PDA

View Full Version : Chest Splitter Questions!

Zeus
05-04-2014, 02:09 PM

I need a warrior's help on this! On this chest splitter skill upgrade, it states that it will interrupt an enemy's windup as well as have a 20% chance to disorient them.

My Question:
• What is disorient? Is it like a stun?

Ebezaanec
05-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I believe that would mean lowering their chance to hit.

Don't take my word for it though.

Zeus
05-04-2014, 02:15 PM
I believe that would mean lowering their chance to hit.

Don't take my word for it though.

I thought so but I am not quite sure. Is there anyone you can test this on in PvP and get back to me? It would be appreciated!

Cero
05-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Oh from what i understand it supposed to uncharge player's charge skill.
So if a smurf is charging FB and got hit by CS, the fb will be uncharged.
Now that you brought it up, i dont feel the windup effect.

geosimos
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I thought so but I am not quite sure. Is there anyone you can test this on in PvP and get back to me? It would be appreciated!
we can try zeus!!!

Volt
05-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I've never noticed it work

Volt
05-04-2014, 03:20 PM
I'd give u a harder time if it did :p

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Is this what causes skills to fail but still go to cooldown? Often times I am trying to charge heal or shield and the skill fails, but it still goes into cooldown anyway, so in the case of shield I now have to wait 30 seconds to try again.

Bless
05-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Is this what causes skills to fail but still go to cooldown? Often times I am trying to charge heal or shield and the skill fails, but it still goes into cooldown anyway, so in the case of shield I now have to wait 30 seconds to try again. As far as I know, the skill fails are bugs or atleast they are not intentional. It just wouldnt make sense for it to go into CD if the skill is not executed.

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 04:27 PM
As far as I know, the skill fails are bugs or atleast they are not intentional. It just wouldnt make sense for it to go into CD if the skill is not executed.

Yes, I know.... It's rather annoying and happens quite often to me.

luka
05-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Is this what causes skills to fail but still go to cooldown? Often times I am trying to charge heal or shield and the skill fails, but it still goes into cooldown anyway, so in the case of shield I now have to wait 30 seconds to try again.

For me as a warrior, when i hold charged venge and I release it half second before for example fireball hits me my char produces that venge noise and venge gets cooldown but no power-ups show or apply to my char.

Energizeric
05-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I hope they fix that bug with the new client.

Crowsfoot
05-04-2014, 09:18 PM

I need a warrior's help on this! On this chest splitter skill upgrade, it states that it will interrupt an enemy's windup as well as have a 20% chance to disorient them.

My Question:
• What is disorient? Is it like a stun?
Chest splitter:

-firstly, all of CS's effects can happen in PvE. Some upgrades, such as disturbing wind up, are PvE only (from what I have tested). However, which effects are possible is dependent on the mob. Some effects, notably taunt, do not work on certain mobs unless CS is charged.

-interrupting the windups of an opponent is PvE only. It works on all large mobs, such as healers, and does not require charging. It rarely works on bosses but usually requires charging when it does. It does work on one of elite frostirs attacks but not in arena (its a strange skill). It only stops attacks that have a "red zone" before the attack is cast. Timing is difficult and I usually succeed to stop the healer's one hit attack by luck rather than skill (hard to time skills when you are constantly spamming pots and being stunned).

-disorient is a stun like effect that I have only seen when charged. I have done no testing on it in PvP (however I will of you promise not to be an aspirin holder and kill me when I take my weapon off this time).

-hitting an extra target requires CS to be charged.

-feeble works on very few mobs without charging.

-the basic pattern is that the "stronger" the mob is, the more likely you need to charge CS to land all its debuffs. Eg a spear chucker will be feebled and taunted without charging but a green giant will require charging.

-In PvP, only the feeble debuff is achievable from what I know (possibly stun too if charged, although your damage output is Mich higher without charging due to this skill's low cool down).

PS: I have notices CS misses a lot in. It has a very short range. This makes hitting multiple targets near impossible unless a rogue uses a trap or someone has whim.

supersyan
05-05-2014, 01:59 AM
1. it won't interrupt windups of bosses above Beal (rooks nest)
2. misses a lot (range is like colton AA)
3. need to aim manually
4. and feeble effect last for 3sec. same as CD
5. disorient is not stun

Ravager
05-05-2014, 02:12 AM
They took out cs stun in season 2 or 3 for PvP.

Serancha
05-05-2014, 07:19 AM
1. it won't interrupt windups of bosses above Beal (rooks nest)

Sorry, this is inaccurate. CS interrupts windups on bosses in all campaign zones. Not just up to Bael..... That would be pointless.

And yes, cs used to stun until about halfway through season 2.

I recall doing testing on the windup thing in pvp back then and it did actually cancel the person's charge if they were hit with it whle charging a skill. I haven't played warrior in pvp for some time, so don't know if this has changed.

supersyan
05-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I read that here . this is what a dev said on this thread. and from my experience its not working above bael when i last used cs
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89696-Chest-splitter-interrupt-work-again

Froxanthar
05-05-2014, 09:06 AM
CS have so many weaknesses. Is it still a good skill in PvP?

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Not only good, but I think the best skill to make enemies bleeding is CS (Charged).

Zeus
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
CS have so many weaknesses. Is it still a good skill in PvP?

Chest splitter + Axe used very quickly together can cause some serious movement difficulties for a rogue or mage.

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I read that here . this is what a dev said on this thread. and from my experience its not working above bael when i last used cs
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89696-Chest-splitter-interrupt-work-again
Works on sacred guards.

Mafiosos Guild
05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Although not the best pvp player ever but combination slash + sky high damage hits and fast recharge opposed to axe. Well = more hits and strikes instead of dps. So mauls if used instead of jugger would seriously do some damage! But get killed faster too so good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Although not the best pvp player ever but combination slash + sky high damage hits and fast recharge opposed to axe. Well = more hits and strikes instead of dps. So mauls if used instead of jugger would seriously do some damage! But get killed faster too so good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Axe + SS beats CS + SS every time. I even tested against someone using the same gear, the same passive, and the same pet at the same level.

Zeus
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Axe + SS beats CS + SS every time. I even tested against someone using the same gear, the same passive, and the same pet at the same level.

Try Axe + CS (with knockback upgrade).

If done together, it should cause serious movement issues as well as pretty high damage.

Serancha
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
CS interrupt does cancel charge in pvp. Tested last night.

Impact
05-06-2014, 05:56 PM

If done together, it should cause serious movement issues as well as pretty high damage.
Zeus ss and cs is bes for twink lvls, best dps build both skills have 3 sec cooldown unlike axe with 7 sec

Zeus
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Zeus ss and cs is bes for twink lvls, best dps build both skills have 3 sec cooldown unlike axe with 7 sec

True, but I meant end game. It really messes up your packs.

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 06:41 PM

If you notice, the comparison was between axe and CS purely. If you want to get onto the knit and grit of it, WM and axe has the has the highest potential ​damage output over time in 1v1.

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
True, but I meant end game. It really messes up your packs.
Used axe on my twink and was undefeated 1v1 until people started going ham on twink and using samael.

Zeus
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Used axe on my twink and was undefeated 1v1 until people started going ham on twink and using samael.

Have you tried to fight xbadboyx (while he was geared)? It's really insane.

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Have you tried to fight xbadboyx (while he was geared)? It's really insane.
What level twink? I was 14

Zeus
05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
What level twink? I was 14

I mean at L41.

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I mean at L41.
Sorry, I missquoted.

My comment was meant to be directed at this.