PDA

View Full Version : [Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring]: A Detailed Evaluation

Zeus
05-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Hello!

Visuals:
The ring, when worn, will have a fiery glow on your character's left hand. It will also be accompanied by two inversely revolving circles. The innermost revolving clockwise and the outermost revolving counterclockwise.

Stats:
Of course, the base stats will be the same, but depending on which gems you use and the quality of gems, you will get slightly varying results. The best recommended gem to use are tarlok gems as they will give more overall stats. However, if you want to take the cheaper route, normal fire/glacial/blood gems will work just fine.

Proc:
The proc is the tricky part of the ring! Unlike most procs, this proc is quite difficult to see. The visible effect is a baby blue glow on the character's right hand (opposite hand of the fiery ring glow).

Proc Mechanisms:
• It has the chance to proc while doing damage to a target.
• It has the chance to proc through skills.
• It has the chance to proc through auto attack.
• It can still proc when your mana levels are full.

Effectiveness:
The effectiveness of the ring varies from class to class. Below, I will list my opinionated ranking in terms of effectiveness:

Rogue > Warrior <> Sorcerer

• Rogue: The ring will give you a damage increase of a few hundred points on your aimed shot critical hit, as well as all the stats a rogue needs. Thus, the ring is most effective on the rogue class.
• Warrior: This ring will give you a nice heal increase, although your damage will roughly remain the same. If anything, your hits might increase by a mere 100 points. However, the survivability from the armor increase along with the heal increase makes this a great ring for warrior.
• Sorcerer: This ring will neither make or break you. It will increase your damage, but it does that not do much to increase your survivability, which is what a sorcerer usually needs. Will it help with the survivability? Of course! Will you still be squishy? Yes. The benefits that you will notice most is increased damage and perhaps slightly more survivability (especially under the effects of shield).

Hope this was able to unlock all the questions anyone had about the ring! I do realize that the proc is often overlooked due to the fact that it is very difficult to see, but do not underestimate it!

Reunegade
05-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Nice evaluation! :)

notfaded1
05-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Saweet man... great evaluation... the Blue Proc glow is WAY too understated but I'm also glad I have it too :^}

Also from what I've seen I 100% concur with your findings!

Kakashis
05-05-2014, 03:10 PM
good evaluation! I'll buy it in a couple of seasons when A) If I can afford it, and B) price comes down from the heavens hehe

Love your new vanity!

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Hello!

Visuals:
The ring, when worn, will have a fiery glow on your character's left hand. It will also be accompanied by two inversely revolving circles. The innermost revolving clockwise and the outermost revolving counterclockwise.

Stats:
Of course, the base stats will be the same, but depending on which gems you use and the quality of gems, you will get slightly varying results. The best recommended gem to use are tarlok gems as they will give more overall stats. However, if you want to take the cheaper route, normal fire/glacial/blood gems will work just fine.

Proc:
The proc is the tricky part of the ring! Unlike most procs, this proc is quite difficult to see. The visible effect is a baby blue glow on the character's right hand (opposite hand of the fiery ring glow).

Proc Mechanisms:
• It has the chance to proc while doing damage to a target.
• It has the chance to proc while taking damage from a target.
• It can still proc when your mana levels are full.

So, while the ring proc to return mana might be as rare as an arcane weapon proc, it has twice the chance to activate! This can be useful in areas where mana potting is not an option, but you are taking damage.

Effectiveness:
The effectiveness of the ring varies from class to class. Below, I will list my opinionated ranking in terms of effectiveness:

Rogue > Warrior <> Sorcerer

• Rogue: The ring will give you a damage increase of a few hundred points on your aimed shot critical hit, as well as all the stats a rogue needs. Thus, the ring is most effective on the rogue class.
• Warrior: This ring will give you a nice heal increase, although your damage will roughly remain the same. If anything, your hits might increase by a mere 100 points. However, the survivability from the armor increase along with the heal increase makes this a great ring for warrior.
• Sorcerer: This ring will neither make or break you. It will increase your damage, but it does that not do much to increase your survivability, which is what a sorcerer usually needs. Will it help with the survivability? Of course! Will you still be squishy? Yes. The benefits that you will notice most is increased damage and perhaps slightly more survivability (especially under the effects of shield).

Hope this was able to unlock all the questions anyone had about the ring! I do realize that the proc is often overlooked due to the fact that it is very difficult to see, but do not underestimate it!
From using the arcane ring in elite caves I can pretty much confirm that your anylisis is purely from a PvP point of view. The godly and armor and HP boost can reach stats of 7k HP and 2k+ armor with a Maul. It is powerful for all classes. However, I would imagine you are correct to say it is best for rogues if you are purely judging PvP.

IMO I would rather run in a party with a ring bearing warrior than rogue in elite since an immortal tank is more useful than a stronger rogue in elite.

Zeus
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
From using the arcane ring in elite caves I can pretty much confirm that your anylisis is purely from a PvP point of view. The godly and armor and HP boost can reach stats of 7k HP and 2k+ armor with a Maul. It is powerful for all classes. However, I would imagine you are correct to say it is best for rogues if you are purely judging PvP.

IMO I would rather run in a party with a ring bearing warrior than rogue in elite since an immortal tank is more useful than a stronger rogue in elite.

Thanks for the PvE perspective, Crow! Is there any way you can give it in an organized format so I can quote you and include it in the thread? Credits will give given to you, of course.

bramer
05-05-2014, 03:57 PM
What's the helm and armor your wearing called?
Nice guide, btw

Zeus
05-05-2014, 04:02 PM
What's the helm and armor your wearing called?
Nice guide, btw

Forebearer's Guidance Helm/Armor (Vanity) from the AL New Players Video Guide Extravaganza contest.

Zylx
05-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I saw you in kraag. Your stats are OP

Zeus
05-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I saw you in kraag. Your stats are OP

Haha, thanks man! I work hard to max out my stats. :)

Doobiez
05-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Nice👍

Endeavorian
05-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Zeuuus thx for the inside look! You rock!

Zeus
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys for the wonderful support!

Madnex
05-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Zeus you suck! You're welcome!

Instanthumor
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, when you "inspect" someone, you don't see the particle effect on the wrist (unlike the mythic or archon rings).

Zeus you suck!

+1

Madnex
05-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Proc Mechanisms:
• It has the chance to proc while taking damage from a target.

This is actually wrong - there's nothing wrong with the proc! The reason it activates causing your mana to recover while holding the flag in CTF is because technically, you're damaging yourself. Proof? If your HP reaches zero you will be awarded a death.. by yourself.

Zeus
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
This is actually wrong - there's nothing wrong with the proc! The reason it activates causing your mana to recover while holding the flag in CTF is because technically, you're damaging yourself. Proof? If your HP reaches zero you will be awarded a death.. by yourself.

Thanks, Asphynxia! You're a beast! :*

Energizeric
05-05-2014, 09:22 PM
I think 333 health and 170 armor extra for a sorcerer should do quite a bit for survivability. If my calculations are correct, that is the extra health provided by an arcane ring with 3 grand glacial gems compared to a mythic ring with the same gems.

Zeus
05-05-2014, 09:29 PM
I think 333 health and 170 armor extra for a sorcerer should do quite a bit for survivability. If my calculations are correct, that is the extra health provided by an arcane ring with 3 grand glacial gems compared to a mythic ring with the same gems.

I have a fried who has all three classes and the ring's effectiveness really does depend on the class. It is by far the least effective on sorcerer.

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the PvE perspective, Crow! Is there any way you can give it in an organized format so I can quote you and include it in the thread? Credits will give given to you, of course.
Sure, let me borrow your ring :P I used someone else's in 3 elite runs. I didn't have time to compare damage intake and output much (only that it kicked asprin). I may have also been slightly distracted by a late night routine. All I remember was my heal per tic of HoR was +300 from without the rig. I was stunned to say the least.

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Can you prove this, Asphynxia? O_O
He's right, I used to ise VB to heal mana on my twink when I had the flag. It's very low damage so its worthless to use this trick at end game (with VB, jugg works like a charm ;)). However, it may be easier to activate mana return by having lower HP and armor (eg rogues and mages have a higher potential than warriors).

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I have a fried who has all three classes and the ring's effectiveness really does depend on the class. It is by far the least effective on sorcerer.
I could have told you that. Heck, Jon could have told you that. In theory, PvE: warrior and PvP: rogue. As usual, mages get screw balled.

Energizeric
05-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Mana regen is pretty useless in PvP for mages. If I ever run out of mana in PvP, it means I had a really good run and probably have 10-20 kills without dying.

In PvE it's a different story as I rarely use heal in elite runs, and mana regen can save some money on pots.

Crowsfoot
05-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Mana regen is pretty useless in PvP for mages. If I ever run out of mana in PvP, it means I had a really good run and probably have 10-20 kills without dying.

In PvE it's a different story as I rarely use heal in elite runs, and mana regen can save some money on pots.
Agreed, the mana regen is more of a rogue advantage. Again, this is also a PvP concern where potions are nonexistent.

Zeus
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
He's right, I used to ise VB to heal mana on my twink when I had the flag. It's very low damage so its worthless to use this trick at end game (with VB, jugg works like a charm ;)). However, it may be easier to activate mana return by having lower HP and armor (eg rogues and mages have a higher potential than warriors).

That's cool, thanks! I'll remove it from my guide!

Madnex
05-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Fixed. ;)

Xenobiotic
05-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Fixed. ;)

Why do you have to be so funny..

Zeus
05-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Fixed. ;)
LOL! I only think that for you. :p

Kreasadriii
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Great thread about evaluation arcane ring (y) (y)