PDA

View Full Version : The PVP mage power up!

kinzmet
05-08-2014, 12:26 PM
I was playing twink mages 10, 13, 16, 18, 21 and also level 36 (yes I got many toons for better crawly/colton sales :) ).
It was frustating on how squishy we are a PVP, but an idea came in me. What if mage have "de-buff skills", then killing
a warrior wouldn't be impossible (yes i'm talking about OP warriors not the undergeared ones). The de-buff skill will
remove all positive buffs and prevents the infected from gaining positive buffs for a certain period of time. For example,
say 15 seconds? You know how the pet Misty had a de-buff arcane ability.

Warriors, even how hard they are will be vulnerable to mage class without the venge and jugg buffs. I think this can
even out the balance issue right?

What are your opinions?

Instanthumor
05-08-2014, 12:33 PM
It surprises me how the mage class has no debuff skill except for the one reduce hit chance on Fireball. Even that upgrade is sketchy. Mages should have a stun-immunity type of skill which makes us immune to stuns for a while (i.e. Juggernaut and Razor Shield).

kinzmet
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM
It surprises me how the mage class has no debuff skill except for the one reduce hit chance on Fireball. Even that upgrade is sketchy. Mages should have a stun-immunity type of skill which makes us immune to stuns for a while (i.e. Juggernaut and Razor Shield).

Yeah, I forgot to mention about the immunity buff of the other class. When your playing warrior against mage 1v1, just activate jugg+venge then go to toilet to piss. Then return to kill that mage. :(

I hope that we too have a reliable de-buff skill, the upgrade from the fireball is definately not enough.

falmear
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Everything you need to know as to why mages are the way we are is in this image, see the highlighted portion:

So STS thinks rogue is the most difficult class to play. So they got to keep buffing this class.

will0
05-08-2014, 06:21 PM
That's a joke ... i dont think they developer play mages. O ... wait !!! April fools day is over :vwub:

Instanthumor
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Everything you need to know as to why mages are the way we are is in this image, see the highlighted portion:

So STS thinks rogue is the most difficult class to play. So they got to keep buffing this class.

It's funny how the employees don't even know their own game...

Sorry to disagree H2N, but I honestly think that mages are the hardest to master. All you need on a rogue is crit. I see non-mythic rogues running around in PvP killing arcane rogues. Maybe luck is a hard skill to master? I've had a few discussions with a few mage friends of mine. I can easily name the top 10 rogues that come to mind, however, it is very difficult to come up with the top 10 mages. And when you see Expedition Rifle mages constantly killing arcane staff mages, you realize that our class is just screwed up.

UndeadJudge
05-08-2014, 08:53 PM

Also curse -10% damage is a debuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
05-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Also curse -10% damage is a debuff.

Honestly, most of the upgrades/debuffs on Curse aren't even noticible.

UndeadJudge
05-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Honestly, most of the upgrades/debuffs on Curse aren't even noticible.

Neither is fireball lol

kinzmet
05-09-2014, 10:13 AM
It's funny how the employees don't even know their own game...

Sorry to disagree H2N, but I honestly think that mages are the hardest to master. All you need on a rogue is crit. I see non-mythic rogues running around in PvP killing arcane rogues. Maybe luck is a hard skill to master? I've had a few discussions with a few mage friends of mine. I can easily name the top 10 rogues that come to mind, however, it is very difficult to come up with the top 10 mages. And when you see Expedition Rifle mages constantly killing arcane staff mages, you realize that our class is just screwed up.

Yes I agree with you completely. Maybe the devs should try to play mage at PVP and see what we are talking about here.

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Neither is fireball lol

My point exactly.

Nesox
05-09-2014, 01:26 PM
That quote from H2N cracks me up. Any unskilled hack can pvp as a rogue successfully. Those with a little skill, very successfully. I still don't understand why Devs haven't taken a serious look at the average kdr for each class to figure this out. It seems Devs rarely play Mages except to troubleshoot. Just one example, it took months and months for someone to look at the fireball aim being attached to the upgrade issue and finally say "we tested it and you are correct." Every new player noticed this in short order yet it took almost a year for Devs to notice. If I hadn't resigned myself to the apathy some time ago, I would be baffled that any developer could be so out of touch with their own product.

A little stun resistance for Mages would be nice. On SS stuns longer than anything I can dish out

Instanthumor
05-09-2014, 03:40 PM
That quote from H2N cracks me up. Any unskilled hack can pvp as a rogue successfully. Those with a little skill, very successfully. I still don't understand why Devs haven't taken a serious look at the average kdr for each class to figure this out. It seems Devs rarely play Mages except to troubleshoot. Just one example, it took months and months for someone to look at the fireball aim being attached to the upgrade issue and finally say "we tested it and you are correct." Every new player noticed this in short order yet it took almost a year for Devs to notice. If I hadn't resigned myself to the apathy some time ago, I would be baffled that any developer could be so out of touch with their own product.

A little stun resistance for Mages would be nice. On SS stuns longer than anything I can dish out

Apparently, it takes some major skill to be lucky.

Hoardseeker
05-10-2014, 07:25 AM
That's a joke ... i dont think they developer play mages. O ... wait !!! April fools day is over :vwub:

Samhayne, The dev leader of AL uses a Sorcerer :p

Xeusx
05-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Delphette, The Mod Leader of AL uses a Sorcerer :D

kinzmet
05-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Delphette, The Mod Leader of AL uses a Sorcerer :D

Sadly, they dont play it on PVP I think. :(
Because if they do, mages wouldnt be a laughingstock in PVP.

Xeusx
05-10-2014, 11:53 AM
The reason is they are Dev/Mod, not a normal players like us..
No Dev/Mod play it on PvP like we play it lol

kinzmet
05-10-2014, 12:29 PM
The reason is they are Dev/Mod, not a normal players like us..
No Dev/Mod play it on PvP like we play it lol

Yeah, that makes sense :)

User111
05-10-2014, 01:00 PM

I had once seen delphette in Ctf.

kinzmet
05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I had once seen delphette in Ctf.

When the classes were still balance? :)

Newcomx
05-11-2014, 10:48 PM
As I already play all character, IMO Sorc is the hardest to play. With no health (warr) and dodge (rogue) advantage, playing sorc is about casting skill properly (timing and place) to stay alive and kill mobs. That's why my sorc have more deaths than my other character :D

Instanthumor
05-11-2014, 10:57 PM
As I already play all character, IMO Sorc is the hardest to play. With no health (warr) and dodge (rogue) advantage, playing sorc is about casting skill properly (timing and place) to stay alive and kill mobs. That's why my sorc have more deaths than my other character :D

If you have a hard time playing mage in PvE, try PvP.

Newcomx
05-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Don't like AL PVP :D... already try

Kreasadriii
05-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Balance PvP classes for mage?
very possible to beat warrior and rogue in 1 vs 1 before gem existed: lvl 21 (I was try it with twinks too)
enough possible to beat warrior and rogue after gem existed: lvl 21 and lvl 22 (I was try it with twinks too)

Sorry i dont know in higher lvl because mythic and arcane items make many differences balances class in ctf end lvl :D

andreim
05-13-2014, 10:33 AM
i dont think that the mage is so unbalanced. you can easily defeat any rogue( 1v1 only) if you know what skills to master and apply. i agree that the mages lacks some good skills because when you play mage you always have that "chill in the spine" moment when you need to fight someone in pvp. you just need to practice. warriors should be nerfed a little.