PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

programmed
05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm kinda new to windows 8. Its good so far but I have a few problems. One is that every time I click to a new page, it tries to redirect me to an advertising page or a random ad will pop up in the middle of my screen. That I can deal with but this next issue is a real problem for me. Some words on a page get highlighted in blue like its hyperlinked and its also got a double underline beneath it. Each of these blue highlighted words bring up an advertisement (usually a job advertisement) when the word is scrolled over or clicked. Sometimes these words are in a link and I cant click the link then. Do you windows 8 pros know of a way to stop these things or have these issues yourself?

Motivating
05-09-2014, 05:06 AM
I know the best way to deal with that, its called...
Windows 7

Burningdex
05-09-2014, 06:36 AM
if its on the internet on google chrom go to chrome store and instal "adblock" gets rid of ads for free then when trials up it doesnt force u to buy and it still works

Ishtmeet
05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Thats what I try to telleveryone. I get like 1-3 advertisements per click and it's not my pc's fault. SO what's this?

programmed
05-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Thats what I try to telleveryone. I get like 1-3 advertisements per click and it's not my pc's fault. SO what's this?

Glad I'm not the only one. I have an aunt and grandparents with windows 8 and this never happened to them.