PDA

View Full Version : Can't see new player?

Relytekal
12-21-2010, 08:58 AM
My son started playing and he is out of training, and I can't see his charactor in game. Tried to add him as friend and unable too. We are at the same location but we don't see each other and cant group. I am level 50 and he is level 12. He does not have anything but the free stuff right now and I was going to unlock everything for him but if I can't play with him not going to do it. I thought there was only one server?

Thanks for the help!

Ellyidol
12-21-2010, 09:30 AM
There is only one server. If you guys are in a town, it might be that your in different towns even if your in the same kind of town.

Best bet would be to go to the least populated town and meet there. Not forest haven or such, maybe a Lost Expedition town.

Vaelma
12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I had the same issue with a rl friend of mine and he was just a level 5. We were sitting right next to each other on my couch and just kept adding each other. After about 3 or 4 tries he got my friend request and added me. But I still couldn't see him in town, nor him me. I logged out of game and logged back in and walah! he was there.

Relytekal
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks will try this:)

Ellyidol
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I had the same issue with a rl friend of mine and he was just a level 5. We were sitting right next to each other on my couch and just kept adding each other. After about 3 or 4 tries he got my friend request and added me. But I still couldn't see him in town, nor him me. I logged out of game and logged back in and walah! he was there.

Yup, even if you are in the same town, doesn't really mean you are in the same town. Sounds weird, yes. But there are numerous Forest Havens or Baelfort Castle town maps being held at the same time.

You usually know if your in the same town via friend list if the "Join" option isn't available anymore, since you can't join a friend who's in the same town as you anyway.

Also, normal chat always helps since the whole town can see it. I think. Lol

Snakespeare
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes, it is better, if you want to meet up, for one to start a game and the other to join it.

Vaelma
12-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, it is better, if you want to meet up, for one to start a game and the other to join it.

That's a good idea. If we can't friend them by the normal way (adding their name) should be able to friend once in group.