PDA

View Full Version : Revamping the Leaderboards!

Alhuntrazeck
05-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Hey y'all!

So a couple of days ago we had a very interesting convo in the chatbox; it was about a new type of leaderboards, Seasonal Leaderboards.

Disclaimer: This is NOT my idea. It has been suggested before. I am simply refining the existing idea with some of my own.

What are Seasonal Leaderboards? It's just what the name says; a new type of Leaderboards that update every season.

Here's how I feel it should work:

I. There should be a new kill counter.

And that should open up to a new page:

(Forgive my kiddy Paint editing skills).

The way this would work is, say a person has 10.1k CTF kills. If he kills once, he gets a kill added to the Seasonal LB counter for PvP and one to the CTF counter as well. Same with flags. A separate counter for TDM can also be added.

II. There should be a new LB section called Seasonal (PvE) and Seasonal (PvP), with sub-sections just like the current LBs. To get on the Seasonal LBs, one would have to get their Seasonal LB counter really high.

The idea behind this is, people who started late in the game will have as much chance to get on the leaderboards as people who started way earlier do. This would show who are the real "pro"s, not just who started playing first. ;)

Thoughts?

Hoardseeker
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
It is simply Awesome!

+1

epicrrr
05-07-2014, 11:25 AM
I remember Remiem asking dev if is it possible? The response was if i remember correctly that AL doesnt count PVP points depending on time
I bet they'll have to rewrite pvp code to make the system sandbox each points depending on season? Or its just not possible tech wise.

Zynzyn
05-08-2014, 03:53 AM
+ 1 to LB turning seasonal.

Madnex
05-08-2014, 04:33 AM
+infinity for seasonal LB's.

With all the new fixes and changes, the old LB's are effin cemented.

Froxanthar
05-08-2014, 05:02 AM
+1 Great idea. So new player doesn't feel that they have left behind.

Serancha
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Pheonix guild supports this initiative x1000.

That's +312k

samuraisoul
05-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Alhy sometimes you seem smart!

Full support on this idea... does this includes special banners and actual LB or just for personal use?

Alhuntrazeck
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Alhy sometimes you seem smart!

Full support on this idea... does this includes special banners and actual LB or just for personal use?
Lol, I am smart. You just need to change perspective! :p

I think separate banners would be cool, so the early players don't get pulled out of the spotlight by us newbies rocking the same banner! :D

P.S: Did anyone notice something funny about mages in my pic? xD

Uikuha
05-09-2014, 09:32 PM
+1
Hope this idea will be implemented :D

Sorry my English

Alhuntrazeck
05-10-2014, 10:52 AM
I messed around a bit with Paint, and here's how a CTF seasonal banner could look:
Haven't figured out how to edit out the crown which symbolizes the Best Banner Ever 2013 banner...:mad:

suckyiknow
05-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Nice! +1m