PDA

View Full Version : Mana as a factor of Dodge

Jenvy
05-07-2014, 03:45 AM
So I've been thinking of a way to buff rogue mana without making game breaking changes.

And I think I've finally figured out how to do it.

Every time a player (all classes not just rogues) dodges successfully, a percentage of their mana is restored (15% seems reasonable).

The regen would not be without some amount of risk, as a player would have to expose themselves to damage for it to proc.

What do you think devs?

Edit: since people think 15% would be op, how about 5%?

And don't tell me that's op or I'll freaking slap you. Even if you jumped into a melee with 70% dodge and managed to dodge 15 of 20 attacks, that wouldn't even net you a full bar of mana.

The suggestion is the mechanism of return, not the percent returned.

Xeusx
05-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Holy!
+100000000

Orageunas
05-07-2014, 04:28 AM
+1000000000!

Xeusx
05-07-2014, 04:56 AM
+1000000000!
Lol look at this

HOLY!
+1000000000000000000000000000000000

Instanthumor
05-07-2014, 04:57 AM
Lol NOPE.

CrazyTank
05-07-2014, 04:58 AM
You are pretty new to AL. Aren't you?

Orageunas
05-07-2014, 05:30 AM
+1000000000!
Lol look at this

HOLY!
+1000000000000000000000000000000000
Lol but seriously this idea isnt going to happend...

Alhuntrazeck
05-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Lol@15%. OP much?

Rogues dodge like half the auto attacks and pet attacks. 15% per dodge is way over 200% mana in a group fight! ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE RAZOR SHIELD.

Besides, mana is basically the rogue's only weakness. Remove that, and what do you have? A killing machine with nothing holding it back.

(Also, no use for mages! D:> I'll miss us mana batteries)

Sceazikua
05-07-2014, 05:44 AM
LOL ...

Theholyangel
05-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Lol@15%. OP much?

Rogues dodge like half the auto attacks and pet attacks. 15% per dodge is way over 200% mana in a group fight! ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE RAZOR SHIELD.

Besides, mana is basically the rogue's only weakness. Remove that, and what do you have? A killing machine with nothing holding it back.

(Also, no use for mages! D:> I'll miss us mana batteries)

^ agreed, useless for warriors as well. Mana is of no issue for us. I fought a rogue that dodged one skill & 5 melees in a row after that, that'd be 90% back off the bat. Too much, warriors already have trouble killing rogues, no mana is usually the only way they win.

Archerios
05-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Nope nope nope.As a sorcerer, I prefer to play save and not to get hit so I have a chance to restore some of my mana point.
I still remember when warrior vengeful blood skill just restore their mana 100% everytime they use it and what do we get?HoR + Vengeful blood = Invicible.
Rogue got 45%+ dodge and its almost half of every attack they will have a chance to restore their mana.
Instead,put some of your stats point to int wont hurt you much or use pet that can heal your mana.

epicrrr
05-07-2014, 06:10 AM
-1. nope nope nope nope

Jenvy
05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Fine how about 5%?

The amount returned isn't really the suggestion. The mechanism is. It would obviously need to be adjusted to not be OP.

CrazyTank
05-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Fine how about 5%?

The amount returned isn't really the suggestion. The mechanism is. It would obviously need to be adjusted to not be OP.
no. Don't you understand what they said? They are not talking about %. If you have trouble playing rogue because of mana then shift to mage/warrior

Spell
05-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I'll agree if it restores HP on mage instead of mana =P

Honestly I don't think this would be implemented. But good idea.

Jenvy
05-07-2014, 08:00 AM
no. Don't you understand what they said? They are not talking about %. If you have trouble playing rogue because of mana then shift to mage/warrior

Fine, let's make it 1% return. As I said, the % back is not my argument.

With 1%, say you dodge 15 times in a pvp clusterfck. If it was 1% return that would only be 15% back. That's maybe like 2-3 aimed shots, even if you have 1800+ max mana with singe and arcane ring.

So no. I don't understand why the mechanism itself is unreasonable.

If you're simply arguing that endgame rogues don't need a plausible way to effectively regen some of their mana (pet regen is generally crappy), then we're at an impasse, because I disagree.

Bless
05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
+100000!

Love the idea! And 1% or 2% is fine, and maybe too low if I'm not being to forward, atleast this could help one of the (useless) main stat of a rogue be actually useful - from a pvp perspective.

Hoardseeker
05-07-2014, 10:14 AM
No no no -1000000000.

You're getting into the "+" point of Sorcs, Indeed Rogues must lack Mana and get Killed by Sorcs *Muhahahah* or They Spam Aimed Shot and land into Killing Spree

Giuewek
05-07-2014, 11:05 AM
-1!!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Ishtmeet
05-07-2014, 01:49 PM
If that happened, Warrior vs Rogue = *.*

Speedofsound
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
-1 i play rogue as my main and i can agree mana is our only main weakness. Giving us the ability to gain mana through dodge would shatter balance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Bless
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Something still has to be done about the dodge...the only thing dodge is useful for in pvp is avoiding auto [ charged auto stun] and pet attacks (cant avoid AA either I think). Its one of the 2 base stats of a rogue, yet its useless. It must be compensated for shouldnt it..?

Instanthumor
05-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Something still has to be done about the dodge...the only thing dodge is useful for in pvp is avoiding auto [ charged auto stun] and pet attacks (cant avoid AA either I think). Its one of the 2 base stats of a rogue, yet its useless. It must be compensated for shouldnt it..?

FFS Bless, quit your rogue buff yapping.

falmear
05-07-2014, 05:31 PM

No. If you want unlimited mana you picked the wrong class. Play a mage or add more INT to your build. I can assure you with 6k mana I have no mana issues. I so infrequently use mana pots when I do run out of mana I am surprised.

Bless
05-07-2014, 05:41 PM

No. If you want unlimited mana you picked the wrong class. Play a mage or add more INT to your build. I can assure you with 6k mana I have no mana issues. I so infrequently use mana pots when I do run out of mana I am surprised. No falm...I went out of topic and meant that some buff has to be given in place of the big dodge sacrifice that rogues make. Not necessarily a mana buff.

Atm I really dont mind mana issues; I liked the OP's idea as a bonus buff - not a game changing OP rambo proc.

falmear
05-07-2014, 06:08 PM
No falm...I went out of topic and meant that some buff has to be given in place of the big dodge sacrifice that rogues make. Not necessarily a mana buff.

Atm I really dont mind mana issues; I liked the OP's idea as a bonus buff - not a game changing OP rambo proc.

Rogues:

1) Dodge works in PvE and not PvP.

Mages:

1) Ice doesn't freeze In PvP
2) Gale doesn't knock back in PvP
3) time shift doesn't root in PvP
4) Fireball doesn't knock down
5) Hit chance reduction doesn't work on skills in PvP

So who has the bigger sacrifice? If you allow dodge then I want all mage skills unnerfed & working in PvP. What did mages get when they nerfed all of these skills?

Wutzgood
05-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Rogues:

1) Dodge works in PvE and not PvP.

Mages:

1) Ice doesn't freeze In PvP
2) Gale doesn't knock back in PvP
3) time shift doesn't root in PvP
4) Fireball doesn't knock down
5) Hit chance reduction doesn't work on skills in PvP

So who has the bigger sacrifice? If you allow dodge then I want all mage skills unnerfed & working in PvP. What did mages get when they nerfed all of these skills?

I'd agree with the dodge boost to rogues of these mage skills worked in pvp. As of now tho they need to keep the one weakness they have. Bad idea overall.

Hoardseeker
05-07-2014, 10:35 PM
-1 Go and get a Mage on your side and ask him to give Mana through life giver! Lol

Sceazikua
05-07-2014, 11:37 PM

lolol being able to avoid half of the hits in PvE all the time = useless? plus razor shield = 70% dodge, whim or dodge pet = gg, never run out of mana while being a killing machine.
And in PvP, guess which class has to take time to wait until rogue runs out of mana to win, while they have to use what kind of attacks on those rogues. Not a big game changer? Nice try.