PDA

View Full Version : Suggesting multi-language use in chatting system

zooin
12-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not expecting items or maps or any other parts to be translated to other language.
Just hoping, at least the chatting system could be typed with other languages, too.

In behalf of our PL user members, we currently have 3,000 members playing PL and as English is not our first language, we find difficulties communicating each other. We separately have to use the other chatting system on computer to communicate.

As i have mentioned above, we do not need the whole changes since it takes time to modify. We just need faster and understandable communication between players. Let the game be worldwide.

asommers
12-22-2010, 11:58 PM
We can get to this when we tackle localization. Currently, to reduce memory, our bitmap font system only supports non-unicode (8-bit) characters, which limits you to western languages.

Before we tackle localization, we may introduce a region setting which, when set, groups players together in the same region. For example, if we allow English, French, German, and Spanish, and you set your region to Spanish, when you join a towne from the World Map, you'll be put into a towne where the other players have also set the Spanish region.

-ALS

Htiek
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
i suggest the multi-language should include the chinese
china is a large game market, as for other game company like ea, gameloft
their games also support chinese language

asommers
12-23-2010, 01:27 AM
When we support Unicode, the plan is to support at least Chinese, Korean, Japanese.

-ALS