PDA

View Full Version : Client update?

greandeath
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
So to be honest I don't really know what this means. Can anyone shed some light for me. I hope something good comes out of what ever this is....

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
So to be honest I don't really know what this means. Can anyone shed some light for me. I hope something good comes out of what ever this is....

There are two types of update (main ones, don't knit pick me for simplifying it), Server and Client.

A Server update is like those we get almost weekly the server itself is updated, hence why you see the "the server is going down for maintenance" message right before those updates.

A Client update is similar to that of a server update but is usually a large patch of data. The big difference between a server and client update (for your purposes) is that a client update will require you to update the app rather than it be automatically downloaded like the server updates.

For some basic jargon: STS provides the Server and you are the Client being served. the Client connects to the Server.

GoodSyntax
05-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Perfectly said and absolutely correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Prahasit Prahi
05-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Client Update means updating the APP Arcane Legends....it's version changes.

Ex.the previous version may be 1.0.7 when new client comes it changes to 1.0.8.

When the client update goes live you have to open your Playstore or Appstore and have to update manually or else in 2 hours from the time of release they will force you to update the app......after updating the app from play store you need to download your new patch.

I've seen 3 client updates till now,2 came after or before an expansion and 1 came for the Crafting System.
The present version is 1.0.9.0

And client update also takes sometime because for client updates we need to get permissions for Apple so to update the App,it takes a quite bit of time after submitting around 10 days.

~Prahi

Crowsfoot
05-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Perfectly said and absolutely correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I try ;)

Zynzyn
05-08-2014, 04:31 AM
When is the client update?

Energizeric
05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
It's coming sometime in the next few months. They have not said when, other than they are working on it and it will come before the next expansion.

Zylx
05-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I believe our last client update was right before shuyal was released.

greandeath
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Okay so when the client update comes would I still be able to play on the phone I'm playing on now? Because this is practically the only game I like as mmo's go

Crowsfoot
05-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Okay so when the client update comes would I still be able to play on the phone I'm playing on now? Because this is practically the only game I like as mmo's go

Depends. I do know that the last client update made my original HTC Evo incompatible. It doesn't matter much because I had gotten a new phone a year prior, but I liked using it for plat trials. Now that brick is the "iPod" per say that I used in my car before the phone broke entirely.

greandeath
05-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Depends. I do know that the last client update made my original HTC Evo incompatible. It doesn't matter much because I had gotten a new phone a year prior, but I liked using it for plat trials. Now that brick is the "iPod" per say that I used in my car before the phone broke entirely.

oh

Crowsfoot
05-08-2014, 10:22 PM
oh

If you are using Android your device should be alright if it came predownloaded with ice cream sandwich or above.

Apple, I don't know.

Foebegone
05-09-2014, 06:05 AM
Client updates allow them to change some of the user interface code, so things like stopping pet spamming needs to be a user interface change. Same with fixing the player stats that don't update with passive abilities.

They can also add future bits n bobs in there that the game was not originally designed to do.

Ravager
05-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Client updates allow them to change some of the user interface code, so things like stopping pet spamming needs to be a user interface change. Same with fixing the player stats that don't update with passive abilities.

They can also add future bits n bobs in there that the game was not originally designed to do.
This

softbone
05-09-2014, 04:55 PM

This is the client updates, what it brings and what it does. Being done manually on our end.

TxTwist
12-13-2016, 05:53 AM

I wish it never happened - I'm sidelined b/c after update the game will not take my password. Very frustrating. Can someone PLEASE help??!??

Mess
12-13-2016, 06:13 AM
I wish it never happened - I'm sidelined b/c after update the game will not take my password. Very frustrating. Can someone PLEASE help??!??

Dude. This thread is 2 years old lol