PDA

View Full Version : Playing CTF as intended...

Energizeric
05-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Here is how Capture the Flag is supposed to be played... You work with your team to score 5 flags, all while trying to stop the other team from scoring. I think we all know this...

So instead of complaining about the recent update, how about you all post some ideas that would encourage people (or force them) to play CTF as it was intended to be played. And for purposes of this discussion, let's assume that the leaderboards, stats, and APs are going to stay and are not being eliminated. So please suggest changes that do not involve eliminating those things, but instead involve perhaps changing some aspect of those items, or changing the actual rules as was done with the most recent update.

Because the back and forth flagging that was taking place for the past 6 months, with an occasional 1-on-1 fight in a spawn room, is boring as all hell, and I have a hard time believing that some of you actually enjoyed CTF that way.

Please post your ideas.

Energizeric
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
reserved for my ideas....which I will post after reading some of the other suggestions.

gumball3000
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Add stats for how many ctf games you win ( flag to 5 ) and achievement. Possibly lower the flag achievement.

Energizeric
05-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Add stats for how many ctf games you win ( flag to 5 ) and achievement. Possibly lower the flag achievement.

How do you define a win? What if you leave before the game ends? What if you join 2 seconds before the last flag is scored for your team and you haven't left the spawn room yet? What if you played the whole game and scored the first 4 flags for your team but then you are disconnected and another player takes your spot for the last 10 seconds of the game?

These are all important questions that would have to be answered.

Doobiez
05-02-2014, 10:02 PM
The new ctf is more competitive and better but that flag ap is the only problem for me now

MetalForce
05-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Abolish guild alliances not attacking each other. Being friends and not ganging them is fine, but let's play the game guys

MetalForce
05-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Maybe if you couldn't see the guild or title of enemy players you could stop most of this