PDA

View Full Version : My impression of PvP this season...

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Up until this past week, I did not do PvP at all this season, and also did not do much PvP last season as I was undergeared most of the season. During season 4, I had the best gear and was pretty dominant in PvP. I had a 3/1 KDR in TDM and a 2/1 KDR in CTF.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up an arcane staff, and now have full mythic gear to go along with that, so I decided I would try PvP again after a long absence. While I do not have an arcane ring, I feel like my gear is better than most of the players out there. So I expected to be somewhat dominant again.

So far I have found PvP this season to be quite unbalanced. The balance issues do NOT seem to affect 1-on-1 battles so much as they affect group battles. Put me 1-on-1 against anyone and I can put up a really good fight and probably win most of the time. But put 2 warriors with decent gear in a party, and put any other combination of players on the other team and they will lose every time. I know there were some changes made to HOR a while back, but it is obvious to me that those changes were not extreme enough.

At one point I had a team that included 2 arcane staff mages, a mythic rogue and a warrior with arcane maul, and on the other team was 3 warriors, only one of which had arcane maul, and a mage with a crate rifle. The team with the 3 warriors won every single battle and we could not kill any of them even once.

I'm obviously not the only one who has noticed this, because after playing PvP somewhat regularly for the past week, it seems that 75% of the players in PvP are warriors, which means many mages and rogues have become disinterested.

I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but we have reached a point where the team with more warriors will win every battle. It would be nice if skill and gear mattered somewhat in that equation.

So far even with my arcane staff and full mythic gear, the best I can manage is a slightly lower than 1/1 KDR. When talking to other mages, I've basically been told that is the best a mage can do in PvP at this time. That is quite discouraging. If something doesn't change in the near future, I will most likely be giving up PvP all together.

Bless
05-03-2014, 04:00 PM
It's not the mage class that is underpowered this season, they are more than capable of beating other mages and rogues. Give them more survivability or damage than they already have, and rogues wouldn't be able kill them.On the other hand, I think that STG gave tanks slightly more damage than what was intended (maybe it's the magma claymore). Tanks do mage-level damage, and that is a bit too extreme of a buff for them this season. Imo, Mages > rogues > warriors (> mages).

Impact
05-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Pvp in arcane is bad..... Thats why i dont pvp much EVERY game I get ganged by people because im underpowered..... Dont pvp in al as a sorc or rogue at endgame unless u got the bes gear, if not a warrior( like in pl) will kill u in a few shots while slowly peck him to death and do about 20% dmg..... Even as a sorcerer with the bes gear, warriors with bad gear will kill you almost all the time 1v1 cuz they so damn op like pl's beckon stomp bear. No pvp lvl is balanced imo fights can last hours, pvp needs to be more fast paced and strategic like pl not about who has the best gear. Fights between warrior and warrior are endless, if a person gets ganged, they get 0 kills while other players get all kills due to op hp, dmg and endless battles, in pl I can 2v1 people and still kill one person before dying if lucky, but EVERY class has a heal in al its annoying. Al pvp is no where near balanced

Tendirin
05-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Interesting is all i can say lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellikyn

Cero
05-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I do agree that having more tanks on your side would increase your chance of winning but not all times.
I would like to know if their sorc used curse or did your team used curse? The sorc is probably the MVP not the tank.
Im guessing that the other two used magma claymore,
magma claymore's proc aura dmg + dmg per swing would hurt those tanks from reflect dmg of curse.
Anyways, i dont think more tanks is the only reason. I believe their sorc played well too.

Note: this is just an Opinion:)

baklolz
05-03-2014, 05:48 PM
IMO pvp is 70% skill and 30% gear. i have seen players who have the best gear but lack in skills.. this season i have made 3.5k kills wid 3k deaths in tdm :) and i have average gear needed for pvp..

As far as grup fyts go.. Try clock and curse together ;)

Instanthumor
05-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Don't underestimate Expedition Rifles!

Energizeric
05-03-2014, 06:33 PM
If you were to take 2 warriors with mythic gear and put them next to each other, and just have them both stand there and use HOR continuously and not fight back, even with my Kershal I could not kill them if you gave me an hour. They would heal each other faster than I could cause damage. And I have the best damage weapon in the game.

Warriors in groups are unbeatable. That is the issue at hand. If you were to have a 2 vs 2 battle with 2 warriors on both sides, that fight would never end, and that is the problem. Warriors need to be adjusted so that such a battle would end in a victory for one team. Until such a change is made, PvP is going to be unbalanced.

Anyona
05-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Mages need an armor debuff skill, we simply don't hit hard enough against warriors. My lightning sometimes doesn't reach 1.5k. I have full mythics with expedition rifle brutality so i've got around 480 damage which is decent.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Alhuntrazeck
05-04-2014, 04:42 AM
I'd made a buff mages thread a while ago, some good ideas were in there: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134977-Changes-to-Mages!
Also, check http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?145860-Buff-Lifegiver
Still think these changes would be useful to an endgame smurf. :)

Personally I feel no class needs a nerf right now; a little buff for sorcerers would go down well, though. I think it's unfair that mages get to be the only class frequently 1 hit if they don't use the shield :/. Rogues and warriors can survive those lethal aimed shots without use of a skill, but sorcs? They need a skill for it. This is annoying, especially since there seems to be a small delay in between charging and casting of the shield. That couple of milliseconds can have you hit by a rogue's aimed shot, 1 hitting or almost 1 hitting you!

Bless
05-04-2014, 07:42 AM
You guys don't understand the implications to other classes...If you buff mages, rogues are SURELY f***** because we struggle to kill the 4+ skill users with the same gear. In a mage vs warrior fight, the mages aren't underpowered, its the tanks that have efficient skill swaps and the damage, so they are OP. There is no buff needed imo, a slight nerf?

Trenton
05-04-2014, 08:34 AM
^That's what I thought, yet wouldn't rogues be the dominant class if they can already kill a warrior just fine?

Also gonna put out there I haven't done PvP since 31 cap and I was a mage, so I may be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bless
05-04-2014, 08:53 AM
^That's what I thought, yet wouldn't rogues be the dominant class if they can already kill a warrior just fine?

Also gonna put out there I haven't done PvP since 31 cap and I was a mage, so I may be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk No lol, 80% of the warriors use 4+ skills ( VB, Jugg, SS, CS and AT) and it isnt a walk in the park to kill these tanks - it would take atleast 45+ seconds even if you are maxed

Xenobiotic
05-04-2014, 08:57 AM
No lol, 80% of the warriors use 4+ skills ( VB, Jugg, SS, CS and AT) and it isnt a walk in the park to kill these tanks - it would take atleast 45+ seconds even if you are maxed

Yup

Zynzyn
05-04-2014, 09:02 AM
That vengeblood mana recovery seriously needs a nerf. Tanks NEVER run out of mana in pvp. Thats just so lame. Why must warriors have damage, armor, hp, mana, everything? (I have played all 3 classes and like tank most as it is so OP. My second fav is rogue which is the only class that is balanced now. I would love to pvp more with mage, only if sts did something to help them survive more when fighting against equally full-geared rogues and tanks. )

Trenton
05-04-2014, 09:40 AM
No lol, 80% of the warriors use 4+ skills ( VB, Jugg, SS, CS and AT) and it isnt a walk in the park to kill these tanks - it would take atleast 45+ seconds even if you are maxed

My bad, I hadn't realized warriors started using that many skills. All I remember was rogues taking some warriors out in like 15-20 seconds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bless
05-04-2014, 09:56 AM

My bad, I hadn't realized warriors started using that many skills. All I remember was rogues taking some warriors out in like 15-20 seconds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk Jugg is hard to kill through..

Theholyangel
05-04-2014, 10:33 AM

Patience Bless, when they render warriors incapable of skill swappping, 90%* in my personal opinion, will be at a downfall. I and probably 2-3 other warriors in all of end game, probably only use 4 skills at a time when fighting. Just wait it out for when they can't. A little motto I heard, "when you lose, add a skill!"

When I see skill swapping warriors in 1v1's solely, I tell them to use 4. They get mad at me, meanwhile, theyre the ones using 6 skills, say, against a rogue or smurf. I try to stay fair for other players, they do not. Simply say "I'll come back when you can only use 4, we'll see how well you do then." It Blow's them out the park.

falmear
05-04-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but we have reached a point where the team with more warriors will win every battle. It would be nice if skill and gear mattered somewhat in that equation.

Basically the team with most warriors has the greatest chance of winning. This is why certain guilds are known for stacking their side with warriors. This was pretty much common knowledge in season 5, so nothing has changed.

So far even with my arcane staff and full mythic gear, the best I can manage is a slightly lower than 1/1 KDR. When talking to other mages, I've basically been told that is the best a mage can do in PvP at this time. That is quite discouraging. If something doesn't change in the near future, I will most likely be giving up PvP all together.

I recall you saying when you got kershal you would have a 8-1 KDR and would be whooping all our butts. You can't blame warriors entirely for your 1-1 KDR.

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I recall you saying when you got kershal you would have a 8-1 KDR and would be whooping all our butts. You can't blame warriors entirely for your 1-1 KDR.

I thought for sure the kershal would make a big difference, but it hasn't really made a big difference. If every battle was 1-on-1 then yes, it would make a big difference. But in group battle sorcerers are still so squishy, and because I have a kershal everyone targets me first. So the same pattern keeps repeating itself.....Both groups run into battle, and I am always the first player to die every single time even though I got my shield charged. At best sometimes I manage to take another player with me due to curse. But when warriors are stacking HOR, it doesn't really matter how hard you hit them. You will never be able to kill them.

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Patience Bless, when they render warriors incapable of skill swappping, 90%* in my personal opinion, will be at a downfall. I and probably 2-3 other warriors in all of end game, probably only use 4 skills at a time when fighting. Just wait it out for when they can't. A little motto I heard, "when you lose, add a skill!"

It is much more than this.... Like I said above, if you have a 2-on-2 warrior battle, it will never end. Things won't be balance until this is no longer the case.

As for sorcerers needing a buff, I'm not sure if that is the answer. If it is the answer, then it needs to be something that only affects warriors. Maybe some sort of armor debuff which works in some sort of progressive manor, meaning it mostly affects players with higher armor, and has very little affect on those with lower armor.

Perhaps something like this added to one of the mage offensive skills (maybe fireball?): Armor debuff which reduces enemy armor by 25% of the difference between the enemy's armor and the caster's armor. So if my mage has 1100 armor, and a warrior has 1900 armor, then the difference is 800 and the armor reduction is 200. But a rogue who has 1300 armor would only see their armor reduced by 50, and a sorcerer with lower armor than me would experience no reduction at all. I suppose something like this would help, but I don't know if that would solve the problem completely. It may be a good start though.

I think HOR needs to be nerfed a bit. In most MMOs, mages are the ones with the best heal skill. It is crazy that a warrior's heal skill is more powerful than that of a mage.

Madnex
05-04-2014, 12:19 PM
1)The issue has been here several seasons, even after the changes in HoR.

2)Claymore's damage has been specifically buffed as a measure to assist with the current elites difficulty (?!?!?).

3)More warriors = greater chances of winning no matter the total skill/gear output of each team.

3)If the difference on warrior number is greater than one, just forget it. Three warriors can essentially keep the whole party alive indefinitely.

The only solution I see here is putting a 25-30 second cooldown for the HoR's shield to activate. Meaning in the hypothetical situation two warriors try to alternate HoR, the second one won't shield the group, it will just heal. Example of how this would work? Think of Scorch's awesome anti-spam Arcane Ability; there's no way around the reload and even if you do try to spam it, the shield just won't activate until the period of 10-15 seconds is over.

falmear
05-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I thought for sure the kershal would make a big difference, but it hasn't really made a big difference. If every battle was 1-on-1 then yes, it would make a big difference. But in group battle sorcerers are still so squishy, and because I have a kershal everyone targets me first. So the same pattern keeps repeating itself.....Both groups run into battle, and I am always the first player to die every single time even though I got my shield charged. At best sometimes I manage to take another player with me due to curse. But when warriors are stacking HOR, it doesn't really matter how hard you hit them. You will never be able to kill them.

Horn of renewal is an effective counter measure against curse. And when you have multiple warriors curse becomes less effective because they can block most of the curse damage. Also curse against warriors is a weak skill because they don't do any DOT damage. Right now shield doesn't protect you for long enough in a clash, shield drops very fast. So at best you can try to reduce your INT and boost your STR. But then you become an easy kill once your shield goes down. This is why everyone goes for you because mages are the easiest kill and they know it. And because all of our crowd control skills have been nerfed, there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Horn of renewal is an effective counter measure against curse. And when you have multiple warriors curse becomes less effective because they can block most of the curse damage. Also curse against warriors is a weak skill because they don't do any DOT damage. Right now shield doesn't protect you for long enough in a clash, shield drops very fast. So at best you can try to reduce your INT and boost your STR. But then you become an easy kill once your shield goes down. This is why everyone goes for you because mages are the easiest kill and they know it. And because all of our crowd control skills have been nerfed, there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Exactly! Even as recent as season 4, sorcerers still had the best stuns. I always would start a 1-on-1 fight with fireball and then slag's panic. Now fireball rarely stuns anyone, even with rogues it only has about a 25% chance of landing the stun, and on warriors totally useless. Yet I get stunned almost every time I fight a warrior. It's so bad that I find I have the best luck using Misty as my pet and not one of the many arcane or mythic pets that I have. For a sorcerer, when you become stunned you will be dead before the stun wears off.

In seasons 2-4, it was accepted that sorcerers were squishy and that we had to land many more hits to kill an enemy than they had to land to kill us. Our advantage was that we could land many more stuns than they could, so this would give us a chance to land more hits in the same amount of time, and this made for an even playing field. Now with rogues and warriors landing as many or more stuns than we do, we have no chance. How can we win a battle when we have to land 3 times as many hits as they do and we have no advantages?

Cero
05-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Curse does do alot of dmg to warriors who are using magma claymore.
Magma sword does proc aura that deals dmg nearby.
If a curse bomber mage knows and use that opportunity he can kill the warrior.
I tested it with hali, the magma proc aura dmg for him is only 60+ To 70+ while the curse reflect it to me for 300(non crit) -600(crit).
Not to mention the dps(dmg per slash) do reflects back to the warrior.
So curse isnt useless as what most know.

Edit:

Ehhh, i made a new meaning for DPS???!!! Lol

falmear
05-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Exactly! Even as recent as season 4, sorcerers still had the best stuns. I always would start a 1-on-1 fight with fireball and then slag's panic. Now fireball rarely stuns anyone, even with rogues it only has about a 25% chance of landing the stun, and on warriors totally useless. Yet I get stunned almost every time I fight a warrior. It's so bad that I find I have the best luck using Misty as my pet and not one of the many arcane or mythic pets that I have. For a sorcerer, when you become stunned you will be dead before the stun wears off.

In seasons 2-4, it was accepted that sorcerers were squishy and that we had to land many more hits to kill an enemy than they had to land to kill us. Our advantage was that we could land many more stuns than they could, so this would give us a chance to land more hits in the same amount of time, and this made for an even playing field. Now with rogues and warriors landing as many or more stuns than we do, we have no chance. How can we win a battle when we have to land 3 times as many hits as they do and we have no advantages?

With regards to stuns, I believe this is do to a combination of factors. One is dodge is pretty high now on rogues so stuns can be dodged, if I am not mistaken. Also I don't play a warrior but juggernaught removes movement-impairing effects, so may stop them from being stunned while juggernaught is active. I haven't tested it but based on my own experience, I believe stun immunity isn't always applied equally. I know I have been stunned way too often by maul proc in a match. If there is a 7 second stun immunity then I shouldn't be stunned so often by the maul's proc. But I know I've been stunned by back to back maul proc's by 2 different warriors.

Also kershal doesn't stun on normal or charged auto attack (unlike mythic gun for example). But we can get stunned by a rogue with a crate bow. And basically because we have 2 seconds of invulnerability with a total of 15 seconds of shield, once you are stunned for a few seconds you lose precious shield time. Anyways, nothing you have said is any surprise to me and I had to deal with all of this in season 5. And this is why mages were upset over how the kershal compares to other arcane weapons such as arcane maul.

Theholyangel
05-04-2014, 11:36 PM

PVP more often ener, you'll adjust. You're probably just rusty. I rather enjoy pvp at the moment, & you know me. I've been roaming around pvp since l26, just keep playing & trying. class changes can cause more trouble than good, sometimes.

katish
05-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Srsly, STS doesnt like mages. It's as simple as that :)

Hiosahaf
05-05-2014, 01:31 AM
I hoped to see a few words here about kershal here! (Charged attack issue doing lesser dmg issue and the proc and charging time).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
05-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Srsly, STS doesnt like mages. It's as simple as that :)

Logic. The only good thing they've done to mages was give them Tree Suits!

Fear
05-05-2014, 09:40 PM
What if... We just remove warriors invincibility?? Or make it 1 second or something...

Robhawk
05-06-2014, 03:53 AM
In terms of stun/panic dont underestimate the percentage of dirty players doing a permanent petspam with samael and its arcane! So what happens then? 1 or 2 of team A stun/panic-locks the WHOLE team B with spamming samael. What happens then? No one at team B is able to do anything and the rest of team A just kills team B in 3 or 4 seconds... I wont put on any names or guilds because everybody knows who has "ballZZ" and who doesnt! :D

edit: Its funny to play with my L41 warrior... nearly no mage can kill me 1on1 even with arcane staff and samael... (i lost a few fights due to lag or bad luck in terms of HOR/Jugger timing and a lucky crit) As warrior nearly no warrior can kill you 1on1 even with glaive/arc maul and samael. I killed Globolus yesterday 1on1 although his gear is far better than mine and afterwards he raged about 2 or 3 minutes... doing all he can with his better gear and he never got me below 25% health. I left after 3 minutes because it was boring but on the other hand it was to funny so i had to last a little longer to watch him rage. I know the times when i played my mage and guys like Globo just hunt you down cause its just easy to kill a mage. :D
The only ones to fear are dat rogues. ;)

Sry for offtopic but after month of "runnin away" as mage its a satisfaction to just stay there and say: cmon give your best lets see what happens and peeerhaaapppss its what i allways told you (here we get BTT then lol) mages have equaly geared nearly NO chance vs a warrior.

Joncheese
05-06-2014, 06:59 AM
You guys don't understand the implications to other classes...If you buff mages, rogues are SURELY f***** because we struggle to kill the 4+ skill users with the same gear. In a mage vs warrior fight, the mages aren't underpowered, its the tanks that have efficient skill swaps and the damage, so they are OP. There is no buff needed imo, a slight nerf?

It's not the mage class that is underpowered this season, they are more than capable of beating other mages and rogues. Give them more survivability or damage than they already have, and rogues wouldn't be able kill them.On the other hand, I think that STG gave tanks slightly more damage than what was intended (maybe it's the magma claymore). Tanks do mage-level damage, and that is a bit too extreme of a buff for them this season. Imo, Mages > rogues > warriors (> mages).

Tanks are buffed as they enter pvp. I still dont know why.

In terms of stun/panic dont underestimate the percentage of dirty players doing a permanent petspam with samael and its arcane! So what happens then? 1 or 2 of team A stun/panic-locks the WHOLE team B with spamming samael. What happens then? No one at team B is able to do anything and the rest of team A just kills team B in 3 or 4 seconds... I wont put on any names or guilds because everybody knows who has "ballZZ" and who doesnt! :D

edit: Its funny to play with my L41 warrior... nearly no mage can kill me 1on1 even with arcane staff and samael... (i lost a few fights due to lag or bad luck in terms of HOR/Jugger timing and a lucky crit) As warrior nearly no warrior can kill you 1on1 even with glaive/arc maul and samael. I killed Globolus yesterday 1on1 although his gear is far better than mine and afterwards he raged about 2 or 3 minutes... doing all he can with his better gear and he never got me below 25% health. I left after 3 minutes because it was boring but on the other hand it was to funny so i had to last a little longer to watch him rage. I know the times when i played my mage and guys like Globo just hunt you down cause its just easy to kill a mage. :D

Sry for offtopic but after month of "runnin away" as mage its a satisfaction to just stay there and say: cmon give your best lets see what happens and peeerhaaapppss its what i allways told you (here we get BTT then lol) mages have equaly geared nearly NO chance vs a warrior.

This is why i changed class........

Wish someone(sts) would give pvp some attention. For such a small part of the game its so huge within the community. Shame.

Daddyblu
05-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Guys warrior is not Op at all, I remember how Spell / Lia owned a full arcane geared warrior with maul and sam.

in 5-5 its all about team play, not gears , not arcane ring.

No matter how good your team is and fully geared with out team work they cant win at all over a bunch of under gear team.

We already proved this a couple of times, Gears is will help but end of the day its about team play.

Its nice to pvp with a group of people you already know, why you will know when and how they play, less chatting , argument and typing more killing.

Also it is important as a warrior and mage how to cancel skills. ( only this 2 class cancel skills like Jug and Hor )

Robhawk
05-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Also it is important as a warrior and mage how to cancel skills. ( only this 2 class cancel skills like Jug and Hor )

As mage your charged shield doesnt need any skill cancels because from time to time, quite often imho, that shield just doesnt appear without any other player doing anything and no its not the "not fully charged skill" bug its a different one... the most important mage skill with shield obiviously is at pvp just isnt there but the cooldown is! This means in 99% of all fight "gg" i lost. Then its also the same versus which class you play you lose to all of em without shield!

supersyan
05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
i don't know even if mage get armor buff they can survive. cause war gets 1,2 shotted these days by rogues

Sceazikua
05-06-2014, 08:37 AM

I can take down any rogue with the same level of gears of me as a mage in 1v1, sometimes those with mythic daggers if my lightning crits twice. Its the "class triangle" I think.

Btw I do agree that warriors are OP. They can do so much damage, and their skills stun too, and their HoR is OP tbh. If there are 2 especially 3 warriors in a team, that team pwns and they are basically immortal if they are close to each other.

Robhawk
05-06-2014, 09:34 AM
I can take down any rogue with the same level of gears of me as a mage in 1v1, sometimes those with mythic daggers if my lightning crits twice. Its the "class triangle" I think.

Btw I do agree that warriors are OP. They can do so much damage, and their skills stun too, and their HoR is OP tbh. If there are 2 especially 3 warriors in a team, that team pwns and they are basically immortal if they are close to each other.

You have to fear rogues as warrior... i agree when you say killing a rogue 1on1 as mage is a far easier thing. ;) Still there are some decent rogues who even resist good mages without having a big gear advantage.

Sceazikua
05-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Not so resisting with my ribbit powers ;) Though I received a lot of %!@%!@$! with my ribbit, like "noob ribbit", I still like to use it. Not sure what gave them the rights to forbid others using a pet ;)

Robhawk
05-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Not so resisting with my ribbit powers ;) Though I received a lot of %!@%!@$! with my ribbit, like "noob ribbit", I still like to use it. Not sure what gave them the rights to forbid others using a pet ;)

I guess Shadowlurk scares them more than ribbit because he only has 3 seconds arcane 40% crit and after that ribbit is useless! Shadowlurk has 5 seconds 20%dmg AND 20% crit boost, thats imho BY FAR better than ribbit and the timewindow to deal damage is nearly doubled with 5 seconds!

Bless
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
A day in the life of bless:
Tank? Breakfast
Mage? Lunch
Rogue? Dinner

I usually eat rawfood as a snack in between.

Madnex
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Tank? Breakfast
Mage? Lunch
Rogue? Dinner

As a fellow rogue now, tanks are defeatable in all times except the ones that are using samael. Mauls are easier than claymore users for me.

For mages, as long as you take away their two-second invulnerability with a bow stun, they're pretty much dead. Although experienced mages with Grimm (that thing kicks butt now) are still the hardest to kill, sometimes harder than samael users!

Rogues vs rogue PvP is just silly nowadays, whoever crits with an AS first wins and that's pretty much it. Nothing enjoyable about relying on luck.

Bless
05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Tank? Breakfast
Mage? Lunch
Rogue? Dinner

As a fellow rogue now, tanks are defeatable in all times except the ones that are using samael. Mauls are easier than claymore users for me.

For mages, as long as you take away their two-second invulnerability with a bow stun, they're pretty much dead. Although experienced mages with Grimm (that thing kicks butt now) are still the hardest to kill, sometimes harder than samael users!

Rogues vs rogue PvP is just silly nowadays, whoever crits with an AS first wins and that's pretty much it. Nothing enjoyable about relying on luck. Mauls are hard for me, because on an under geared rogue, the proc is a b...

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?

tharidom
05-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I only meet pathetic red legion and indo twink gangers which can't do anything else except to gang or run. And weak kronos warlord gangers.

Impact
05-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Imo sorcerer should have warriors heal, rogue have mage heal and warrior have rogue heal or vice versa, not immortal tanks...

Bless
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Imo sorcerer should have warriors heal, rogue have mage heal and warrior have rogue heal or vice versa, not immortal tanks... whats the point of a tank if they die quickly?

Instanthumor
05-06-2014, 04:25 PM

Try me.

Bless
05-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Try me. Food

Instanthumor
05-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Food

You're food for me too! Haha!

Bless
05-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Food

You're food for me too! Haha! Pfft...i eat spider mages

Instanthumor
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Pfft...i eat spider mages

Good thing I stick with skeletons now :p besides, spider just got buffed!

Bless
05-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Pfft...i eat spider mages

Good thing I stick with skeletons now :p besides, spider just got buffed! Still eat you. I'm getting my own skeleton soon, gonna name it smackdown

Instanthumor
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Still eat you. I'm getting my own skeleton soon, gonna name it smackdown

Try me.

Daddyblu
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Mauls are hard for me, because on an under geared rogue, the proc is a b...

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?

LOL too cocky lets 1-1 bless race to 5 with screen shots. lets see who is for breakfast!

Daddyblu
05-07-2014, 12:39 AM

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?

LOL too cocky lets 1-1 bless race to 5 with screen shots. lets see who is for breakfast!

Last time i check you always run when you see me meh!

Sceazikua
05-07-2014, 02:30 AM
whats the point of a tank if they die quickly?

whats the point of tank if they have double hp, double armor while doing as much damage (in real fight, not stat page) as us?

Robhawk
05-07-2014, 03:09 AM
whats the point of tank if they have double hp, double armor while doing as much damage (in real fight, not stat page) as us?

Its not double hp its even more. :D

Whats hp of good geared full int speced mage? Depending on pet and gear id say its not more than 3800! I have seen warriors with more than 7000hp...

mage : 3800hp + 3200hp from shield + 2500 from heal, no heal over time(the skillpoint is a joke). So 10k hp overall, no option to stack (yeah except some useless gun procs -> wont happen)

warrior: 7000hp + 7000hp from HOR (can be a lot more depening on situation) + Juggernaut which u cant specify how much it really is... I say when a warrior with 7000hp puts on jugger + HOR we speak of, depending on situation, of around 30k hp !!! Also there is an option to get even more hp with VB and gun procs, f.e. the imba-arcane-maul proc + stun lmao!

Also dont forget, as u mentioned, double armor -> So the 10k of mage become even weaker... To equal the double armor id say take the half of mage`s hp and we can compare 5khp with 30k+hp, while damage/crit-output is nearly the same. Imho the only mage option is to max crit as far as possible so can get lucky from time to time to win 1 or 2 out 10.

At the end the problem is easy: The open timewindow for the mage to kill the warrior is relativly short AND even an arcane mage cant deal enough damage in this short period to get the kill!!! Even for top rogues like Predator, Zeus, Lia and many more its hard to break warriors juggernaut. These rogues are damage/crit-output-monsters and struggle there from time to time... what for gods sake should the little mage do? In 1on1`s curse is not effective enough. Mages get kills in clashs if the curse-timing is good - thats it! So when a mage in CTF clashs gets some kills, which is absoluty possible, its 80% of curse not of any other skill... Put a misty in or time HOR good and you take the only mages strength away... GO HOME LITTLE SMURF... sad but true.

Jenvy
05-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Mechanics wise, your team's rogues, not the mages, are built to take down the wall of tanks from a distance. Optimally, 3 tanks would be countered by having 2-3 rogues throwing nox/AS combos left and right.

Unfortunately, at endgame, this is impractical. The more rogues you have to counter the tank wall, the less group healing/manaregen. Simultaneously, the rogue has crippling mana limits, and it's difficult to kill ONE properly geared tank without blowing a full bar of mana.

Basically, this is a balancing issue that will eventually have to be fixed by doing one of three things:

1) Severely nerfing the mana regen of VB to decrease a warrior's staying power, either by lowering regen by about 80% or by doubling/tripling the cooldown.

2) Making rogue mana similarly endless (my proposed mechanism is to restore 15-20% of a rogue's mana upon a successful dodge).

3) Increase the heal of HoR by 100%, but make it so that only one HoR dot can be active on any given player.

I feel like solution 1 would be the easiest thing to implement.

Robhawk
05-07-2014, 03:27 AM
I also ask my self why does the mage need 2 skills for a 2 seconds invu and BAD around 60% health regeneration while the warrior gets both even better with just 1 skill (HOR), with great heal over time and also by far shorter cooldown? There is something totally messed up... but its ok i like to play my warrior, lol. :D

Imho a quick solution without messing all up is:

Lower the cooldown on mages shield by at least 10 seconds AND FIX THAT SHIELDBUG!

Instanthumor
05-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Its not double hp its even more. :D

Whats hp of good geared full int speced mage? Depending on pet and gear id say its not more than 3800! I have seen warriors with more than 7000hp...

mage : 3800hp + 3200hp from shield + 2500 from heal, no heal over time(the skillpoint is a joke). So 10k hp overall, no option to stack (yeah except some useless gun procs -> wont happen)

warrior: 7000hp + 7000hp from HOR (can be a lot more depening on situation) + Juggernaut which u cant specify how much it really is... I say when a warrior with 7000hp puts on jugger + HOR we speak of, depending on situation, of around 30k hp !!! Also there is an option to get even more hp with VB and gun procs, f.e. the imba-arcane-maul proc + stun lmao!

Also dont forget, as u mentioned, double armor -> So the 10k of mage become even weaker... To equal the double armor id say take the half of mage`s hp and we can compare 5khp with 30k+hp, while damage/crit-output is nearly the same. Imho the only mage option is to max crit as far as possible so can get lucky from time to time to win 1 or 2 out 10.

At the end the problem is easy: The open timewindow for the mage to kill the warrior is relativly short AND even an arcane mage cant deal enough damage in this short period to get the kill!!! Even for top rogues like Predator, Zeus, Lia and many more its hard to break warriors juggernaut. These rogues are damage/crit-output-monsters and struggle there from time to time... what for gods sake should the little mage do? In 1on1`s curse is not effective enough. Mages get kills in clashs if the curse-timing is good - thats it! So when a mage in CTF clashs gets some kills, which is absoluty possible, its 80% of curse not of any other skill... Put a misty in or time HOR good and you take the only mages strength away... GO HOME LITTLE SMURF... sad but true.

You exaggerate. First, HP regen on heal is actually useful! It surprised me during free respec weekend! Try it yourself. Secondly, NO warrior can heal 7000 HP from a single HoR cast. Impossible.

I also ask my self why does the mage need 2 skills for a 2 seconds invu and BAD around 60% health regeneration while the warrior gets both even better with just 1 skill (HOR), with great heal over time and also by far shorter cooldown? There is something totally messed up... but its ok i like to play my warrior, lol. :D

Imho a quick solution without messing all up is:

Lower the cooldown on mages shield by at least 10 seconds AND FIX THAT SHIELDBUG!

What shield bug is this?

Robhawk
05-07-2014, 04:42 AM
You exaggerate. First, HP regen on heal is actually useful! It surprised me during free respec weekend! Try it yourself. Secondly, NO warrior can heal 7000 HP from a single HoR cast. Impossible.

Perhaps im wrong but i when i charge HOR it heals every time to 100% and if needed and while HOR active again to 100%... it doesnt heal instant to 100% if you mean that...

What shield bug is this?

You charge your shield but dont release it... at the point you release it, it just doesnt appear but the cooldown is. I tried this with another mage month ago, one charged it the other one standing somehow away and doing nothing... shield didnt appear from time to time and yes it was fully charged before! We both had that issue while fighting 1on1 and we thought it has something to do with procs or skill cancels by other players so we tried it without any fighting action and the problem was there too... I have at least one thread about it but sts doesnt care too much, lol.

Even if the skill is canceled there should be no cooldown you just have to charge again, yes... but u cast a skill -> it doesnt happen -> but skill is on cooldown? Oh well no problem i hold off that opponent the next 30 seconds to get the shield... lol This is class comprehensive a joke !!!

So f.e. a rogue not only needs luck to get the crit shots you also have to be lucky that your skill even applies... There are so many bugs sometimes i think this whole game is like a one-armed bandit... and im not very lucky on luck based games. :D

Instanthumor
05-07-2014, 04:56 AM
Perhaps im wrong but i when i charge HOR it heals every time to 100% and if needed and while HOR active again to 100%... it doesnt heal instant to 100% if you mean that...

You charge your shield but dont release it... at the point you release it, it just doesnt appear but the cooldown is. I tried this with another mage month ago, one charged it the other one standing somehow away and doing nothing... shield didnt appear from time to time and yes it was fully charged before! We both had that issue while fighting 1on1 and we thought it has something to do with procs or skill cancels by other players so we tried it without any fighting action and the problem was there too... I have at least one thread about it but sts doesnt care too much, lol.

Even if the skill is canceled there should be no cooldown you just have to charge again, yes... but u cast a skill -> it doesnt happen -> but skill is on cooldown? Oh well no problem i hold off that opponent the next 30 seconds to get the shield... lol This is class comprehensive a joke !!!

So f.e. a rogue not only needs luck to get the crit shots you also have to be lucky that your skill even applies... There are so many bugs sometimes i think this whole game is like a one-armed bandit... and im not very lucky on luck based games. :D

If HoR heals 100% of your health, that's sad. How much health do you have? 700?

And I honestly do not think that's a bug. It's similar with rogue packs. You do not automatically pick up the pack once you step on it. It takes maybe 0.2 sec to register before you get the heal, if you know what I'm saying. If it's that bad, perhaps it could be a problem with your device, connection, or who knows, it might just be you for all I know.

Theholyangel
05-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Stop trying to nerf warriors. The game PvP wise at the moment is fine, if any big changes are made, it screws everything up. If you can't pvp well, practice, if you still don't. Quit.

Robhawk
05-07-2014, 06:15 AM
If HoR heals 100% of your health, that's sad. How much health do you have? 700?

You are a strange guy honestly... everybody knows what HOR does and what i meant... only you the one and only arcane-Maul-defeater dont get it...

And I honestly do not think that's a bug. It's similar with rogue packs. You do not automatically pick up the pack once you step on it. It takes maybe 0.2 sec to register before you get the heal, if you know what I'm saying. If it's that bad, perhaps it could be a problem with your device, connection, or who knows, it might just be you for all I know.

Dude... i understand that you dont want to understand me, its obvious, ingame and here in forum too... When i charge my shield and it doesnt appear without anything else disturbing it but i have a cooldown ... what the hell is that if not a bug... ARE YOU KIDDING ME OR WHAT ? 8-O

Stop trying to nerf warriors. The game PvP wise at the moment is fine, if any big changes are made, it screws everything up. If you can't pvp well, practice, if you still don't. Quit.

How about that: You make a mage, level up to l41 get it to myth with a good pet and f.e. expedition rifle and then you step up against the warriors there 1on1!
I tell you what will happen: I will quote you:
If you can't pvp well, practice, if you still don't. Quit.

Bless
05-07-2014, 09:52 AM

"Fellow rogue"? Ign?

Last time i check you always run when you see me meh! Not scared of you rofl..ill do a 1v1 equal gear

Madnex
05-08-2014, 04:53 AM
Not scared of you rofl..ill do a 1v1 equal gear
90% of the arcane geared tanks can't even put up a fight when playing on the same gear level. So yeah, they'll just lose, get mad and gang you. True story.

I'm not gonna suggest to nerf warriors but the skill damage buff the claymores received is certainly more powerful than it should be - also the reason behind it was to assist in elite PvE (dafaq?). Changes on how HoR works would be very welcomed to prevent the silly situations where lack of skill makes people stack tanks and just alternate HoR's in PvP - no one in the whole Arlor runs PvE with two warriors anyway.

Merrrrrrrked
05-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Tank? Breakfast
Mage? Lunch
Rogue? Dinner

Lol
Cute reference to my ign Raw.

The last time I saw you Bless you got subbed out of a clash for a better rogue and came back to block our team.

But anyway back on topic I do believe that the fundamental issue is that damage has increased at a higher rate than armor and health have, making for a very large disparity.

Hopefully new gear will come out soon to (somewhat) fix this issue. adding armor stats to a new mythic ring or amulet may be very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless
05-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Lol
Cute reference to my ign Raw.

The last time I saw you Bless you got subbed out of a clash for a better rogue and came back to block our team.

I didnt get swapped son, I wasnt even in the Magnum team. I was in your team from the very start, before anybody joined. I waited until your two blockers left. Talk about hypocrisy...you are famous for blocking yourself, I have many ss.

Twinking suits ya better. Wait nvm, it doesnt..you got owned at L10 so you moved to 21, you got a personal a**whooping from me and <69> at L21 so you moved L26, you got farmed there by ruben so you moved to 41. GL with your next level hop.

Robhawk
05-09-2014, 04:41 AM
blablabla

Bless you are a very skilled player, no doubt... but you take yourself to serious, i mean TOOOOOO serious and there are players that can kill you 1on1 i guess! :D

Bless
05-09-2014, 10:16 AM
blablabla

Bless you are a very skilled player, no doubt... but you take yourself to serious, i mean TOOOOOO serious and there are players that can kill you 1on1 i guess! :D Yes there are, sadly (for him) its not raw.

falmear
05-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes there are, sadly (for him) its not raw.

Take your guild drama some where else. This is for mage drama only! :)