PDA

View Full Version : Pvp ganging solution

kinzmet
05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
First and foremost, please dont do flame/hate/drama on this thread.

This is just to get your opinion or solution to PVP ganging specialy on CTF.

My suggestion would be:
1. Remove the "Join" button on Guild list Window when your guildmate is on a PVP map.
2. Remove the "Join" button on Friend list Window when your friend is on a PVP map.
3. You will not be able join your party-mates when they go to a PVP map.

Why?
1. This will limit/remove the ganging problem on PVP (Guild ganging) because it will force
players entering PVP map to a completely random room.
2. Getting crushed on two fueding guilds on there guildwars on a room you started is
annoying, but without the "Join" option its likely that guildwars will not happen. So you
can then enjoy the PVP maps like the old days of PVP.
3. This will also eliminate blocking.

Disadvantage?
1. This kind of system will make a PVP guilds ineffective.
2. 5v1, 5v2, 5v3 or 5v4 and ganging will not be eliminated (but at least the guild ganging is)

The title says "PVP GANGING SOLUTION" but I only thought of "Guild ganging". But If you
had ideas please do share so we can help devs design better PVP map system for us to enjoy!

Xpothead
05-06-2014, 04:56 AM
I cant count how many people ive talked to who love the idea of pvp but simply do not want to pvp on AL because of all the ganking, seriously though how is it enjoyable to 3v1 someone? I personally enjoy your idea kinzmet

Endkey
05-06-2014, 05:06 AM
As you said this will make Guilds ineffective. Why would anyone bother to join a guild when the guild cant help him? (for people who are just in the game and not so social)
Guilds are supposed to have our backs and many people join guilds just for the PvP purpose

andreim
05-07-2014, 07:09 AM
there is a simple solutin STS should take in consideration. when you join pvp map there should be a new slot where there is only 1v1 matches. people would be chosen randomly or in party with a friend

kinzmet
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
As you said this will make Guilds ineffective. Why would anyone bother to join a guild when the guild cant help him? (for people who are just in the game and not so social)
Guilds are supposed to have our backs and many people join guilds just for the PvP purpose

Thats true! Thanks Endkey. Any suggestion you have?

BTW, this is why I think people join guilds:
-Join guilds for PVP purposes
-Join guilds for PVE purposes
-Join big guilds for marketing/merching purposes
-Join guilds for social purposes
-Join guilds for AP
-Join guilds for the guild's name/fame
-Joins guilds to have a cool title

Eliminating one for the sake of more enjoyful PVP is good enough?

kinzmet
05-08-2014, 11:12 AM
there is a simple solutin STS should take in consideration. when you join pvp map there should be a new slot where there is only 1v1 matches. people would be chosen randomly or in party with a friend

Good one andreim, and I think the the devs are already considering the 1v1 pvp or "Duel system" due to a lots of posted threads about it already. :)

Serancha
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Ganging is a personality defect. It's like leeching. Taking away someone's ability to play with people they know will not change it. They will just gang with whoever they end up with. Or, they will just keep changing lobbies until they find people they know.

The current guild ganging issues appear to be largely the result of all these overgeared players who have no game skills. Without skill they can't win in a fair fight, so they have to overpower others by numbers using dual maul procs and sam stuns in order to get kills. They never learned how to play so have to rely entirely on gear.

If mythics and arcane weapons were as hard to get as they were originally intended to be, we would not be seeing the game filled with maxed dual or triple arcane warriors who have 14K pve kills. It's ridiculous and is not helping anything.

kinzmet
05-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Ganging is a personality defect. It's like leeching. Taking away someone's ability to play with people they know will not change it. They will just gang with whoever they end up with. Or, they will just keep changing lobbies until they find people they know.

The current guild ganging issues appear to be largely the result of all these overgeared players who have no game skills. Without skill they can't win in a fair fight, so they have to overpower others by numbers using dual maul procs and sam stuns in order to get kills. They never learned how to play so have to rely entirely on gear.

If mythics and arcane weapons were as hard to get as they were originally intended to be, we would not be seeing the game filled with maxed dual or triple arcane warriors who have 14K pve kills. It's ridiculous and is not helping anything.

Ganging is not a personality defect :) I'm pretty sure about that, so as leeching. Those are both effective and legitimate way of playing yet very annoying to others. And most oftenly causes
player to avoid PVP. As with the changing of lobbies, that was nice approach but very time consuming cause you may always end up with the same lobby you left with. I always change room whenever a guild was already there but I always end up on that same room except when I waited for a while.

About the mythics and arcane gears being not hard to get nowadays, well that is enevitable. Same thing happens on all growing MMORPG. And lastly, about the unskilled players with OP gears. When for example the devs implemented what I proposed then those players will have a hard time grouping in one room to gang. :)

baddiva
05-10-2014, 04:48 PM
blind pvp is a good idea... if in a pvp room someone cries for help from their guildies, then what's the purpose of red and blue team? it's all supposed to be random, and in pvp, players should learn to work it out with their team, whoever it might be. but it seems not everybody could stand in defeat :)

Zeus
05-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Quite the generalization, Serancha...

Instead of complaining, you could, alternatively set a goal and work up to it! Also, overgeared does not mean that they do not have game skills. Just today, I played a match with an epic ring + malison, yet we still won. That says a lot!

Xenobiotic
05-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Instead of complaining, you could, alternatively set a goal and work up to it! Also, overgeared does not mean that they do not have game skills. Just today, I played a match with an epic ring + malison, yet we still won. That says a lot!

-,- because everyone on your team had better items aside from Meecah..plus Predator + Parf = No one left alive

Impact
05-10-2014, 05:47 PM

2 warriors ganging a rogue are immortal...

Zeus
05-10-2014, 05:47 PM
-,- because everyone on your team had better items aside from Meecah..plus Predator + Parf = No one left alive

Ders was geared with arcane staff. The other rogue had daggers. Scotch is one of the best tanks in the game plus he's well geared. Maul is useless in actual CTF, glaive or magmatic is better. Samurai is also a damn good warrior.

Pao didn't know what he was doing a lot of the time, we had to help him because he's never played a game of actual CTF in AL.

PS: I was just two kills behind Preddy, lol.

PS #2: Holy crap, you were darkbloodmage in PL? I knew you!

Xenobiotic
05-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Ders was geared with arcane staff. The other rogue had daggers. Scotch is one of the best tanks in the game plus he's well geared. Maul is useless in actual CTF, glaive or magmatic is better. Samurai is also a damn good warrior.

Pao didn't know what he was doing a lot of the time, we had to help him because he's never played a game of actual CTF in AL.

PS: I was just two kills behind Preddy, lol.

PS #2: Holy crap, you were darkbloodmage in PL? I knew you!

:/ Blu and Pao are fantastic tanks, serious, it took all 5 of us to take Pao down in like idk 10-20 seconds (which is, a lot considering the fact that he has a mage, 2 rogues, and 2 tanks on him with the flag) Maul is super good when it stuns, just saying.

And yup I'm Darkbloodmage :)

Zeus
05-10-2014, 05:57 PM
:/ Blu and Pao are fantastic tanks, serious, it took all 5 of us to take Pao down in like idk 10-20 seconds (which is, a lot considering the fact that he has a mage, 2 rogues, and 2 tanks on him with the flag) Maul is super good when it stuns, just saying.

And yup I'm Darkbloodmage :)

There's a way to take down tanks. If you were spending 10-20 seconds, you're doing the method wrong, lol. I'll teach you in game later. Or, you can see me take out Sam sometimes with epic ring in the tournament thread.

I posted that video for many reasons:
• teach people strategy
• teach people how to do the tournament
• teach people what I use and find effective

kinzmet
05-11-2014, 04:11 PM
There's a way to take down tanks. If you were spending 10-20 seconds, you're doing the method wrong, lol. I'll teach you in game later. Or, you can see me take out Sam sometimes with epic ring in the tournament thread.

I posted that video for many reasons:
• teach people strategy
• teach people how to do the tournament
• teach people what I use and find effective

Do you have a written guilde how to do it? or videos? :)