PDA

View Full Version : The mental hook that vanity's have on beginners.

Ihateppl
05-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Sts really needs to show ppl that vanity's are just for show, and that beginners do not need them to be a better player.

Kreasadriii
05-07-2014, 11:23 PM
That happen to me almost everyday -__-
They newbie player thought vanity better than their legendary items

Schnitzel
05-07-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm not the person you're messaging in the picture, but i sometimes look at the vanities in cs like this
O.O

Anarchist
05-07-2014, 11:33 PM
First thing i bought after buying good cheap lv26 gears was a gold ranger vanity:
Why?
Cause i thought it was supercool.

If a new player has the money let him BUY whatever he wants.

Morholt
05-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Looks at OP's username.
Looks at beggar's IGN.

faychen
05-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Looks at OP's username.
Looks at beggar's IGN.

I hate ppl vs i love u

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
05-07-2014, 11:43 PM
You are wrong. You'd be surprised how much my vanity helps me in PvP combat. That is my secret weapon.

Zylx
05-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Captain Obvious Says:

Vanities are a clever ruse for players to flaunt their wealth.

So when a new player has a vanity, they think that makes them look rich and important.

Daniel Banuelos
05-08-2014, 12:03 AM
i was selling a winter rage vanity for 45k rogue and a noob trade me and then i showed him my winter rage coat and thenhe said scammer thats a lvl 1 item he left trade saying in public that im a scammer my heart is beating so fast cuz people said lets report him
and then i told wat vanities are for then he left :/

Schnitzel
05-08-2014, 12:33 AM
i was selling a winter rage vanity for 45k rogue and a noob trade me and then i showed him my winter rage coat and thenhe said scammer thats a lvl 1 item he left trade saying in public that im a scammer my heart is beating so fast cuz people said lets report him
and then i told wat vanities are for then he left :/

no worries, You didn't do anything wrong. It was the other player's fault for mistaking one thing for another. STS can check logs and see if you did or didn't scam.

epicrrr
05-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Its really psychological, vanity does help but being practical that i am, its just pixel it doesn't add stats so i now opted for simpler look, but once you get that extra gold then why not get yourself a good looking vanity :)

Doobiez
05-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Captain Obvious Says:

Vanities are a clever ruse for players to flaunt their wealth.

So when a new player has a vanity, they think that makes them look rich and important.

Well put 😁

kinzmet
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Intimidate
They say that half of the battle is already won when you intimidate your opponent with your looks. A luxurious vanity will give your opponent ideas that your wearing top class gears even if your not, and thus avoids they being in your way or respect you and wont even attack you (happens in twink PVP a lot especial if its a Steel Commando :P).

Thats what the vanity can give you in PVP, but this does not affect good players who plays pvp a lot and will not give in on intimidation.

alexdroog
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
This and

Noone can see if i use my tarlok assault or mighty berserker