PDA

View Full Version : Hi PL, I'm Ruscour.

Ruscour
12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Hiya, I'm Ruscour, I've been playing for a few days now and it seems I'll be sticking around so I thought I'd post an intro.

Well, a little bit about me, I'm 16 and I live in Queensland, Australia. I'm currently working part time, I just finished high school and I'm waiting for uni to start. I've had an iPod touch since they were released, that's the only Apple product I own. That 8gb Gen 1 iPod touch, which has been jailbroken since 1.1.1 (ah, those were the days). Anyways, my mum bought me a 64gb 3G iPad as a present after seeing my final high school mark, so here I am.

The second thing I did after getting my iPad was look through lists of best apps (the first thing being that I jailbroke it) and I saw Pocket Legends on 15th or 16th of a best free game list. I was very curious of the concept of an MMO, I'm an avid gamer with a long history of competitive play (in DotA, HoN, and Guild Wars back in the day) but I've always had a soft spot for dungeon-based MMOs. I downloaded Pocket Legends, made an Ursan (because I always tank, because I don't dig bows or playing females, plus the word Ursan brings back such epic Guild Wars memories), and proceded to be confused by the interface.

Then I realised that this game is a portable hybrid of WoW and Diablo. A massively multiplayer online hack'n'slash dungeon crawler. It also has arena PvP and CTF. Now THAT is awesome. I have to travel a fair way to uni and back next year by public transport, and I hear the data that PL uses is pretty small, which solidifies the reason I wanna get into this game. I've got Cataclysm which still has a ton of stuff I'm yet to do in, but I find myself playing PL.

My Ursan is currently level 12 (nearly 13) and I've done every quest in the Forest Haven. Everywhere I read says you can't get past 13 without paying, but it seems that's now 18 because of the Bone Castle. The microtransactions system is typically scary and ruins game quality, but by selling content (maps and stuff) and from what I hear, the gear isn't overpowered, it just looks visually awesome (I'd like some confirmation on what I heard that the premium gear is weak in comparison to the rare boss drops at max level).

In any case, that was my life story, about why I'm playing this game and why I really wanna be a part of it. To see the changes in the 6 months or so this game has been out says that the game is only going to get better and better over time.

cuard
12-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Ill help u just add cuard (level 50 full cyber and void) chicken.
:cool:

Vaelma
12-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Welcome! Add me too if you'd like. Always willing to help. :)

Ruscour
12-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I've added you both, hope to see you around :-)