PDA

View Full Version : Damage or DPS? For Elite Maps, Lets Talk!!

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Please share your experience and knowledge here!
Do you think higher damage more important in Elite Maps or higher DPS? Give reason too :)

Eyrika
05-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Dmg

Goodfella
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Armor

GoodSyntax
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
In Tindirin, DMG is definitely better! For low level elites, DPS may be better.

Ellysius
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Don't forget health bro...
Try to balance your DPS,Damage and Health :)
I run Tindirin with Magma staff of Potency,more health...
When i reach boss i change to my rifle,cause of more damage and auto attack.

falmear
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Damage in almost all situations. Dps is only important if you use 2 non-offensive skills with long cool downs. Because in this situation you have time to spam your auto attack.

Ishtmeet
05-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Like falmear said, you need dmage everywhere. Dps is needed by rogues if they are using a two attack skillbuild. Damage increases the damage of your skills too, and dps is basically the speed of your primary weapon.the more dps you have, the more speed of your weapon will be.
Damage weapons include: hammer or maul for warrior, bow for rogue and gun or rifles for mage.
Dps(damage per second)weapons include: sword or axe for warrior, hooks,blades for rogues nd staffs for sorcereers
Warriors need damage as more damage=more heal. In mobs,rogues need dps and mages need damage always..

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 12:16 PM
But, is it important too while our skills cooldown? Because we can hit enemies as fast as we can

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Don't forget health bro...
Try to balance your DPS,Damage and Health :)
I run Tindirin with Magma staff of Potency,more health...
When i reach boss i change to my rifle,cause of more damage and auto attack.

Of course! But in this thread, i really focused on Damage or DPS only.. Many people though damage better, but in some elite maps DPS is very usefull I guess

Rare
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Of course! But in this thread, i really focused on Damage or DPS only.. Many people though damage better, but in some elite maps DPS is very usefull I guess

DPS is only going to be good if you can stand there spamming attack and not die. For elite tindirin... for the most part, its very difficult to do that.

I assume this is for Rogue. For sorcerer, I would say almost always damage. And for warrior... in PVE, who cares right?

Ishtmeet
05-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, dps is only good for rogue if he can stand betwwn the mobs withou moving and keep spamming skils and auto attacks. But in elite tindrin or nordr now, hammans and tose big glaians will one hit so, better to stay at a distance and attack..
So, go for damage in elite tindrin or nordr.

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 12:43 PM
So, if rogue good using DPS, they should use dagger and fight in melee range right?

But why many rogue prefer bow while they do elite maps, because damage reason?

Rare
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM
So, if rogue good using DPS, they should use dagger and fight in melee range right?

But why many rogue prefer bow while they do elite maps, because damage reason?

Well, your DMG/DPS is going to be mostly determined by the type of weapon you use. Daggers will generally have higher DPS than bows at the same level. And vice versa.

So you if you want high dmg (most skill damage) use a bow and right from long range. If you like doing more DPS damage (some weapons give splash damage) then use daggers. In this case, your skill damage will be lower.

Ishtmeet
05-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Well, your DMG/DPS is going to be mostly determined by the type of weapon you use. Daggers will generally have higher DPS than bows at the same level. And vice versa.

So you if you want high dmg (most skill damage) use a bow and right from long range. If you like doing more DPS damage (some weapons give splash damage) then use daggers. In this case, your skill damage will be lower.
Mentioned in post #7

Serancha
05-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Actually with the 41 Expedition / Raiding bows and Magmatic Blades of Brutality, the damage is virtually equal. The only benefit bows give is long range auto-attack, if you don't want to get smacked down by shaman guys. A rogue who is used to daggers is generally in the habit of moving out of red zones, but it does take a bit more attention during fights to keep it up. However, daggers do kill faster.

Kreasadriii
05-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Did rogue worried they easy to die if fighting in melee range at elite maps?

I realize rogue DPS is very usefull in elite because so high and really hurt to enemies boss n mobs, is it the reason why rogue can do solo shuyal arena or elite maps alone faster than another class? *curious while watching leaderboard*

Serancha
05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Arena records are almost always done using daggers, if that helps. For other maps, it depends on how spread out the mobs are, how hard they hit etc etc.

Morholt
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Rogues dominate arena because it is a single target and they have aimed shot.

They're good at solo'ing maps because they have a good balance between damage & health. They can deal damage and survive hits by spamming potions. Warriors can take hits better, but can't quickly kill mobs. Mages can deal great damage, but surviving big hits is hard. A good mage can solo the mobs quickly, but the boss is a slow part.

Rare
05-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Mentioned in post #7

Most of it. Yes. :)

Edit: See post #7 by Ishtmeet :)

MayaNatsume
05-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Good balance between damage & health will do better on elite map...

Kreasadriii
05-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Smart conversation guys, very helpful!!

I believe you guys already know that mage charged attack by staff hit multiple target, right?
Is it important if charged mage attack with higher DPS?
Is it make bad impact to mobs in elite maps?

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 11:44 AM
DPS is only better for Rogues against mobs, but is not recomended for elite Tindirin.

Eg Damage

MetalForce
05-06-2014, 02:48 PM
As a rogue with both magma daggers and raiding bow, I use my daggers for every map except elites. Elites just hit too hard, or a red zone is insta-kill. The main difference I've found is that with bow (higher damage) I deal more damage when I charge my attacks, at least aimed shot. Exceptional damage output IMO. But the daggers I lose some damage stat and DPS is higher, so I never charge my skill when using them because I actually deal less damage since I could auto attack many times in between, maybe even process a fireball. (Rogue mage!!!) When using the bow I only get one, maybe 2 auto attacks in between skills, so charging is more optimal.
Either DPS or damage, and the play styles that accompany them, can work for elites I think as far as the end damage output goes. But survivability is the key, as a rogue. Melee range is way too close in a zone that one shots you, so bow it is.

Capolista
05-06-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88373-DPS-vs-Damage-a-detailed-comparison

For a in-dept information check on that thread *_^