather than blindly having to post an item in AH to see it quickly get undercut again and again. The old AH will work nicely still for selling low items.

The only issue I could see is select mega wealthy people buying up a certain thing at fairly cheap prices silently, and then refusing to sell anywhere near a realistic price in the normal auction house...but hey...we already have that issue with the arcane rings and certain discontinued items.

Ninjasmurf
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I rember when I was noob and thought all auction houses were different so I would switch towns to find different items. It took me a few weeks to figure out they were the same.. lol
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Newcomx
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I really like if there is no fee for putting items in auction....

tankk
05-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't really like the idea, but I would love to perhaps see an entirely new & separate auction house be added: silent auction houses. You can put in an item, choose to set a reserve or not (would cost a fee based on reserve), set the time period it is to be listed for, and then players can submit bids. Highest bid at the end of period wins the item.

I think this could actually fix the issues we have when we have new and/or high end items added to the game. Rather than blindly having to post an item in AH to see it quickly get undercut again and again. The old AH will work nicely still for selling low items.

The only issue I could see is select mega wealthy people buying up a certain thing at fairly cheap prices silently, and then refusing to sell anywhere near a realistic price in the normal auction house...but hey...we already have that issue with the arcane rings and certain discontinued items.
Then what would you use them for why would uouset uo time to be listed lols

Daniel Banuelos
05-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I rember when I was noob and thought all auction houses were different so I would switch towns to find different items. It took me a few weeks to figure out they were the same.. lol
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Htiek
05-02-2014, 02:05 AM
A "true" auction ingame

Hoardseeker
05-02-2014, 05:21 AM
A "true" auction ingame

Aaagh! Give me one of the Names :3 why did you took all?

Aziiii
05-02-2014, 05:28 AM
i like how Htiek posts a picture of his toons ....no matter what the thread @.@