PDA

View Full Version : pocket legends on pc

azzasin
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
is there any news on the release of pl on the pc.
DATE:

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Sometime next year or so. They really havent told us much about when and if they have any exact dates.

azzasin
12-24-2010, 10:10 PM
oh that sucks. ive heard several roumors that i was going 2 be released before the nd of the year.

icantgetkills
12-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Early next year.. Jan or feb so not to Long of a wait

namehere
12-24-2010, 10:44 PM
pc? thats gonna be crazy buying plat in HD!

Vaelma
12-24-2010, 10:53 PM
As much as I love playing PL on my iphone and ipad I just don't see me playing the PC version. Although I'm always amazed at what the developers have done with the content and the plans they have for future content in PL, I'm not so sure there will be enough to hold my interest on the PC.

There are some huge new MMORPG's coming out on PC next year, Tera being at the top of my list of games I'm waiting on.

I have great hopes for a great dev team though!

Htiek
12-25-2010, 12:04 AM
cant wait the pc version pl
i imagine multiclient with 5 accounts, farm the ao3 with myself
also with bot script, then its auto 24/7 farming

youngwizzy
12-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I think pc would be fun, but for enchantresses it would be confusing I think cuz we nuke and that is because we have such fast and easy access to the skills with our fingers [touch screen] and on a computer
It would not be the same because it's a mouse :-/

Vaelma
12-25-2010, 12:54 AM
True dat. I have a touch screen desktop but have never used the feature.

Ruscour
12-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Hoping for a Mac version, although I highly doubt I have much to worry about considering a Windows port would be far more difficult than a Mac port.

Might have to rename the game though...it wouldn't be so Pocket anymore.

namehere
02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
if it was toch screen computer we would have to hold it like a giant i pad or such.us mages have alot to look forward to

Turkster
02-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I think that making a PC version of this game is a bad idea.
Reasons:

1- Anyone still playing on their mobile devices would be at a huge disadvantage in PvP. On a computer, one can bind all their skills to mouseclicks and keyboard buttons. You can fire off skills and move around much eaiser with a keboard and mouse. Plus there's the chance that people will make
macros (one button to fire off multiple skills)

2- Botting and multiboxing

LotsaHugs
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
I gotta say I like that this is only a mobile app. I think putting on a pc framework waters it down a bit.

KingGiant
02-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I think pc would be fun, but for enchantresses it would be confusing I think cuz we nuke and that is because we have such fast and easy access to the skills with our fingers [touch screen] and on a computer
It would not be the same because it's a mouse :-/

Think about it. Ever played an mmo on a computer? There's a keyboard. And all PC mmo worth their salt have keyboard macros. Which would be sooo much faster than touchscreen.

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
i think that PL should stay mobile and that BLACKSTAR should be dual pc/mobile. thoughts?

superglut2
02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
BOth mobile and more features so they get more money. We need A LOT more customizations

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
pc wouldnt mean more features lol. everything runs on the same server so they cant update one platform and let the other one rot in hell.
a pc version would look the same as it does on android/ios. im pretty sure a dev said that but im not sure who or when.

Gluttony
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
The move to PC seems logical to expand the game and reach a different target audience; however, I also think that it would be a mistake. I mean think of all the scammers/spammers/hackers there are already. At least you feel like they are maually spamming and chatting with people to work their scam. If the game gets carted to PC, they can just use macros/auto mouse programs to do their bidding for them. Second, I don't pvp but I hear that it's all about timing so I would assume that there would be an amazing handicap for iPhone/Android users in that aspect. Finally, there would be the issue of autobotting. People could farm areas that respawn for rare drops almost 24/7 (with the occasional clearing out of the inventory). With this move to PC, Spacetime better borrow the banhammer from Microsoft because someone is going to have to lay down the law, big time!

So lets recap:
Pros:
Expands community

Cons:
Huge influx of cheaters

WhoIsThis
02-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I think that if expanded to PC, maybe PC should be on a separate server if PC does offer any advantages.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 12:45 AM
I think that if expanded to PC, maybe PC should be on a separate server if PC does offer any advantages.

completely agree... so your account could switch between servers tho, right?

Inching
02-17-2011, 01:03 AM
as it says on the home page.... War of Warcraft in your pocket... compare WOW to an iphone game and say how awsome it is.. is one thing.. will they compae PL to WOW still in the PC version and say how awsome or lacking then???

Hummmm.... funny, lets wait and see.... <smirking>

sechs
02-17-2011, 01:14 AM
the only reason i want to play on PC is that the game kills my battery in 1.5 hours, i almost want to buy another phone just for talking :P

sechs
02-17-2011, 01:16 AM
as it says on the home page.... War of Warcraft in your pocket... compare WOW to an iphone game and say how awsome it is.. is one thing.. will they compae PL to WOW still in the PC version and say how awsome or lacking then???

Hummmm.... funny, lets wait and see.... <smirking>

agree... in the standard of PC games PL is far from good.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 01:31 AM
the only reason i want to play on PC is that the game kills my battery in 1.5 hours, i almost want to buy another phone just for talking :P

You have a droid, right?

well, two things... first isn't just droid... turn down brightness... bat life went from 1.5 hours to 3.5 on my nexus one...

2nd, droid only, is get some extra batteries! for on the go! I bought 5 in bulk....total of 6