PDA

View Full Version : A little tip on platinum purchasing

Blitzso
05-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I have spent a good amount of money towards this game. An amount I am actually ashamed to admit but I have the feeling any caped account is also on this boat with me.

So the issue. Today is Thursday... I had a day off from work and Thought to myself "well I could farm steels in the mini dungeon today" so I sent a purchase for 800 platinum ($50 USD) and awaited the *800 platinum has been added to your account* message, as it always does.

But what's this? No platinum? Now I understand that sometimes the store has a few flaws but I think purchases $50+ should be a pretty high priority for the STS support group.

I sent out an e-mail around 4:00pm GMT and at 5:00pm GMT I got a nice e-mail basically saying sorry ma'am our office closed at 5:00pm GMT we will help ya tomorrow.

This did aggervate me a bit considering I sent the purchase and report a hour before Support decided to end their day of helpin players that are on all hours of the night.

Since I am aware STS isn't incredibly concerned about the PL community as much as the AL community these days I thought I would give everyone a little help :)

DO NOT EVER BUY PLATINUM AFTER 5:00PM GMT!!!

NEVER EVERRRR BUY PLATINUM AFTER 5:00PM GMT ON A FRIDAY (Support won't be able to help you till 9:00am GMT Monday morning)

And of course you don't receive any benefit for your aggregation except a pre-typed, "Our sincere apology" letter.

So my advice on Buying Platinum?
Do it at your own risk if it is after 5:00pm GMT.

Draebatad
05-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I tried buying plat three different times with Amazon Payment Services -- bad mistake. They hold all platinum transactions for review by a real person. It can take 3-4 hours or a couple of days if it's on a Friday after business hours. When I purchase with PayPal, it's always within 30 seconds or less that the platinum is added to the account. I have learned to avoid Amazon and go with PayPal for my plat purchases. I hope this helps save someone trouble in the future.

Sheugokin
05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Just do free plat offers lol. Then send email to get it. Got 600 plat once from the free plat offers weekend.

FortalWao
05-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Just do free plat offers lol. Then send email to get it. Got 600 plat once from the free plat offers weekend.
Screw you and your luck thers are always maybe 2 offers for me each worth 4 plat... Wtf

largecommand
05-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Apple vs Android, my iPad always has offers for 25+ plat, and those are the easy ones where you just install and open

While my s5 has 2-4 plat offers.

programmed
05-08-2014, 07:31 PM
^Same with me. My Nexus has either no offers or only a few. A lot of times they don't even give me my plat or show up in my history of offers making it so native cant do anything about it without proof I did it. But with my Ipod I always have good offers that work usually and never have issues with them not showing up in my offers history.

Motivating
05-09-2014, 04:55 AM
Also same with me xD My ipod will have offers for 15+ plat but sometimes ill get some for like 40 plpat that dont work and then on my android i get offers for like 1-5plat

Blitzso
05-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Free platinum offers are one thing. Not much to cry over when it is free.

I am talking about real world purchases When you spend $90 USD on 2K plat and you get it 24 hours later.

I am not saying do not ever buy plat just simply advising you to do of at the beginning of the week and during their office hours for the best chance to receive any needed support.