PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate language!

kinzmet
05-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Good day STS!

I would just like to point out the message I always read on your
reminders the "Inappropriate language". I know the using them
will automatically makes your toon muted.

I attached here a screenshot of a guild name which uses an
inappropriate language.

<---> it means "Your moth** f***er" in the native
language of tagalog in Filipino. This has no racist nor any issues
attached but only the main point of "Inappropriate language".
As I was playing this game with my nephews ages 8 to 13, and
seeing those immature names being pulled-off, I was afraid that it
may affect my nephews in some ways like they started saying it.

I'm hoping for positive actions about this, maybe not only on this
guy's guild but as a whole. So I'm posting this to let everybody know
that this game is being played by a lots of kids and if the devs will
really enforce the rule, these players will think twice before using
these names.

Thanks STS for giving us this awesome game! More power!

Daniel Banuelos
05-07-2014, 03:40 AM
What if a hundred countries or more play al then that will be hard for sts to manually censor those words

Bro di ko makita ung attached images anu nakalagay?

kinzmet
05-07-2014, 03:45 AM
Yes, if hundreds of countries or languages with inappropriate language is used. The only choice is to report those to the devs because they can't know them all.
I'm doing this for the sake of our young players. What was in the picture is a screenshot on CTF PVP, the a rogue whos guild name is <Tang Ina Mo> as stated above.

Daniel Banuelos
05-07-2014, 03:57 AM
Just dont let them see such things

kinzmet
05-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Just dont let them see such things
There playing, I just saw it and took a screeny.

Daddyblu
05-07-2014, 04:04 AM
lol yaan mo mga noob kasi mga yan and wlang ma gawa sa buhay nila.

CrazyTank
05-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Your 8 year's old nephews play this game?. There is a minimum age requirement to play this game

Crowsfoot
05-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Your 8 year's old nephews play this game?. There is a minimum age requirement to play this game
And it's 13 as I was painfully made aware when cracking an obvious joke with a Dev (FYI, I am not 2 months old).

I was told I was given fair warning. That, even joking about being younger than 13 will get your account banned.

leoakre
05-07-2014, 07:03 AM
And it's 13 as I was painfully made aware when cracking an obvious joke with a Dev (FYI, I am not 2 months old).

I was told I was given fair warning. That, even joking about being younger than 13 will get your account banned.
You mean I can't allow my little girl to make my pets run hog wild around a town anymore while I run to the kitchen or switch out the laundry for her amusement because she absolutely adores animals and creatures of all types just because STS wont enforce their own rule for fear that she might learn a naughty word that she shouldn't?! (Whew! Can you say 'run-on sentence) How uttery sad!
:sorrow::greedy_dollars:

P.S. I never allow her to play the game; she just likes the pets!

Crowsfoot
05-07-2014, 07:10 AM
You mean I can't allow my little girl to make my pets run hog wild around a town anymore while I run to the kitchen or switch out the laundry for her amusement because she absolutely adores animals and creatures of all types just because STS wont enforce their own rule for fear that she might learn a naughty word that she shouldn't?! (Whew! Can you say 'run-on sentence) How uttery sad!

Lol, I have never wished for punctuation more in my life xD

Like your pets, your sentences are running.

Alhuntrazeck
05-07-2014, 07:14 AM

So cute >.<

Kellhus
05-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Doesn't matter 8 or 13. The rule is the rule and if incidents luke these are pointed out the name should be changed. I've seen sts chg toon names for much less.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Candylicks
05-07-2014, 07:45 AM
The forum isn't the place to air this sort of business, just send email to support along with the screen shot and a link to the translation. They will take care of it. Furthermore it's sad people try and pull off these kinds of names in game. I can understand your frustration, it's highly offensive.

Hoardseeker
05-07-2014, 08:53 AM
12.Do not directly "call out" players by name for things like scamming, hacking or abuse. Report them through the proper channels.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?153068-Read-Before-Posting

E-Mail: Support@spacetimestudios.com

kinzmet
05-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Doesn't matter 8 or 13. The rule is the rule and if incidents luke these are pointed out the name should be changed. I've seen sts chg toon names for much less.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Thanks for setting the discussion rigth back on tract.

Justg
05-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Got it, thanks!